Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Automorphism.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do you agree that automorphism is integral to Value Philosophy?
Yes, I do.
Automorphism. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap75%Automorphism. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No, I don't.
Automorphism. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Automorphism. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
I'm not sure.
Automorphism. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Automorphism. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Automorphism. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automorphism.   Automorphism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 8:58 pm

I don't particularly think much of evolution, but that's because by that term I associate mostly natural selection in its any forms. For me, facts and ideas are far more important and interesting because they speak better to the actual reality, to a proper ontology; we can either ascend or descend in our thought, we are points in a continuum and can move up or down. What are the gradations of that continuum? They are to what extent does our thought (and by association our consciousness, our sentiment, our actions, "who we are" in every possible sense of what that can mean) reflect a greater reality and universal, to what extent do we orient our governing elements and laws upward toward larger more significant living or downward toward lesser, more myopic, closed and banal living.

The understanding of natural selection is one of the greatest achievements of modern man, don't get me wrong. But it's sort of like a bunch of cavemen standing around for years admiring their first wheel, rather than actually building more wheels and then putting them to a cart to make something greater, to keep going in their ideas.

In terms of evolution in a broader sense as flux and progressive change, this is also good but not the larger reality either, much less a simple-reified symbolic conception of that same idea such as 'will to power', these may act as very useful psychological or philosophical grounds and utilities but therefore by definition those utilities and such speak to a greater reality beyond the principle itself.

Psyche-- this is the way inward now. Instead of the vicious circle of "being is becoming is being is becoming is..." we can supplant this in the larger idea, as sum, by objectifying and abstracting the circular-complete notion its power to find the points of deeper tectonics. Anyway that's what I'm interested and what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Automorphism. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automorphism.   Automorphism. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Here is my new favorite duality; law and will.

Law is the will of the world of wills.
It contradicts all individual wills. Especially the ones who try to make it their own. The reason being that will is change, but law is fixed.

Thus law is not will, thus the world has no will, but laws. And laws and will are no friends.

Freud; Repression of the enmity of law and will. The presentation of law as will as neurosis.
Back to top Go down

Automorphism.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2