Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

drunken praise for "a new ethics"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

áš  : 8696

drunken praise for "a new ethics" Empty
PostSubject: drunken praise for "a new ethics"   drunken praise for "a new ethics" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 am

Beautifully spoken. There is much high and almost forgotten in me that wants to affirm this, but I fear words are failing me to do justice.

"Traditionally, the sword has slain the dragon, and the dragon has melted the steel of the sword.
Soon the dragon and the sword unite to face a common purpose: to tear away the veil of sleep." - Athena Christianson

Before the light, the morning star rises, it is breaking away from God to do its dance. Its motions on the horizon form a pentagram, a dancing man. The sun this dancing light heralds can be seen as a greater dance (a greater involvement of energy into the intersubjective realm, a stronger solidarity even in adversity, less nihilism) to which this conspiracy of daemons invites the panic in the world. To release panic of its freedom which is its horror. What channels man? The greatest emotional chessgames devised do not stand up to the pure panic of this century. What can tempt us out of this "now"-void, release us into a structure-in-time? Only an idea of great genius. It seems that we are to take such an idea not as one notion, but as a minimal cosmos of different necessary engagement of the primordial being that we seek to attain through our medium of being-human.

All the means at our disposal to summon this dance in the hearts of all mad burnings, all self inflicting wounds. And here, this core needs to be kept, this flame tended - no, fed - time is a monster, all consuming in every moment. For time to be tamed so as to progress away from chaos, no bounds, but lures have to be set. A course of approaching and constant re-directing -- we must place morality in time. And for this we need krya, the act of ritual. Progression on Earth already has a meaning. Where pagan religions have identified forces and progressions as Gods and providences, we may ritualize them for their own sake. We may induce a new sort of sacred in the spectacle. To infect life with a taste for cosmic fruition. But what is kosmos? Logos, eros, pathos, thanatos, - the dwellings of the deamon must to be connected into a progression in order for this dance to be enabled. We must take seriously the notion of space-time, and our embodiment of it as dwelling.
Back to top Go down

drunken praise for "a new ethics"
Page 1 of 1