'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Value Math

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Value Math   Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:18 pm

[Q(abc)] > [(xyz)A]
[A(xy)] > [(bc)Q]

Meaning:
Q's effects abc are of positive value (additive) to A in the condition of xyz
A's effects xy are of positive value to B in terms of bc

Using this, a reciprocal valuation coul

[A(xy)] >=< [(bc)Q(bc)] >=< [(xy)A]

or with intermediary

[A(xy)] >&1< [(bc)Q(bc)] >&1'< [(xy)A]

The & would refer to states of osmosis or plasma or general reactions and agents, which can be seen as self-valuing.

Fire, for example, is a selfvaluing even though its only a temporary reaction. it is a type of reaction.
and we are all fire, or a related process -
in this sense the & refers to states we more readily identify as agents than as identifiers.

Still maybe first order of business seeing if I can actually say something with this.

It needs to work with terms that are both abstract and concrete enough to be substance and variable.

[Matter(water)] > [(body)Life]
[Life(flesh)] > [(body)Life]

thats not yet meaningful categorization.

Work required.

View user profile Online
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Yes,

1 + 1 = 2

I've got it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:32 pm

urkie burkie?

Im trying to find notations for evaluations, not for equations.

View user profile Online
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:20 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
urkie burkie?

Im trying to find notations for evaluations, not for equations.

Hehehe. Sorry. I will remains silent until I understand what concept you are talking to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 am

Lol. Great.

Im looking for a way of getting one-sided statements, that arent equations. I dont believe in the "=". Meaning VO has no use for it.

I need a one directional "x is of value to y" which in no way implies "y is of value to x", not even in reverse.

View user profile Online
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:04 pm

As you're using it, then X > Y means X is of value to Y?

Then X >< Y means each are value to the other?

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
As you're using it, then X > Y means X is of value to Y?

Yeah

Quote :
Then X >< Y means each are value to the other?

It would, I'd prefer a symbol that integrates the two.

I saw the 'is greater than' sign as somewhat fitting as in representing 'has surplus to add to'.

I put the "=" sign in between for the reciprocity to do away with the implication 'is smaller than' which might mean 'subtracts from'.

Just figuring out the basic symbol set at this point.

In as far as two things are of value to each other, I want to insert properties, as representing the to be evaluated terms.
as things/beings are of value to one another by virtue of certain properties - never 'as such' - as there is no such thing as 'as such' in valuing - there is always only 'in terms of self-valuing x', ==> to be of value comes about through transaction, through selective relating.

Its the symmetry implied by the "=" that needs to be eliminated from the method.

View user profile Online
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:44 pm

That's a really interesting idea, a new mathematics is possible here. One that applies beyond the minimum, linear, material contexts.

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Fuck yes.

If you're seeing this in my clumsy attempts, it really is possible.

View user profile Online
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Math is holding humanity down to the linear, minimal, inhuman reality. Social sciences need a new math to escape analytic positivism among other things.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Math is holding humanity down to the linear, minimal, inhuman reality. Social sciences need a new math to escape analytic positivism among other things.

This is the absolute case.

If this can be done....

View user profile Online
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm

So first of all we can reinterpret the "=".
Since we work on standard keyboards we will work with the standing symbols, just redefine them.

"=" means a relationship that is reciprocal only in terms of specifically mentioned conditions. It no longer signifies equality; there is no such thing. "A" never equals "Q", or "A" - this is valid: [A(qpr)] > [(qpr)A]. The former amounts in more of itself.

The capital letter stands for an irreducible, a self-valuing.
the parentheses hold the reducibles, the 'universal constants' that equate to one another as they do in normal physics.

So we get comparisons rather than equations.

"A" compares to "Q" with resulting context of conjunctions and disjunctions of properties that are thereby revealed.
Properties are natural laws and such; phenomena derive from the disjunction of selfvaluings. Asymmetrical math, math that is not a priori cognate with itself;  math that relies on reality, and the purity of the thinkers mind, to amount to truth; which then never is abstract.

View user profile Online
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:36 pm

syntax error:

[A(abc)] = [A(abc)]

invalid by lack of remainder:

[A(abc)] = [(abc)A]

remainder is Paroditean Excess. All evaluations, all formula, happen within this excess. The ontic (the capitals) are off limits to evaluation, they are only valuings, only active, presiding over an evaluation.

View user profile Online
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:44 pm

This also accounts for the fact that when one is formulating about some "A", one is adding to it, layering. Like Bergsons irreducible snowball present, each statement of evaluation adds to the previous evaluations of the same increasing entity, much like a blockchain. The entity and its history are integrated; the present no longer excludes the future, this all too human former disjunction is resolved by placing the disjunction deeper, as an a priori condition of such things as growth and perpetuation of movement.

View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Value Math   

Back to top Go down

Value Math
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Science-
Jump to: