Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:12 am

Why, from the lofty perch of his mountain-top, would he want to see a healthy man? Is that what he wanted? Was it simply a necessary tool, health for men?
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:14 am

Beyond Good and Evil

Are his designs. So expect to find a lot of good you cannot make sense out of when you realize he can be called an evil man.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:20 am

Pezer wrote:
What would Thales say of an overman? Nothing, he was one. And Plate? He was something terrifyingly else. I have also been this terrifyingly else, and so has Nietzsche.

Though we are, also, overmen. For we overcome and self-overcome for sport. But our ambitions... Our ambitions are other.

Yet until the ambition and the sport become one I don't see the overman. Still, the horizon is already beyond what the overman is, running into what he does.

The overman is, as you say, like Thales.

The overman politically is Aries-Taurus.

Last edited by Fixed Cross on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:20 am

And even Nietzsche dealt with the weak to an extent that I never would. But all he had to do was reach down into the well and stirr it lightly with his fingertips to cause a commotion that would define eras.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 am

Yeah, I see you. I like you. But yes, you are doomed. Though in that doom you may well create epochs yoursefl.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 am

Pezer wrote:
Why, from the lofty perch of his mountain-top, would he want to see a healthy man? Is that what he wanted? Was it simply a necessary tool, health for men?

No, the health is the fruit, the juicy fruit that one eats after crossing the desert.
To know the earth is being done justice to.

But he knew health was not there yet, so he became the clown that we know from the first book.
At the end, he gave away his sanity for a inkling of a future health.
For him the buck stopped at a metaphor; the ER.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:24 am

As for me, I am like Easy.

Just a gangster having fun.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:26 am

No denying that.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:31 am

Its this fun having gangster that I am talking to. Not the posh art critic or the academian librarian.
Im also over the idea of libraries as significant places to cultivate. Give me bookstores instead. Amazon for all I care.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:32 am

PE and Eazy E were the first musics I owned. I was 12 or 13 then, went to a PE concert too. Eazy wasn't ever in Amsterdam that I know of.

I remember Eazy saying he was 16 on the tape, and me wondering how Id be at his age.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:38 am

OP;

There is no easy way to survive the first encounter with philosophy. Keeping the head above water, not to drown in the beauty, which is correctly identified as terror at heart - as thrill to the core of the cells -
this is the first way in which philosophy becomes political: how one looks the danger it presents in the eye, the moves one makes to engage and defeat or upturn the source of this danger. In the end, the danger only serves to make us more alert, more experienced, and if we are lucky, more what we are.

But philosophy can far more easily be a mans undoing than his making.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:50 am

Pezer wrote:
As for me, I am like Easy.

Just a gangster having fun.

And if your enemies ever rise up, I will destroy them.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:51 am

Wass PE?
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Public Enemy.

Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Ugh, communists. Your thing.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 1:08 pm

I know you're sensitive about it so I recently said that Id not post them, but you objected.
Anyway its not my thing. It was the biggest hiphop act in the late 80s. If you can show me any Communism in my rap, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Nah, nah, it ain't like that.

NY had some dope shit, and I listened to plenty commie rap in my youf days of rap discovry. Immortal Technique.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 2:29 pm

I watched that motherfucker fall down when he did a stage dive in Amsterdam which had already always embarrassed me with its audiences. That was terrible.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 2:58 pm

Wel... That's what he gets.

Talented lyricist. But too weak to see past the comminess.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Well its their trip. But I never liked that trip. I admire Technique sort of objectively but that displeases me. Straight out rap is just getting high on your own mind like Kissinger.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 3:12 pm

I realize both my grandfathers took Marx apart and redid what he meant without the tyranny.

On my fathers side, Herman Milikowski did a dialectic called the Praise of Unadaptedness, after Erasmus title, which became the signifier of emancipation politics. On my mothers side, Marcus Bakker used his nazi-killing prerogative (though he gladly threw his gun in the canal when the Canadians arrived) to strengthen the parliamentary democracy and the classical foundation of education. Without him I wouldn't have been able to learn Greek or Latin, the Social Democrat PM wanted to abolish it on account of it being pretentious and elitist.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Here as well as the Aspects thread, I may be beyond giving a shit.

May be.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Woa no fuck no, not beyond giving a shit. Not on the Aspects thread. And not on anything that produced you.

Shit.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Certainly beyond giving a shit about politics, then.

Yes. Fzzuck politics. Truly. Let them burn. Imma make that cash money.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 3:43 pm

If anyone wants to know what I think about politics or if they want insurrectional rap, they can refer to Tupac.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.   For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Fixed Cross: Thales as political philosopher.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next