'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

ILP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: ILP   Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I see no value there at all. Literally zero.

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: ILP   Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Capable wrote:
I see no value there at all. Literally zero.
And that is your perception. Value is like beauty - it is in the eyes of the beholder.
Some value Puccini as beauty and value - some value a mathematical equation as such.
Our perception of value rests within our senses and our experiences and our beliefs.

For you to say the above must be de-valuing, in your own eyes, at the very least, everything which you have ever thought and written down in ilp.
And would you do that - even as a form of detachment? Or are you practicing nihilism? Laughing 

Philosophy is the childhood of the intellect, and a culture that tries to skip it will never grow up."

"If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped."

Thomas Nagel
Back to top Go down
View user profile

ILP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Seeds :: Earth-
Jump to: