Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Autism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Autism Empty
PostSubject: Autism   Autism Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm

I wonder if autism is an evolutionary step forward, like in X-Men. Based on the autistic people I have known and talked to, including autistic kids, this seems like a distinct possibility.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Autism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autism   Autism Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Its a very broad term and some autisms aren't an advantage in anything, but certainly many autists are a gift to humanity.
They don't tend to procreate, though. I think it wil remain an occasional benevolent anomaly. Rather than the genes, the work of autisms is sure to have a substantial part in humanity's work as a whole.

Autisms is generally considered to carry with it a lack of ability to empathize. Sometimes a person appears to be autistic because he is too empathic, and isn't able to push out his inner world in a reaction.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Autism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autism   Autism Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 8:52 am

Yes and they tend to be brutally honest, which I like. If autism is genetic in some way rather than just a consequence of damage from environmental toxins, then a drive to brutal honesty is sort of like a "mutant power" in my view.

So much of empathy is based on superficial social norms and self-imposed weakness and blindness to truths, a will to failure; I like empathy but not when it breeds this weakness. Autistics could possibly learn empathy with less bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Autism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autism   Autism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Storm :: Psychology-
Jump to: