'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Why does Islam spread?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Why does Islam spread?   Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:15 pm

We can't simply say that Islam spreads by the sword, because all religions spread as a consequence of clashes of cultures, notably Christianity was spread by the sword as well during the colonial activities of the Europeans. So what is it about Islam itself as a religion that makes people want to be Islamic? What is the philosophical value/power behind Islam, compared to the philosophical value/power behind, say, Christianity?

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful

#Odinwar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Why does Islam spread?   Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:12 pm

It feels good. It is an even more effective form of emotional release than Catholic confession.

One gives ones entire will to a singular emotional intention, surrender to the Great Merciful One. Its easy, and its works. It gets everyone who goes for it the once hooked. Even I can never er escape my knowledge of that feeling.

Christianity offers a more versatile palet of experiences, and thus also a more challenging initiation. I said elsewhere that no science owes anything to Christianity, but it is still true that Christianity took hold of the same culture of which scientific thought also took hold.

The complexity of the Trinity is baffling to muslims, they all think it is an utterly ridiculous artifice. So basically, the power of Islam is simplicity.

The more simple the West becomes in its moral mindset, the more Islam will expand. Because as a simplistic religion it is far more clever than anything the West can produce.

View user profile Online
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Why does Islam spread?   Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
So basically, the power of Islam is simplicity.

The more simple the West becomes in its moral mindset, the more Islam will expand. Because as a simplistic religion it is far more clever than anything the West can produce.

Very interesting view.

I have most often viewed it as male dominance over women and children. Power and control of others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Why does Islam spread?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Will Muslims welcome RFID and big brother societies?

I see no reason why not. Once European or other western countries become run by Muslims, and regardless if traditional secularism remains as a formality or not, the new politicians will push RFID and other monitoring as a means of verifying one's faith and devout nature... what use is privacy to a religious literalist living in a theocracy? Privacy is implicitly a danger for such a person.

But allowing oneself to be monitored would allow oneself to perpetually prove one's devout nature, that one is sincerely religious and not a threat to the dominant religious leaders. I can see surveillance Orwellian technology being sold to majority Muslim populations on these grounds, and also on the grounds that it allows them to prove they aren't "radical" and building bombs in their basements.

I wonder if any such concept as the right to privacy exists in Islam? I honestly do not know. But I know this concept is key in the secular western societies. As secularism wanes and continues to be replaced by creeping theocratic authoritarianism, will we see a subsequent decline in society's understanding of the importance of privacy?

A Google CEO said it best, encapsulating this ideology perfectly with the comment, "Why are you afraid of surveillance if you have nothing to hide?" This perfectly shows the slowly creeping ideological chains that are encircling us, and I can see that the continued Islamification of the west would only exacerbate the spread and normalization of such an ideology.

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful

#Odinwar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Why does Islam spread?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:

A Google CEO said it best, encapsulating this ideology perfectly with the comment, "Why are you afraid of surveillance if you have nothing to hide?" This perfectly shows the slowly creeping ideological chains that are encircling us, and I can see that the continued Islamification of the west would only exacerbate the spread and normalization of such an ideology.

I have heard that before and at first I thought it to be a valid perspective. I no longer do. This is based on my belief in personal privacy. I don't want to be just another number in a data base.

I see little freedom within the Islamic religion unless you are a man. Reducing humanity to predator/prey.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does Islam spread?   

Back to top Go down

Why does Islam spread?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Idealism-
Jump to: