Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

an argument

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

an argument Empty
PostSubject: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 8:18 am

I think runes are like death metal.

Anyone who takes them too seriously, or rather takes themselves too seriously regarding them, misses both the point and great fun.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 8:49 am

In your neck of the woods maybe thats true.
Death metal, or black metal, all that is painfully boring to me.

Where I come from, stand, and go to, runes are the only law.
I recommend you keep your insults to Odin limited.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 8:53 am

Just because it is physically impossible for me to endure such insults and not respond with destructive measures.
Blasphemy of my God is no something I expect of you or will tolerate here.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 8:56 am

Now let me light that joint.

Don't make me angry like this brother.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 9:24 am

I hope this isn't offensive to you, it is what I think:

I don't think Odin himself takes himself too seriously.

A wise man I know once told me "runes are intrinsically kind of toungue in cheek." That helped me unlock in them grezzeat power.

Now. Point me to the insult. Guy.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 10:17 am

Odin only takes himself lightly to be able to value beyond himself, not to make a general mockery of things. He dies, but not before he has bled up side down into the well below the tree from which he had hung himself, offers his eye and is rewarded with a vision. This vision, before which Odin lives, is of runes.

Seeing all that he went through as a God to acquire these things, it is fair to say he definitely takes the runes seriously, and so do I.

Serious the way a child approaches his first game, having learned the rules, and that the rules make the game, and his chances as a player. The self ceases to matter except as the quantum of power that it is.

Runes also represent lineages, blood-ties and purposes and codes held across the generations.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 10:28 am

But why you call "serious" may be something Ive never experienced.

I was happy to go to a school with proper mad men teaching Greek and German and Mathematics, a true zoo of delight. I wasn't able to digest the idea that I had to take some taks seriously except if I cod e ht it mattered, like cleaning out the trash or cooking, which I would call serious, just real.

Serious, where someone places an importance on something that isn't there for others, things like family and pride, these for me have come to include the runes. I am not certain how much this has to do with my ancestry, but if so that only speaks for me, not against the runes.

I remember the seriousness with which you drew runes under the bridge, it was much more serious than I needed to be, very fearful and very awesome. I don't take you for an insolent, but you know my temper. Runes are quite the riches, that for hell damn sure.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:06 pm

I refer to my death metal analogy. Though you don't seem to care much for death metal. But it is a coherente analogy and holds up.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Btw you make a general mockery of yourself by suggesting I make a general or specific mockery of anything.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Well no ok I do mock nazis.

Only because I would like them to show their bitch faces.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:18 pm

And some time ago I used to mock nihilists. But I don't got time for that shit anymore.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 4:17 am

Pezer wrote:
Btw you make a general mockery of yourself by suggesting I make a general or specific mockery of anything.

I was particularly gentle with you here, coming into my thread about my gods, and saying that ODIN DOES NOT MAKE A GENERAL MOCKERY OF THINGS. I kept it VERY LIGHT with you here.

I will lock this thread.
nothing personal, its just these aren't your gods, you doubt value them as youve made clear, so you better keep silent about them.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 4:22 am

May Odin forgive you for this crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

an argument Empty
PostSubject: Re: an argument   an argument Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

an argument
Page 1 of 1