'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The ugliness of ignorance coupled with "excitement"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: The ugliness of ignorance coupled with "excitement"   Sun May 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Arg.
I just saw a link to an article titled "what if a meteor hits the Earth at light-speed?"
The idea of people clicking that link and chattering about it excitedly somehow is as nauseating to me as anything.
The abuse, rape of scientific terms to satisfy the idiotic sensationalist brains of the postmodern hordes.

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: The ugliness of ignorance coupled with "excitement"   Sun May 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Lol.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." --Parodites

"Between this sky and the faces turned toward it there is nothing on which to hang a mythology, a literature, an ethic, or a religion—only stones, flesh, stars, and those truths the hand can touch." --Camus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: The ugliness of ignorance coupled with "excitement"   Sun May 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Yeah, "What if" questions are valid but they should always be based in reality. A meteor cannot travel at light speed. But they do hit Earth now and then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ugliness of ignorance coupled with "excitement"   

Back to top Go down

The ugliness of ignorance coupled with "excitement"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Psychology-
Jump to: