'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Why does Islam spread?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Why does Islam spread?   Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:15 pm

We can't simply say that Islam spreads by the sword, because all religions spread as a consequence of clashes of cultures, notably Christianity was spread by the sword as well during the colonial activities of the Europeans. So what is it about Islam itself as a religion that makes people want to be Islamic? What is the philosophical value/power behind Islam, compared to the philosophical value/power behind, say, Christianity?

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." -Parodites

"Was it necessary for the sense of truth that Nietzsche described as developed by the Judeo-Christian tradition that then manifested itself in the scientific methodology to turn against the symbolic foundation of that structure and demolish it... Jung's answer was that the conflict between science and religion is a consequence of the immature state of both of those domains of thinking... it's just that we aren't good enough at being religious or at being scientific to see how they might be reconciled." -Jordan Peterson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Why does Islam spread?   Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:12 pm

It feels good. It is an even more effective form of emotional release than Catholic confession.

One gives ones entire will to a singular emotional intention, surrender to the Great Merciful One. Its easy, and its works. It gets everyone who goes for it the once hooked. Even I can never er escape my knowledge of that feeling.

Christianity offers a more versatile palet of experiences, and thus also a more challenging initiation. I said elsewhere that no science owes anything to Christianity, but it is still true that Christianity took hold of the same culture of which scientific thought also took hold.

The complexity of the Trinity is baffling to muslims, they all think it is an utterly ridiculous artifice. So basically, the power of Islam is simplicity.

The more simple the West becomes in its moral mindset, the more Islam will expand. Because as a simplistic religion it is far more clever than anything the West can produce.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Why does Islam spread?   Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
So basically, the power of Islam is simplicity.

The more simple the West becomes in its moral mindset, the more Islam will expand. Because as a simplistic religion it is far more clever than anything the West can produce.

Very interesting view.

I have most often viewed it as male dominance over women and children. Power and control of others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does Islam spread?   

Back to top Go down

Why does Islam spread?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Idealism-
Jump to: