'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Drinking Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Drinking Game   Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:17 pm

no rules yet

no runes yet

one rune yet

one rule

:

no rules
(yet)

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Just found out from the mechanic that my car is a goner, needs a whole new engine, which I can't afford. And I have too much debt to get a car loan, apparently, at least with a bank. But I'll try to find one through a sleazy car dealership, those places are a dime a dozen in the Bankrupt States of America.

So suffice to say i'll be taking advantage of any drinking games today.

In college we used to watch Boondocks Saints and take a drink every time someone said Fuck. Never did make it through the whole movie. But I'll come up with something.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." -Parodites

"Was it necessary for the sense of truth that Nietzsche described as developed by the Judeo-Christian tradition that then manifested itself in the scientific methodology to turn against the symbolic foundation of that structure and demolish it... Jung's answer was that the conflict between science and religion is a consequence of the immature state of both of those domains of thinking... it's just that we aren't good enough at being religious or at being scientific to see how they might be reconciled." -Jordan Peterson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Just found out from the mechanic that my car is a goner, needs a whole new engine, which I can't afford. And I have too much debt to get a car loan, apparently, at least with a bank. But I'll try to find one through a sleazy car dealership, those places are a dime a dozen in the Bankrupt States of America.

So suffice to say i'll be taking advantage of any drinking games today.

In college we used to watch Boondocks Saints and take a drink every time someone said Fuck. Never did make it through the whole movie. But I'll come up with something.

Too bad about the car. Yes, major repair on vehicles in the USA is far too costly. Almost as bad as out health care. I hope you find a good replacement.

I stopped drinking over fifty years ago although I do keep some Lambrusco low alcohol red wine in the house all the time just in case.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Good man.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." -Parodites

"Was it necessary for the sense of truth that Nietzsche described as developed by the Judeo-Christian tradition that then manifested itself in the scientific methodology to turn against the symbolic foundation of that structure and demolish it... Jung's answer was that the conflict between science and religion is a consequence of the immature state of both of those domains of thinking... it's just that we aren't good enough at being religious or at being scientific to see how they might be reconciled." -Jordan Peterson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks. I find that perhaps more than anything else, poverty puts things in perspective.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:04 am

Im actually a really bad drinker. So I don't drink much.
Recently I was in a group that was drinking Protestant Irish whiskey, as opposed to Jameson, which is Catholic.. kek.
It was much better than Jameson though, that is definitely a fact.

I forget the name.

Mechanics... cant trust them, but you kind of have to.

As I pulled out of my parking spot recently there was a horrific noise and the steering wheel got stuck. It turned out the steering fluid pipe had snapped. Thankfully I was around the corner of a garage where Id been before. It only cost me 150 Canadian dollars to get it replaced, where towing alone would have been more than that.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Thanks. I find that perhaps more than anything else, poverty puts things in perspective.

But it can also lead to negativity and nihilism. Be careful with your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:04 am

Breakfast. I woke up at 6 from hard rain on the balcony, coming inside, I had left the door open last night. Id left my pants on my chair and they were soaked. So Im wearing jogging pants now, having breakfast two blocks down the hill. Its a little more expensive here, in this posh neighbourhood, than in old Rosemont.

Rosemont... what a discovery that has been.

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:33 am

Thunder striking the mountaintop outside my window. Less than a second delay between the flash and the thunder, sounds like two thousand ton metal beams are being rammed together. This keeps on for a while, rain crashing down. Nice. This city has the climatological dynamics of Venus.

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:37 am

The day before yesterday I had a steak, but I hadn't thought to buy salt for the new kitchen. I had thrown all my food out when I left. I did however have a bottle of black label, so I poured a shot of that in the pan with the meat and onions. Yes, that works. The scent it spread through the apartment alone was worth it.

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Brilliant.

Tonight I aim to do serious damage to this bottle here. This bottle is fucked, sorry to say... it's over, it has no hope. Gg no re.

Oh yeah, this is healing. While Jameson is... I don't even know, maybe sickness. It's fascinating how vastly different are the effects of different liquors.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:34 am

Maybe get yourself some 101 proof Wild Turkey and do that thing right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:40 am

Thats a Bourbon, is it?

Pezer was saying get a 200 dollar bottle of Whiskey and make it last. I have no idea what kind of brand would make sense to pay that price for. Im making this black label last too long anyway.

Tried drinking a beer the night before last. What utterly disgusting excuse for piss.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Thats a Bourbon, is it?

Pezer was saying get a 200 dollar bottle of Whiskey and make it last. I have no idea what kind of brand would make sense to pay that price for. Im making this black label last too long anyway.

Tried drinking a beer the night before last. What utterly disgusting excuse for piss.

Yes, Wild Turkey is a Bourbon. However,

The best bourbon I ever drank was J W Dant 100 proof Bottled in Bond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drinking Game   

Back to top Go down

Drinking Game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: