Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is why modern math is retarded

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

This is why modern math is retarded Empty
PostSubject: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Yes, 'math' as a means to unlearn logic.
Obviously none of that is really mathematics, it is simply word-play, where the word 'infinite' is radically misunderstood to begin with, as 'a size' .(?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????)

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 3:24 pm

I had someone tell me about this, claiming "math proves" that you can take a 3D object and cut it apart then put it back together making two objects of the same volume as the original... I couldn't believe someone can be that idiotic. Even the Cantor "proof" is just idiotic, that there are supposed to be more numbers between 0 and 1 than there are integers. Give me a fucking break. This sort of "math" is just a litmus test of non-thinking.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Yes, theres supposedly different orders of infinity, but all they are referring to is different ways of using math to arrive at the conclusion that you can keep counting, because it is abstract and has no weight. There is no actual, measurable infinity, as a measure is a limit. But surprisingly, this is too philosophical for mathematicians.

The order of real numbers offers a lot of numerical ways into infinity, just as it offers a lot of numerical ways in general. That is all.
They dont stop to think that real numbers are formulated and arrived at by the same decimal system that produces the sequence of integers.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:46 pm

On a science documentary one of the physicists said that whenever their solution included infinity it means they made a big mistake somewhere.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
On a science documentary one of the physicists said that whenever their solution included infinity it means they made a big mistake somewhere.

Haha, yeah.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:16 am

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:17 am

I am beginning to wonder if the field of mathematics is little more than a lack of philosophy, a lack made functional by the fact that mathematics itself is already simply a language based on logic and reality, so that no matter how much mathematicians butcher it it still keeps on working.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:21 am

"A set S is finite iff there is a bijection between S and {1,2,...,n} for some positive integer n, and infinite otherwise. (I.e., if it makes sense to count its elements.)"

Lol, no, a set is finite if it has a limited number of items in it. A set with 5 or 500 or 5000000 items in it is a finite set, that is what "finite" means. To have a definite, limited quantity.

Not sure why this is so hard for these "mathemagicians" to understand.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:22 am

Apparently studying even basic logic isn't a requirement for being a mathematician.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is why modern math is retarded   This is why modern math is retarded Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is why modern math is retarded
Page 1 of 1