'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

value ontology as science

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: value ontology as science   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:39 pm

"Objects" are removed: what remains is interference of valuing perspectives - interference of values.

View user profile Online
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: value ontology as science   Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:22 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
"Objects" are removed: what remains is interference of valuing perspectives - interference of values.

Actual discrepancies then (incomplete overlap) between the possibilities for various valuing potentialities?

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful

#Odinwar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
without-music
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: value ontology as science   Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:53 am

"On the Doctrine of Poisons":

So many things have to come together for scientific thinking to originate; and all these necessary strengths had to be invented, practiced, and cultivated separately. As long as they were still separate, however, they frequently had an altogether different effect than they do now that they are integrated into scientific thinking and hold each other in check. Their effect was that of poisons; for example, that of the impulse to doubt, to negate, to wait, to collect, to dissolve. Many hecatombs of human beings were sacrificed before these impulses learned to comprehend their coexistence and to feel that they were all functions of one organizing force within one human being. And even now the time seems remote when artistic energies and the practical wisdom of life will join with scientific thinking to form a higher organic system in relation to which scholars, physicians, artists, and legislators—as we know them at present—would have to look like paltry relics of ancient times.
[Nietzsche, GS 113]

This passage has finally found its proper home.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: value ontology as science   

Back to top Go down

value ontology as science
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: