'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The question was posed to me: what is the opposite of the way of thinking known as philosophy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: The question was posed to me: what is the opposite of the way of thinking known as philosophy?   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:56 pm

My answer is obedience. Philosophers from the Greeks till tomorrow have felt as absurdly superior to other people, they secretly felt there were much too many slaves, as Nietzsche said. Philosophers have held the silly secret that each human has the same capabilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: The question was posed to me: what is the opposite of the way of thinking known as philosophy?   Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Though, as Nietzsche also said and in a tribute to evolution, even the Greek philosophers didn't quite see a slave, or maybe every slave as a human. It seems to me likely that, as early as Parmenides and Heraclitus, this may have been that way, from their simple and obvious dedication to the Gods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: The question was posed to me: what is the opposite of the way of thinking known as philosophy?   Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Pezer wrote:
My answer is obedience. Philosophers from the Greeks till tomorrow have felt as absurdly superior to other people, they secretly felt there were much too many slaves, as Nietzsche said. Philosophers have held the silly secret that each human has the same capabilities.
Dogma/doctrine

Philosophy is the childhood of the intellect, and a culture that tries to skip it will never grow up."

"If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped."

Thomas Nagel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The question was posed to me: what is the opposite of the way of thinking known as philosophy?   

Back to top Go down

The question was posed to me: what is the opposite of the way of thinking known as philosophy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: