Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Hate My View

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

I Hate My View Empty
PostSubject: I Hate My View   I Hate My View Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:15 pm

I hate that if I look out the window, I see about two hundred other windows.
I hate that I feel like drawing the curtains when it's dark, because my desk faces outside.
I want my desk to face hillsides, an ocean, a valley, or Central Park -

This city is so tiny. Most cities are so tiny.

The best view I've ever had was on the 33rd floor of a Lower Manhattan apartment facing south.
The second best view was from a bedroom I once had, a balcony window from a villa on a slight hill in Tuscany.

I'm thinking what else. Mostly crammed-in city. I don't even want to think about how much this has influenced my attitude.

No, wait - my child room - it was in a street facing the other side of that street, but it was on top of the house, above the houses opposite. But I always had my curtain drawn! The sun came in too brightly, I could not watch tv, play my nintendo, later edit my movies.

But then in summer I was outside most of the time. My game was my view.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

I Hate My View Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Hate My View   I Hate My View Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:55 pm

I Hate My View OZhXLA4
Back to top Go down

I Hate My View
Page 1 of 1