'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Shaolin Kung Fu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Shaolin Kung Fu   Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:59 am

A post intended for the forum Academy of Excellence founded by a boxer and lover of martial arts, but which was refused because I am not yet a member for 7 days. I will post it there next week. I think that forum deserves attention; it seems to be built with admirable intentions.

The main benefit of Shaolin Kung Fu is, I would say, the increase of vitality, powers of concentration, and a greater depth of clarity. These improvements lead to a much enhanced sense of well being as well as greater powers to detect danger and neutralize it.

I will post a particularly powerful form of Shaolin Kung Fu taken from one of the works of Wong Kiew Kit (cover) I hope he won't mind that I've scanned some of the most precious pages of his book. This site, the Academy of Excellence, appears to me to be a worthy host to such powerful teaching.

The secret to the power of this particular set is that it activates all body's main organs, or in other terms, brings together the 'five elements' in alchemical reaction (cause 'gold' into being); in simple terms, to bring the body in  a state of heightened equilibrium. (and as we know equilibrium either exists as a heightened state, or as death) We need to do away with the silly notion that these sometimes theatrical seeming moves are meant to intimidate the opponent, imitate some animal. They are designed to open up specific meridians, or energy paths, the vessels of chi, whereby the organs are connected and the body, as a 'web of vitality', is defined.

Enough theory. On to practice!

I will respect Kits program and first post up the Preliminary Exercises.

Now on to the actual Kung Fu set.

I have scanned some other pages containing exercises for the cultivation of free-lowing (self-directed) energy and for developing the type of concentration that eventually amounts in Nirvana - I think it is however best to not share these treasures all at once. They see quite simple, but are radically effective. As someone who has practices both Chi Kung and Yoga very intensively (a regime of six hours a day was normal to me) I can say that the effectiveness of Yoga pales in comparison to Chi Kung. I believe this to be because Chi Kung, especially when it is understood to include Kung Fu, cultivates both exerting-power ("masculine", yang) and receptive open-ness ("feminine", yin), and yoga only cultivates open-ness in the physical form - it's yang element is wholly in the mind. It is thus fundamentally substance-dualist, whereas Chi Kung integrates the final Yoga ("Union") into the physical here and now. For that to work, the Man must learn to be "still in motion". Execute these forms to perfection and you will be in a bliss that befriends all creatures, from the grasshopper below your feet to the stars above your head.

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Getting this
https://www.amazon.ca/Art-Shaolin-Kung-Self-Defense-Enlightenment/dp/0804834393
Cant wait.
Its not about selfdefense anymore for me, I have too many ways of killing someone, but about the art. This is Taoism for me.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:10 am

Not suggesting that I am qualified to critique such things but I think the above scanned pages are excellent.

And yes, Kung Fu is primarily defensive. To neutralize any opponent.

My first tour of duty in Korea was with a special unit that was about half American and half Korean. The Koreans were a special unit specifically for this special unit. They were members of the Korean Tiger Division.

Every morning before we Americans were waking up the Koreans were outside doing physical training, almost entirely centered around Taekwondo.

And they were so damn good!!!

The Tiger Division served in Vietnam, thankfully on our side. They took no prisoners. But US politics prevented them from doing what they could do best.

But I agree with you, once we know how to defend our self (and others) the practices become an art. We don't need to be killing a bunch of people just to prove we can.

I'm too old to be efficient any more so I bought a 20 gauge pistol grip shotgun. I call it my equalizer. It stays at home.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Yes, I think that man who made that book is truly what one may call a Master. Very clean.

The first martial art I tried beyond childhood was Tae Kwon Do. It's so beautiful!

My hips arent made for it though. I actually sustained a pretty taxing injury to lower spine on account of too much high kicking metal fences, which I then tried to get treatment for with 20 physical therapists, bonetwisters, acupuncturists, what not - until two years down the line I did one trial lesson Wing Chun, and its bow-and-arrow kick technique resolved the whole thing in 30 minutes. Bizarre. Of course the muscles were still acidic and the nerves raw, but the skeleton was back in shape.

Tae Kwon Do, and my instructor, will always have my profound respect.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:

Tae Kwon Do, and my instructor, will always have my profound respect.

Yes, it is san art for when work has to be done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:01 pm

I'd certainly like to see these military guys in action. My teacher was a black man who was extremely powerful of spirit, he could channel everything into it, and Ive rarely seen a more enjoyable pride in a teacher. A teachers pride has a very heartwarming and even endearing effect on me. I feel such a person is one of the few rare ones who has found a way to be merciful on his spirit by being disciplined to his body, or his timebody, as I like to call it. We become one with a set of basic movement, not just with our limbs and the happenstance patterns we hone into them. These noble arts bring consciousness to the body that words can not - a set of kung fu or tae kwo do is like a poem one lives by, but for the spine, rather than the brain.

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:25 pm

My honored Wing Chun sifu Sergio Iadarola is explaining here the basic principles of attack and defense according to the triangle principle.

The Tae Kwon Do master opened with a triangular mudra pointed outfward from the Plexus, one might see the awareness of this range of force the all seeing eye, it is certainly related to the state of one pointed zen that Wong Kiew Kit explains.

"Only when your eye becomes single, you shall enter"

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Yes, Sergio is tall enough and has long enough arms to utilize that technique effectively. Probably wouldn't work well for a shorter person.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=korean+tiger+division+tae+kwon+do+training&view=detail&mid=D8EB129443F02206E1ECD8EB129443F02206E1EC&FORM=VIRE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:23 pm

.. and you have to be Korean to do that.

Like Mongolia, also between two enormous powers of vastly different nature, Korea is a supercompressed hypoerconcentrated selfvaluing. Their sheer intensity allows them a great future, if at one point Eisenhowers work can be fulfilled, and Korea can be united as a first rate Asiatic society, at the border of China, which really must begin to move toward a bit of selfrespect. Despite Xi 's far more distinct human personality compared to his deeply unfathomable predecessor, I dont think they are yet aware of what it means to be descendant of the Yellow Emperor. They aren't projecting themselves with enough pride. This is all still very ox and rabbit like, China. Neither Tiger nor Dragon have been attained, let alone Horse, or Ape!

At this point their cultural game is this level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXWorR0Dlgw

Japan does everything in Great Style. Hence their culture can be transposed onto other peoples without losing excellence.

This man has the gift.

At 3:30 I stopped in awe to post it, he starts to solve problems one man with a gun would fall prey to.

the knowledge of power comes in forms-in-time. Engines, procedures, sleep-wake, etc. These forms of dance or combat have two laws; gravity and the spiral.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:32 am

Yeah, I have spoke with a few Koreans recently and they really aren't ready for the reunification of the North and South saying that right now the North is too screwed up and reunification would totally ruin the economy of the South.

China is still working on its internal problems. Sure, it is an economic power but it still lacks the stability to take a leadership position in world politics.

Interesting the Aikido demonstration was from a totally defensive posture. Aikido is generally viewed as an aggressive martial art similar to Tae Kwon Do.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:00 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
.. and you have to be Korean to do that.

Like Mongolia, also between two enormous powers of vastly different nature, Korea is a supercompressed hypoerconcentrated selfvaluing. Their sheer intensity allows them a great future, if at one point Eisenhowers work can be fulfilled, and Korea can be united as a first rate Asiatic society, at the border of China, which really must begin to move toward a bit of selfrespect. Despite Xi 's far more distinct human personality compared to his deeply unfathomable predecessor, I dont think they are yet aware of what it means to be descendant of the Yellow Emperor. They aren't projecting themselves with enough pride. This is all still very ox and rabbit like, China. Neither Tiger nor Dragon have been attained, let alone Horse, or Ape!

At this point their cultural game is this level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXWorR0Dlgw

Japan does everything in Great Style. Hence their culture can be transposed onto other peoples without losing excellence.

This man has the gift.

At 3:30 I stopped in awe to post it, he starts to solve problems one man with a gun would fall prey to.

the knowledge of power comes in forms-in-time. Engines, procedures, sleep-wake, etc. These forms of dance or combat have two laws; gravity and the spiral.

Not to comment on most of this video, but at 4:04 it looks fake. He flips three of them over at once, and if you watch the other three it looks like they are just jumping and flipping themselves. This is especially apparent with the guy on the far right.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." --Parodites

"Between this sky and the faces turned toward it there is nothing on which to hang a mythology, a literature, an ethic, or a religion—only stones, flesh, stars, and those truths the hand can touch." --Camus

"It is a tedious thing to be always beginning life; they live badly who always begin to live." --Seneca

"I kick ass, all these other humans suck balls." --Inmendham
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:45 am

All or most martial art combat demonstrations are fake, or choreographed, otherwise for most it would be the only demonstration they would ever do... unfortunately this makes for only semi interesting video, Ill admit.
it is usually very apparent, and all we can so is judge the technique and prowess of the fighters -
I can tell from his technique that this man is properly good, but indeed such a demo gives no direct knowledge of power, just indication. It could be the man is a coward where it concerns life and death, and in that case he would lose much of his skill when it comes down to it.

S -The Aikido fighters motto is to use the adversary's power and direction against him.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:

S -The Aikido fighters motto is to use the adversary's power and direction against him.

Yeah, sometimes I mix up my Yin and Yang.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:25 pm

It's good to know they are staging the performance. I would much rather watch a real fight, though. That would be fucking intense.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." --Parodites

"Between this sky and the faces turned toward it there is nothing on which to hang a mythology, a literature, an ethic, or a religion—only stones, flesh, stars, and those truths the hand can touch." --Camus

"It is a tedious thing to be always beginning life; they live badly who always begin to live." --Seneca

"I kick ass, all these other humans suck balls." --Inmendham
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Most of the MMA matches are real.

There are some of those guys (and gals) you really wouldn't want to be around when they are being real.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:43 am

Yes, MMA is real, but thats not martial art to my mind, just ramming and breaking bones. No philosophy, no style, no point.

My second kung fu teacher shifted to MMA. As a consequence he now spends his days rolling in a puddle of his own sweat. It's disgraceful.

In that teachers school, I struck the boxing sack out of the ceiling with a few blows, and I rammed his gloves to shreds, literally. The biggest blackest dude there refused to spar with me on account of it hurting him.

I tended to work my fist all bloody on the sandbags. I do fist pushups on frozen gravel to relax.

Ive developed my punches for nearly 20 years. I can easily kill someone with it, given an opening.

Not given an opening,  I use systema.

Systema teaches also to receive.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 pm

I do agree, little Martial Arts philosophy in MMA. Although some do give a peek once in a while. I really don't watch it much as I feel it is too brutal.

Yes, I can understand that if a person has sparred with you before and you hurt them they wouldn't want to spar with you any more.

I'm too old for any of it now except for my two-sword Tai Chi and I do that when no one is around or in the house. When I first started out I killed a lamp shade. Awareness! Awareness! Awareness!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:18 am

I fucking hate it when lampshades get in the way.
It is they who should be aware.

My current one has a hole in it. Guess how.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:38 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:46 pm

I am strengthened also. It is best to be strict with them.

https://youtu.be/a1CCup5QRJw?t=9m57s

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:00 am

Life in the big city. I'm glad I don't go there any more.

But yes, I went, I saw, then I ran away. Not worth conquering.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaolin Kung Fu   

Back to top Go down

Shaolin Kung Fu
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Seeds :: Earth-
Jump to: