Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Future in terms of the Past.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

The Future in terms of the Past.  Empty
PostSubject: The Future in terms of the Past.    The Future in terms of the Past.  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 10:49 am

Im gonna see what kind of situations in the past are likely to return.
I was inspired by this entry from http://www.fsmitha.com/time/ce14.htm

"1350  Some Europeans are blaming Jews for the plague. Some are blaming the rich and some the Catholic Church. The belief in witchcraft is revitalized. Believing that the end of the world is at hand, some groups engage in frenzied bacchanals and orgies. Those called Flagellants believe that the plague is the judgment of God on sinful mankind. Walking across countryside, men and women flog one another. They preach that anyone doing this for thirty-three days will be cleansed of all sin – one day for every year that Christ lived. The Church is on guard against creative, heretical theology and Pope Clement VI condemns the movement."

Yeah. Its gonna get worse with our leftists.
The end is not in sight.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

The Future in terms of the Past.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future in terms of the Past.    The Future in terms of the Past.  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Over and over again. Humans have a hard time learning from their forefathers' mistakes. We gotta' make our own stupid mistakes.
Back to top Go down

The Future in terms of the Past.
Page 1 of 1