Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Principle vs dialectic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Principle vs dialectic Empty
PostSubject: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm

I hold to principle over dialectic.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:54 pm

I have few principles and I'm not diabetic.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Principle allows for dialectic but the aim of dialectic is to crash, crack open into a revelation of the consequences of principle down the slippery slope of causality, of which dialectic is an analysis and image.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
I have few principles and I'm not diabetic.

lolnice
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Principle allows for dialectic but the aim of dialectic is to crash, crack open into a revelation of the consequences of principle down the slippery slope of causality, of which dialectic is an analysis and image.

In the final analysis and at the level of telos, dialectic destroys principle. A little dialectic might unlock principle even more, i.e. allow us to understand it better, but that is just speculative philosophical thinking that allows that. We can call that thinking "dialectical" if we want, but that is quite different from the Hegelian/Marxist dialectic itself.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 am

Dialectic is goo, principle is gold.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 6:48 pm

I have no need for goo but I wouldn't turn down an offer of gold.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 1:10 am

"To desire everybody to become a "good man," "a gregarious animal," "a blue-eyed, benevolent, beautiful soul," or—as Herbert Spencer wished—a creature of altruism, would mean robbing existence of its greatest character, castrating man, and reducing humanity to a sort of wretched Chinadom. And this some have tried to do! It is precisely this that men called morality."

HAHAHA

Now that is some fucking principles.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 1:14 am

"To consider distress of all kinds as an objection, as something which must be done away with, is the greatest nonsense on earth; generally speaking, it is nonsense of the most disastrous sort, fatal in its stupidity—almost as mad as the will to abolish bad weather, out of pity for the poor, so to speak. In the great economy of the whole universe, the terrors of reality (in the passions, in the desires, in the will to power) are incalculably more necessary than that form of petty happiness which is called "goodness"; it is even needful to practise leniency in order so much as to allow the latter a place at all, seeing that it is based upon a falsification of the instincts. I shall have an excellent opportunity of showing the incalculably calamitous consequences to the whole of history, of the credo of optimism, this monstrous offspring of the homines optimi. Zarathustra,[1] the first who recognised that the optimist is just as degenerate as the pessimist, though perhaps more[Pg 136] detrimental, says: "Good men never speak the truth. False shores and false harbours were ye taught by the good. In the lies of the good were ye born and bred. Through the good everything hath become false and crooked from the roots." Fortunately the world is not built merely upon those instincts which would secure to the good-natured herd animal his paltry happiness. "

T
P

K
K
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
"To desire everybody to become a "good man," "a gregarious animal," "a blue-eyed, benevolent, beautiful soul," or—as Herbert Spencer wished—a creature of altruism, would mean robbing existence of its greatest character, castrating man, and reducing humanity to a sort of wretched Chinadom. And this some have tried to do! It is precisely this that men called morality."

HAHAHA

Now that is some fucking principles.

Sorry but I think it has already been done. Most just don't realize it yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Principle vs dialectic   Principle vs dialectic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Principle vs dialectic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Storm :: Ethics-
Jump to: