'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Evropa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Evropa   Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:16 pm

I read recently in Wikipedia that Europe might have originated as a term for "wideness" in indo-european culture. I instantly knew it to be true: europe, europa, the wideness and widening world that started in what I think of as the pussy of the human world, that place between Europe, Asia, India and Africa. Europe.

This is the proper historical way to identify with Europe, even as a "non-European," for the concept of wideness and widening of world are like Allah: quite suceptible to proselytizing. Unlike Allah, Europe is at the command of those who widen, only the strong are proselytized.

How are we to widen today? To eneurope? Is it still the desperate killing spree of our cornered fore-runners? Cornered by barbarians, ennarrowers, and their own inexpertice?

A soldier says to another in a trench: "if you could do anything, with more power than God, what would you do?" Today's answer is often a result of shell shock and battle fatigue: "wipe out even the history of our enemy and this war."

Evropa
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: