'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Time Under Being

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Time Under Being   Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:18 am

I have discovered the entrance to time in value ontology. The fourth dimension is defined in terms of a lifespan. Not only is the entity a self-valuing in its momentary actuality, but so is the whole of the life. The self-valuings progression through time in the form of all the cycles implicit in the concept of "a life" is also a self-valuing.

As the entity determines space and substance in terms of its structural requirements, so the life determines time in terms of its structural requirements.

Time does thus not exist linearly. It is defined entirely relative to not only the perspective, but the transition of the perspective from nothing to nothing (time-less to time-less). The lifespan is built not of objective exterior time-progression but of interior cycle-relationships. "Winter, spring, summer, fall" and "growing, maturing, dying" but also, and most significantly, "sleeping and waking".

Time is measured in terms of the structural requirements, and then in terms of the perspectives perspectival environment. Time is relative to the multiplicity of states of a perspective, which in turn stands relative to everything else within the same structural paradigm, thus, everything else that is comprising a structure of phases.

Thus the Soul is born in reason.

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Time Under Being   Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:01 pm

I agree, this is how I have come to understand time. Entities, living or not, are systems composed of varying grouped intervals of causal frames, domains in which effects manifest. Every new molecular relation, atomic bonding, cellular development, organic connection must create new kinds of time-experience. Take the human body and if you could add up all of these combinations of causality, distances between causes and effects and the becoming-substantial and important of these distances, you would arrive at the human subjective experience of consciousness, which takes place in a kind of created time-awareness that is both implicit (it is of consciousness) and also explicit (it is to consciousness).

Basically, the more substance and change, the more "time". Self-valuings which forms comprise the greatest amount of internal substance-change will experience the widest kind of time, time that can move within fleeting moments or within vast distances of universal comprehension.

"Thus the Soul is born in reason", I think this is an excellent way to put it.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." -Parodites

"Was it necessary for the sense of truth that Nietzsche described as developed by the Judeo-Christian tradition that then manifested itself in the scientific methodology to turn against the symbolic foundation of that structure and demolish it... Jung's answer was that the conflict between science and religion is a consequence of the immature state of both of those domains of thinking... it's just that we aren't good enough at being religious or at being scientific to see how they might be reconciled." -Jordan Peterson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Time Under Being   Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:06 am

What this means to me is that the time-span, the whole temporal structure of the life can be understood as already existent at the moment of birth. Since some time I've abandoned the idea of linear causality, the idea that time progresses second after second, and that the future is constantly renewed present moving to an ever darkened horizon. No - given the sheer uninterruptedness of cosmic interactions, the web of causality has manifested itself already in the future, not just in the paths and lifespans of stars and galaxies. The future operates on our lives as much as the past. It is a machine, a matrix.

What value ontology does is truly radical, as it gives birth to a new causal relation within this web-matrix. VO tells the same story as all the enlightened mystics did, but this time it grounds it in logic, which means that the story can actually be unfolded. We can see now that progression is not in becoming greater or lesser, or in any other way truly different, that this is in fact impossible, that we are embedded in the circumstances that determine us - but that progression is in consciously attaining to what we are. Even Nietzsche commanded "become who you are" - but even his command was a mystical one. Value ontology is not mystical, it comprises the previously existent mystical commands in a true formula. And only though this logic can man, on a historical level, actually become himself. The command itself does nothing if we can not technically see what this "self" means.

As soon as man gives up the idea that he can change the course of destiny, of political reality, by "becoming engaged in politics", and embraces the idea that he must politicize himself within himself, become fixed in relation to himself, become Mind (fixed) in relation to his Being (flux) then this "becoming what he is" occurs, and what occurs is an intensification of the flux.

Flux(-mind) relating to flux(-physics) is a drab, a dull sludge. Fixed-mind related to flux-physics is a continuing explosion, geiser-like situation. If man can heed the true principle of his being (self-valuing) consistency, his power transforms from that of a dog-sled to a combustion engine.

So where is the hindrance? Why does this not happen yet?
Well it has begun, in the modest way that we have started our project here, and continued it, relaxed but relentlessly. But, implicit in the reality of VO itself is that such an act of becoming-fixed requires justification. One can not self-value in such a radical way if one is not able to see the results. And to see the results in regular society means to see so much trouble and ugliness, be confronted with so much weakness and sludge like resistance, that we would have to become very aggressive, and probably perish in the process of setting even the first step. The becoming-self has to be done subtly, and as we communicate on the internet, safely, attracting only those who are ready, we gradually learn of opportunities and methods.

The war we are immersed in is one of billions of years. It is the war between the cause and its effects. A turning point has been made possible, the cause may get the upper hand. But man this is daunting.

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Time Under Being   Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:30 am

All proper mystical religions and political doctrines (especially Marxism) give the self-valuing an opportunity to self-value in stronger terms, to become more of what it is, to become more powerfully rooted, more fixed. But, given that all such theories rely on a category, in which the new-born perspective is grounded (muslim, christian, proletarian, etc), a category from which their new self-justification derives, all such theories eventually amount to the same sludge - the individual perishes in favor of the category. All his extra powerful efforts become reduced to the power of a category, which can be utilized by anyone who has the wits to manipulate the internal dialogue of the subject.

This is the danger in all objectification of will to power. By its very objectification, it is neutralized in the one who "understands" its objectivity. It's why a Nietzschean will never rise to power.

Value ontology does not say: "and you are also nothing but this will to power".
It makes no definitive statements. It says things like: You are possible, more possible than you think.
Precisely by leaving the grand-ultimate of the self undefinable, yet enabling the modeling of the effects and causality of this self to great exactitude, the self is actually empowered.

Defining someone means: owning him.
All previous philosophies have tried and managed to own their understanders.

Value ontology's only claim is that the one who understands it is truly unclaimable.

View user profile
Imafungi
bowstring
bowstring

PostSubject: Re: Time Under Being   Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:45 am

Am I incorrect in getting the sensation that you are evoking determinism? Or at least a lesser amount of freewill then we believe or have previously thought?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time Under Being   

Back to top Go down

Time Under Being
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: