'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

There is another way

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: There is another way   Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:36 pm

...that is secret, so far quite unknown, or so it would seem. Regarding both thinking and even 'will', the subject-structure.

What is this way? So far we see only the shadow of it reaching to the tip of our perception, a shadow cast from the object that sits in our future, cast by the light of an even brighter, more distant future.

When we insert degrees of separation into the subject we create more subjectivity. The nature of the body is to fill in voids with substance, growing gravity, and while this works against the initial development of a self it works very well in favor of the development of higher degrees of substance of self-hood, once an identity exists.

With thought: To create new heuristics-patterns through which conception passes, a new law in the mind-body that regulates what is thought and spoken. The simultaneous existence of two thoughts/speakings at the same time, next to each other in causal linearity, one after the other. Two where there had been one. Ultimately this initial act of violence, of severe limitation and loss would grow a whole new kind of being, one with true self-awareness and self-power.

With will: To deny that which the will needs, without appeal to delusion and distraction; to fully affirm the will's desire, in completion, even to "tempt" it with itself, and then to deny it... on the basis of what? This "what?" is what calls into existence new and greater orders of tectonics in the self. One gives into temptation, one becomes an "addict" so that one may later reverse this process, thus creating directly inside the will another void, which the body immediately begins to fill in with new substance, to differentiate and to construct new gravities.

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Imafungi
bowstring
bowstring

PostSubject: Re: There is another way   Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:02 am

I dont really get what you mean at all. Are you saying that all potential (for humans at least, or consciousness) is contained in a realm of potential thoughts. Which is coupled to the immediate realm of physicality, and it is a struggle between these two realms, and within the realm of thought itself, the thinker and the thoughts, and what the thinker thinks of the thoughts etc. This is all there can ever be in a sense? Consciousness and information, open up this potential for all the things humans do from airplanes to basketball to the internet to music to books to skyscrapers to nuclear power plants to rockets to robots.

Without the actualization of the potential, its kind of the bliss of ignorance. All that could have existed for eternities were simple animals with simple thoughts, who are born and seek food and sex, and have relationships with themselves and the environment and their family and others. But because of time and energy, humans now exist and all the things humans do and can do, and because of the nature of consciousness and thought, the power is in their hands and minds, to shape themselves and their environment into however they can, the only rule being; suffer the consequences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: There is another way   Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:13 am

The general point that comes to rise with VO is that the concept "human" is no longer sufficient to understand the philosopher, his challenges, possible roads he may take.

The human mind is not a coherent structure, but this is not a fatum - there are several ways to approach a more coherent state. All of these involve the mind observing itself and cultivating identity within itself. The identity of a mind is not the same as the identity of a person.

Disclosing the identity of a mind is literally a dis-closing, a pulling-apart of limits, allowing processes of a more pure nature than what religious dogma, scientific dogma and fear of responsibility have so far allowed.

View user profile
Imafungi
bowstring
bowstring

PostSubject: Re: There is another way   Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
The general point that comes to rise with VO is that the concept "human" is no longer sufficient to understand the philosopher, his challenges,  possible roads he may take.

The human mind is not a coherent structure, but this is not a fatum - there are several ways to approach a more coherent state. All of these involve the mind observing itself and cultivating identity within itself. The identity of a mind is not the same as the identity of a person.

Disclosing the identity of a mind is literally a dis-closing, a pulling-apart of limits, allowing processes of a more pure nature than what religious dogma, scientific dogma and fear of responsibility have so far allowed.

I still dont really follow. The identity of the mind is not the same as the identity of a person, how so? So what is the role, or value of the philosopher, and their mind? What is the greatest thing a philosopher can hope to achieve, what is the goal of the philosophizing mind? What would have to occur for Philosophy to be sufficient? When is a minds work finished, is there succeeding or winning? It can perhaps be said if humanity/society is a body, philosophy is its self/ego/consciousness. What if all the living humans only worked providing necessities, food, clothing, water, shelter, and in the free time, the only activity people partook in was philosophy. From that perspective of train of thought it would appear to me that philosophy alone is a form of stagnant masturbation, that to think is equal to not to think, knowledge for knowledge sake is equal to no knowledge, for objectively, their actions (in that society) would be that of ancient and simple humans, that of the Amish, that of slightly advanced animals. Which begs the question, what is the value of the different potential societies, how to value them, nonstop gung ho progress, versus acceptance and contentment with the current status quo with no need to change. Scientific progress is the attempt to constantly escape the current, the moment, the contentment, it wants better and more, and faster and better and more, and easier, and more complex, and that also has its valid arguments of value. It offers perspectives and experiences that could never been achieved otherwise, it offers novelty, it offers quality. Just rambling rant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is another way   

Back to top Go down

There is another way
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: