Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Tree of Life

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 7:47 pm

I decided to forfeit my boycott of youtube to be able to still publish my Tree of Life series.
I decided this after having made this new episode and just wanted to put it in the playlist with the others.

All this after I realized I can't claim to quit youtube because I won't stop watching it.

All very Geburic insights and developments.

Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 am

Yeah, YouTube is pretty addictive. I visit it often, mostly for music.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 7:25 am

Addictive it isnt, to me. I am addicted only to writing. I will watch youtube videos when someone links them. I dont wanna stop doing them the courtesy or myself the possible pleasure of watching and I actually have some followers of my tree of life videos.

I recommend watching this one. God is not involved. I even proclaim myself non relgious.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Addictive it isnt, to me. I am addicted only to writing. I will watch youtube videos when someone links them. I dont wanna stop doing them the courtesy or myself the possible pleasure of watching and I actually have some followers of my tree of life videos.

I recommend watching this one. God is not involved. I even proclaim myself non relgious.

Too long for me to watch. My attention span is about 5 minutes. After that I get restless.

But I'm glad for you continuing your efforts in an area of your interests.

Hehehe. So you are now non-religious, are you? It really doesn't matter to me. I just prefer to not talk about religions. But I do philosophy.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 6:28 pm

Sisyphus how is the weather down there?
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 6:51 pm

A 5 min attention span is a bit low, man. You need to take some walks in fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:08 am

Thrasymachus wrote:

All clear now. Irma made a mess in my front yard but that will be easy to clean up. The winds did me a job in the back and that will take some time to recover from. No serious damage though. No flooding as my property is on a small hill at an elevation of 48 feet.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:11 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
A 5 min attention span is a bit low, man. You need to take some walks in fresh air.

You are likely right. I do get outside for fresh air but don't walk very often. (My broken hip didn't repair well enough for me to go on leisure walks any more.)

Old age isn't pretty.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 8:08 am

Damn, Im sorry to hear that. I kind of want to make a video you enjoy, but dont know how.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 8:34 am

Something Taoist perhaps. Limited time constraints may force more concentration of value.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 8:38 am

Sisyphus wrote:
Thrasymachus wrote:

All clear now.  Irma made a mess in my front yard but that will be easy to clean up.  The winds did me a job in the back and that will take some time to recover from.  No serious damage though.

Good.

Quote :
 No flooding as my property is on a small hill at an elevation of 48 feet.

Smart.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:52 am

Taosim is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 5:46 pm

From what I've read of Tao Te Ching it's basically ontology.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Damn, Im sorry to hear that.  I kind of want to make a video you enjoy, but dont know how.

Thanks for the thought. I truly do appreciate that.

I have enjoyed some of your work. Perhaps I haven't mentioned my appreciation often enough.

Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Something Taoist perhaps. Limited time constraints may force more concentration of value.

Yeah. Now that would get my attention.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Taosim is pretty cool.

Yeah. Especially once one has grasped the concepts in the Tao Te Ching and then starts reading the Chuang Tzu.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Quote :
Fixed Cross wrote:
Damn, Im sorry to hear that.  I kind of want to make a video you enjoy, but dont know how.

Thanks for the thought. I truly do appreciate that.

I have enjoyed some of your work. Perhaps I haven't mentioned my appreciation often enough.

I don't suffer on your account, my friend. But I too maintain the liberty to be as truthful as I want to be.

My videos are my art, I do the very best I can, on the subjects that are most part of me, in which I know with absolute honesty.
People do indeed quite often suggest I go and make an artwork that they would like to see. I sometimes think "oh thats pretty cool" but basically my feeling is then "yeah, do that, Id check it out".

So... would be pretty cool if you and Thrasymachus made that video. Maybe you can show him the content, and he can forge it into a video of some 5 minutes. The basics of editing are simple, and he is a strong artist. Id definitely give that a go if it was made. But Ive never worked on commission let alone for free to use my art to tell a story someone else sees in his mind, rather than one that I see.

If my stories are not appreciated here, then they are appreciated elsewhere.... thats the way it goes.
I do appreciate you giving them all a try even if you had already seen a bunch you didn't like, Ive found that very refreshing.

Keep commenting, by all means. But T is giving you false hopes - I will never in my life set myself to art except from my own most unconditioned valuing; I don't exactly pick subjects just because they're interesting. One could say that they pick me.

I often don't even know why it is important I make something, I just know it gets to be nearly as important as breathing after a while. Thats what was happening the days before this last video on Geburah, my most mature work on politics so far, of which I am very proud, and was more than a bit scared as it took shape. It is not a message anyone wants to hear - and yet it is the first message of true hope for Europe in perhaps a century.

In Nietzschean terms, it means the work can begin.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Really, I am very good at a particular style, or at several maybe, but a docu on Taoism or, as T has expressed much interest in, on Jordan Peterson, would not be something Id know how to make. With Taoism, I think what isn't readily available already can only be learned in lifetime of mostly silent practice, and what is attempted to reveal of the most heartfelt insights, tends to ruin the insight. As the Tao is subtle.

T - you really should give it a try - download Sony Vegas, absolutely the best there is. If you don't make profit on your work its okay to use a crack. If you make profit, just buy the program when you can afford.

You've expressed some good ideas for films to me and you say I would be the one to be able to make them - but really, is that the. case? You know how art is - it happens to you. It is you.

And I stand by my maxim that one only can understand to the degree that one values.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 12:07 am

No, I realize thats nonsense, most likely. You are of course rather busy.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 7:35 am

Fixed Cross wrote:

I don't suffer on your account, my friend. But I too maintain the liberty to be as truthful as I want to be.

In Nietzschean terms, it means the work can begin.

I would never want to cause you suffering. And I believe you are being truthful to us as well as to yourself.

I understand what you are saying. It's just that I cannot go there as it is not one of my capabilities.

And yes, follow your true nature. That is one of the key concepts of Taoism. (The hard part of that is that we must determine what is our true nature as opposed to what others have caused us to become.)
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 7:41 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Really, I am very good at a particular style, or at several maybe, but a docu on Taoism or, as T has expressed much interest in, on Jordan Peterson, would not be something Id know how to make. With Taoism, I think what isn't readily available already can only be learned in lifetime of mostly silent practice, and what is attempted to reveal of the most heartfelt insights, tends to ruin the insight. As the Tao is subtle.

Yes, Tao is subtle. But it is not hidden. All we have to do is look out our window and - - - there it is. The only role we have is to make sure we do not add our subjective to Tao's objectivity.

(Some things we see aren't going to be pretty.)
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 8:58 am

I would very much enjoy learning to make films. But yes I tend not to have a lot of free time, or free money. Had to wait 24 hours to buy more cigarettes on account of money, that was a rough 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks S.

C - to be able to edit youll not need to spend any cash..I didnt until I was in tbe profession and decided to indulge Apple with buying tbe program I had been using, FCP.

Sony Vegas is the most userfriendly as well as powerful consumer editing suite for windows. Then of course you do need a pc, i dont know if you have one atm, i just realize you usually write on your phone.

But, assuming you have one, think about it. It would be very nice.

Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
I would very much enjoy learning to make films. But yes I tend not to have a lot of free time, or free money. Had to wait 24 hours to buy more cigarettes on account of money, that was a rough 24 hours.

I've known those days. Not pretty.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Fixed, I would probably try using iMovie, if that is any good. I don't really know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Tree of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tree of Life   The Tree of Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tree of Life
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next