'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hipster Politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Hipster Politics   Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Why doesn't this exist yet? Damn commies inserting themselves everywhere.

Putting aside our hate, what is the overriding factor in hipsterism is good taste in flaunting disrespect of old values while working with old substance.

Good taste... This principle hasn't been applied to politics.

Style without pezzaz. What better fitting for public office? For taking the public office out politics?

I think this is the form.

Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:54 pm

In America at least there is no such thing anymore as politics. It's 99% within the fold, now; no externals allowed. Which of course means everyone but 'the system, you and me and almost everyone else.

Hipsters might somewhat justify this new reality, in their strange blend of the pseudo-political with non-political life.. unconscious currents..

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." -Parodites

"Was it necessary for the sense of truth that Nietzsche described as developed by the Judeo-Christian tradition that then manifested itself in the scientific methodology to turn against the symbolic foundation of that structure and demolish it... Jung's answer was that the conflict between science and religion is a consequence of the immature state of both of those domains of thinking... it's just that we aren't good enough at being religious or at being scientific to see how they might be reconciled." -Jordan Peterson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:01 pm

A hipster revolution would be something I absolutely would love to watch. A step up from what quebecors call a silent revolution.

Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:04 pm

And please, I don't mean stuck-up, fake eyeglass-wearing fucks. I mean the strong ones.

Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Pezer wrote:
Why doesn't this exist yet? Damn commies inserting themselves everywhere.

As the sun went down and I was drinking coffee looking out over the bridge which was opening and closing all the time and stopping rush hour traffic, I read an article about this new kid in our parliament, a kid by the name of Jesse Klaver. I think he relates to your intuition. He has as much style as can be expected from a dutch politician, but he bears the temperamental and intellectual marks of a hipster.

This boy is an actual leader of the Green Left party in Holland with 11 out of 150 (projected) seats, up from 4 when they had an adult.

He says here that he is kind of scared, because right then when they asked who thought that 'we' can change politics, he was the only one wh raised his hand.

He's just a kid and he is basically telling people to grow up.

Groen Links is the party that came out of the hardline Communist party, of which my grandpa was one of the two front men (the one who was not a conniving Stalinist wolf). It was castrated, that was the first sense you got - the color changed from red to green and the blood had been drained out a while ago - this was the eighties, or early nineties. I can't remember if it was after or before the wall an the empire came down... anyway; a period followed where Green Left represented wealthy women with bakfietsen.

Even presently this women rule the party, but they seem to like this kid. Good for them. Our country may at one time opt for a Minoan society.

Quote :
Putting aside our hate, what is the overriding factor in hipsterism is good taste in flaunting disrespect of old values while working with old substance.

Good taste... This principle hasn't been applied to politics.

Style without pezzaz. What better fitting for public office? For taking the public office out politics?

I think this is the form.

Maybe this is the start of something "quite cool", as Gandalf says of the ring, before he drops it in Frodos hand.

View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:44 pm

What's terrifying about it is that... Well, everything.

Maybe Gandalf is minister of education. I don't know, the crux of it is that good taste has to demolish old forms. I see a real risk here of old forms simply shifting.

I saw a report recently about a Mexican hipster opening up restaurants in Berlin. So aloof and so hyperfocused in his ambitions. He showed a cocktail for rich people where it was simply a poor man's drink with expensive ingredients and an added good taste ingredient (a tomato drink, the added ingredient was an oyster on top).

Can a hipster party that is not originaly a hipster party have this aloofness? This complete I don't give a fuck what anybody thinks? This "I'm not a hipster, I just thought this would work?"

Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Ultimately and importantly also an understanding that, even though the label is denied (or this as a part of that), the hipster has a sense of tribe?

The state cannot ultimately fall if the last leaders don't have a strong identity.

Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:41 pm

Hipsters-as-such don't represent beyond representation itself. They live out their own being-as-sign. Politicians are per definition representers, watered down versions of truths, watered down so that they become palpable; and if they don't know this they are liars. You have to compromise a bit here and accept that Hobbits have very modest ideas of style, but nonetheless are teh ones most resembling the good natured myopic hip-stern.

Did you know the original Gandalf was a Dvergr?

Well I'm sure he too was Gandalf Gandalfson, but for the record anyway.

The funny thing is I didn't realize how much he looked like Frodo until I quoted that bit from the Ring. It's one of y favorite three bits in the film.

"It's quite cool."

The other part is "You're supposed to stick it in the ground!" "It was your idea!".

That was a real moment, if I remember correctly from the Making Of; a lot of the best scenes in even the most expensive films are improvised. You can't beat the fact that freedom lives in the excess, which is that 'magical moment' akin to both say and night, gold and purple skies. Americans know to look for magic in excess;  they know to look for magic and are thus excessive.

AND FAITH WAS BORN

View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:51 pm

OK, I'm just going to say this because Pluto and Chiron and whatever.

Can we be hipsters?

Not Capable. He would be Gandalf. The hipster behind the hipsters.

In the future. Good theory in place. Education is one piece, form is another.

Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:09 am

One of my two best friends always says that whatever I do I am always "hip", in how I dress and have (not take care of) my hair and all. Even if I have no hair. So yes, I think we can, in theory; perhaps it is even the necessary form.

And forget that Frodo guy.

I do still like the Bakfiets/flight of the Valkyries picture joke though.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hipster Politics   

Back to top Go down

Hipster Politics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: The World-
Jump to: