Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aglaia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

áš  : 8696

Aglaia Empty
PostSubject: Aglaia   Aglaia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 12:29 am

AGLA is a notarikon (Hebrew-to-Greek gematria) for the word Malkuth. It is a Greek word (aglaia) that means splendor, lordship. As in lordship over Malkuth the Kingdom or mortal realm in Kabbalah, which to draw on my application of the Gnostic metaphysics of transcendental apotheosis and excessus, is both the sephira separated from God and the only member of the sephiroth that generates its own Zohar. However it gets deeper: Plotinus equates Aglaia with the pure radiance (what Gnostics call ennoea, and Kabbalah calls zohar) of the Primary-Intellect of the Neoplatonist tradition, and by extension the EIDEIA to which man must rise in the discovery of both his own nature and the structure of the cosmos: aglaia is the pure radiances or light, the pure ennoea, and thus TRUTH itself. It is not the truth of any one statement or idea or anything: it is the truth of mind reflecting on mind, of that pleroma or plenitude which the servants of JEU call the Treasury of Lights. Aglaia is even the dying word of Herakles as, in his final breath, reason returns to him and he sees what he has done, and by realizing it, relieves himself the burden of conscience through acceptance of an ultimate truth. What is this ultimate truth that eased the heart of the mad Demigod? It is the truth that the multiplicity cannot contain the splendor or aglaia of the One, the burning infentesimal of the original intelligence. That is the tragedy of which Holderlin, in his essay on Empedocles, based the pathos of the philosopher-- as the One reaching out toward the pothos of matter and multiplicity, to re-emerge in aglaia and repeat the process; one--multiplicity--one--multiplicity. AGLA is also used by the Pythagoreans to mark the Tetractys- the mathematical representation of this ultimate cosmic pattern. - Parodites
Back to top Go down

Aglaia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Earth :: The Gods-
Jump to: