Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The non-conformist goal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

The non-conformist goal Empty
PostSubject: The non-conformist goal   The non-conformist goal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:23 pm

The non-conformist goal today must not, can not be to conquer those in The Matrix. This is the fault in the Wachowski bros. movie which made it christian, that those having been unplugged where simply (and futilely) slaving to unplug others. Their suffering is christian compassion, and Neo is an impossibly strong messiah who excuses their lack of strength.

The non-conformist goal must be to create safe-havens for all the things that bring us joy, the things which countered in the Matrix life are shut down by agents (which are in everybody still plugged in, you'll remember). Much like tha Animatrix short where they hack robots.

We have a bounty, boat loads of maps, clues and navigating equipment. We know so much, and the thing we know most is that we have the begennings to know much more, at least much further.

Human power escalates with collectivity, it requires it. This is what they use to blackmail the plugged-in-ers, whence they sneak so many of what US politicians call earmarks. We don't fuck with them, we build smart enough not to be fucked with by them, and eventually our shit is so good that they naturally evolve into us.

The challenge, then, is to approach this separation while acquiring and keeping and further acquiring means and power to do those things that bring us joy. Perhaps we can find spaces within spaces.

I'm thinking legislation, to legaly create orders of institutions that allow us to begin those spaces. An institution that is excempt from taxes for being legally obligated to be self-sustaining once built.

Any other ideas are also welcome.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

The non-conformist goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The non-conformist goal   The non-conformist goal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Perhaps legal institutions that aren't allowed to use money as part of the tax exemption thing.

It seems like it would work better, ironically, in some of the most oppressed countries: where the government gets its money straight from nationalized resources and isn't too over-zealous about taxes.
Back to top Go down

The non-conformist goal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Storm :: Ethics-
Jump to: