'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Marginal Cost and Utility

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Marginal Cost and Utility   Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:51 pm

What are they precisely?

Marginal cost is the cost it takes to produce an extra unit.
Marginal utility is the value of an extra unit.

But extra with respect to what?

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Marginal Cost and Utility   Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:39 pm

I think "extra" only means "one more".

So you have a system that can produce 100 X's in time t at total cost of c. The marginal cost would be the increases in t and c if you were to produce 101 X's instead of 100. The marginal utility would be the extra value or profit of the 101st X, minus those increases in t and c.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." --Parodites

"Between this sky and the faces turned toward it there is nothing on which to hang a mythology, a literature, an ethic, or a religion—only stones, flesh, stars, and those truths the hand can touch." --Camus

"It is a tedious thing to be always beginning life; they live badly who always begin to live." --Seneca

"I kick ass, all these other humans suck balls." --Inmendham
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Marginal Cost and Utility
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: The World-
Jump to: