'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:44 am

Do we ever ask from where our concepts come? Many concepts come from other concepts as their derivatives, but what about the more primary, categorical ones?

In a way, philosophers must use categorical ideas unquestioningly, since these ideas are usually the philosopher's toolkit.

Much like the world also, it may turn out that we don't know much at all about the reality of these concepts and ideas. We know their image and we know how we use them; also we can get to know complex interdynamics between ideas and ideas, or between ideas and our experiences - these two manners of interaction comprise "philosophy". But what about the ideas and concepts themselves? Where is our courage to go beyond our thus far utility?

To a carpenter, a hammer is only an instrument, a simple tool to be properly taken for granted so long as it continues to function within the parameters of his expectation. Not so with an idea, but often philosophers use ideas as carpenters use hammers.. building our little houses. I think in 99% of cases philosophy is used by philosophers who have no real use for... philosophy. I think most philosophers, secretly to themselves and in their heart, wish they could be carpenters.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." -Parodites

"Was it necessary for the sense of truth that Nietzsche described as developed by the Judeo-Christian tradition that then manifested itself in the scientific methodology to turn against the symbolic foundation of that structure and demolish it... Jung's answer was that the conflict between science and religion is a consequence of the immature state of both of those domains of thinking... it's just that we aren't good enough at being religious or at being scientific to see how they might be reconciled." -Jordan Peterson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:07 pm

What do I know?

The answer is fuller now than 3000 years ago. Philosophers have acted as if outside time, as if each concept is rediscovered anew. Such blind ambition... Truth now is not what it was. Maybe some are obsolete.

In any case, much as it wants to, philosophy cannot operate outside of time.

What is power? It was invented as a description. Will to pwer? Power isn't even exactly a component. In spanish, power is conjugated as can. I power move this chair. Power I go to my friend's house?

I understand the concept of depth, but not outside of time. This is why health is such a challenge. Is a man whose bodily organs don't critically fail healthy? A big rabbit here.

Each concept is not designed from zero, but measured up to reality. It is not born as a hammer is born, with purpose in mind. Would you like a language like that? Wherefore? Why wouldn't anybody else use it?

Liberty in language is owning the fact that it can only name reality, never be it. This handicap, understood itself, can be overcome only once idealism is overcome. A topus uranus chair? I get that there is no ideal beyond-life, but what is the use of the reification? Language, if anything, determines the limits of wisdom. Maybe chair is done, but what isn't? What can be exploded into a useful metaphor yet? What concepts haven't understood themselves (as they measure to reality) yet? If language will not move, it may be because it has too many questions about itself. And only will it change when a method is developped by which their importance and theur being is discovered in their correlation. Perhaps it is wise of the philosopher to understand the need behind the genesis of words, of concepts.

Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:13 pm

It's the reason I never felt much kinship with the whole criticism of Kant, he really dug for the depths.

Nice observation on the concept of power. And yeah, everything is measured up again reality.. everything is some reality measuring against some other reality. One can homogenize thereby either above or below oneself. I suppose my point is to really push for us to homogenize upward.

We need courage.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." -Parodites

"Was it necessary for the sense of truth that Nietzsche described as developed by the Judeo-Christian tradition that then manifested itself in the scientific methodology to turn against the symbolic foundation of that structure and demolish it... Jung's answer was that the conflict between science and religion is a consequence of the immature state of both of those domains of thinking... it's just that we aren't good enough at being religious or at being scientific to see how they might be reconciled." -Jordan Peterson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Kant dug maddly in any direction.

This is what bothers me about modern philosophy wanting to act like Nietzsche never happened. Didn't he motherfucking dig? Upwards? Only to find it was downwards?

How can any serious love for wisdom not begin from him? What is it that you want? We live in the dirt as animals, and this is heaven of heavens.

What about the concept of error? What about affirmativism? To turn a blind eye to nothing?

If you have an idea so mind blowing it can make me forget that I want to slap destiny around so that us animals can actually apreciate what love of wisdom can do, I'm open. So far, I have seen incalculable waste and ambition precicely to the least acknowledging instincts of the fact that we will all die.

Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:00 pm

I love death, and I love dirt, because when I assume my mortality most is when I see the most. When detail is most: detail is the importance upon mortality. Generalism denies life, subtracts detail.

Except when it gives life potential. Something really big and tasty to turn back into detail and importance to mortality.

My biggest concepts have always been bull's eyes to me, huge feasts I prepare for myself.

Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:09 pm

"I have BEEEEN uUp on the mountain toP!" (Black evangelist-like)

Why is Kant appealing? Fuck knows. Why is Deleuze appealing? He offers no less than 1000 plateaus.

Health.

Kant is appealing because he makes a simple question of thought operation seem like he developped an equation for wisdom itself: and wisdom promises infinite plateaus.

Need promises to select only those plateaus that will make you trip the most. After all.. What, 70, 90 years if you're lucky?

Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:21 am

Nietzsche was the first philosopher. Kant and those before him were preparing the way, slowly and unconsciously building toward something that Nietzsche would finally take upon himself, realize, and apply to the world. Yes philosophy begins with him, although the many good thinkers who came before him are also good to read as well, they can give us much insight, passion, hope. It's fascinating to see a mind slowly building itself across human history.

Nietzsche was the eventual spark that lit up in that mind, a historical accumulation of brush that was inevitable to explode into power, into real fucking life. Into consciousness, finally inverting so much unconscious slow gradual accumulation and half-real. But what Kant represents to Nietzsche, is even more than what Nietzsche represents to us, since we can climb so much further. The categories have changed, the rules are different. It wasn't possible for Nietzsche to see truth, he only must see the truth inside the unconscious history before him, which was his fate to reveal and set aflame.

This comes back around to advertising and what I wrote in my wrap-up post in that Pentad cycle. If we're here to advertise ourselves that a shame. This is far beyond any "tripping" on our own strength for this or that, truth doesn't lie in your muscles nor in the bleeding of your eyes, nor in getting lost in one hyper-realized variance of the semi-conscious animal pathology aspiring to some semblance of holism. This is my point with this topic, we don't even know what it means, these things we attempt, these little shards of ego we polish and throw around like we're so great. Building our little houses, like I said- edified animality, doubling down on what we ought to be cultivating the depths to leave behind. Because the trick is that you can't leave it behind, but the capability to see beyond it provokes new worlds into being, leads to the negative depths of truth, which are quickly beyond language's power to express well, at least my ability with language anyway. The endless negative depths spin returning existence positively into existence for everything else, even if that depth itself remains inexpressible; as Nietzsche said we should not be ashamed to be speechless before our highest value, and if we do try go speak there not ashamed that we must stutter the attempt.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:28 pm

If we are here to advertise anything it is the mind to itself. It is to remind ourselves of ourselves, this is self-valuing, and we have five instead of one thinker to keep the memory alive, the flame burning. But of course this is primarily to give, an altar to place our best fruits, not for the gods but for Philosophy, which is our pride and joy. It is juicy and visceral, and a man like Nietzsche can be both father and infant to us and it's all dynamic, a dynamo force, our conceptions are like copper wires wound around an axis, this forum. It is magic, it is built in time, an astral form. And we are going to expand that form the coming year. The Pentad must keep rolling, being wound, now that we've seen how cool it is, how, that it works - this too was once an earthly invention, the five pointed star, taken from all those instances where it represents the magic on this planet, I thought let us include ourselves in this magic. And this summer I happened to see what may be the original Pentagon, in an Italian renaissance or late Medieval town called Este - it was an occult design of a town and it was written that all great leaders were also architects and city planners. Now let us be architects of the kosmopolis. When Athens became too small for philosophy, Plato set out to make it universal. The task was rather large but we've come to the end of it - now it's time to found us a polis again. We're the first universal men, aren't we? It's our prerogative to settle upon this new world and give it our own blood and pick our own soil - this will be universal in spirit but still particular in scent, in Earth, in climate - we're all hyperboreans, we all speak this bitter language of true love, of love without goals, of tragedy, which is what gave birth to honesty, which is what gave birth to philosophy... no?

View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:23 pm

What bothers me is this, and I think it is more important than ourcurrent discussions on justice or the daemonic or politics: what does it mean, then, agreeing on what we have just agreed, to build a system?

If I can sleep at night, it is because I find ways to trick and distract my mind.

This was an arrow straight into my soul. What can this possibly mean?

Philosophy so far has been instinctual, and I can see a justification and a need for it. But godDAMN. What does it entail? This might be the most dangerous one yet, I can't seem to find firm footing.

It reminds me of Nietzsches approach to cogito ergo sum. It takes away even the certainty that we should look for a place to start.

I have my current stand and must stand by it: I currently don't have the means for such an enterprise. The coolness of mind. All I know is the disease, and some opportune tratments.

But it fucks with me. It does fuck with me... The potential magnanimity of it.

Also, I did find my depth. This is the fear. That we might be rushing towards a cliff and not understand our parachute doesn't work.

Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Or maybe I'm just panicking. Maybe it is my own psychological trauma. Maybe the daemonic and the triads are somewhere to start, or to pick up.

Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Each must find his own starting point and categorical ideas, I think. These can never be given, only presented either to be understood or to inspire a different idea and response.

Sometimes it is not possible that philosophers would speak the same language. This doesn't preclude philosophy, or common work. Courage. I think we've barely scratched the surface of philosophy. I think it still call lovingly to us. It is "impossible".. that is what makes it possible to us.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:55 pm

You're right about the coolness of mind, this is not easy to come about on. It took me many years of heat and fire and chaos in order to slowly forge a diamond out of that gradually cooling fire. I can say the process is very bottom-up, as FC said to me, "the means create the ends", this is a purely natural process and entirely unlike processes of psyche or society in the modern world today - it is an opposite kind of ethics, a perfect compliment and cure for the disease you allude to.

This is.... philosophy.

"Philosophy is no less than the aspiration to complete humanity." --Parodites

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:30 am

As you say, our most justified fear is to speak to our highest values. Value ontology allows us to address these highest values without 'discerning', as in separating them from the unformed cloud of the future. This is precisely why it allows us to build toward it. All pre-designed realities, everything that was drawn up before it was built, is lacking in philosophy. It is hard to wed politics to philosophy, it can only be done by transforming the very nature of approach. Metaphors of darkness, lightning and the abyss abound, this is a sign that the track is true, that we are abandoning the method of placing the means in service of some goal. The means produce the goal, as science produces this great world which might suddenly be severed from its roots, so philosophy produces the very roots. Thus is it Earth, blind, receiving light, working that light in itself for no one to see, until it turns out that this light cracks open as a seed for 'trees of light' - which man shall climb, fearlessly, because philosophy has prevented the past from disappearing by turning it all into such seed; the philosopher is history of the earth, turned inward like a grain of dirt, premeditating only its own being - all that politics can be is the connection of the roots to the tree. Politics must connect science to philosophy. Why so? Science represents is earthly power, and philosophy is earth. Politics (the kind of which we wonder if it's possible) is what brings power to earth.

In the 20th century, science has evolved far enough to value philosophy, to be in the reach of the spell of philosophy, to discern the same gravity. We can  scientifically 'explain' (understand) what has happened with the pentad, and our general idea of a collective philosophical endeavor: by interlocking we have acquired a gravity that forces us to the earth. But by the harsher, yang like aspects of philosophical nature, we remain unyielding, and force the earth to bend toward us. This is our politics, in as far as it can be said to be such a thing, in as far as it works: to not bend to the Earth unless it bends to us first. Earth only bends when things please her, and one of the things that please her most is grounds for riddles. Her nature is riddling, and she likes to use men to be the substance of such riddles. Politicians who unlocked the hearts of great peoples have been such riddles - they knew how to be modest versus their means instead of versus their subjects. The subjects thereby come at the disposal of the means, and in this way, humanity self-organizes itself, seemingly from the ground up, to a great wheel of cultivation.

We can never explain everything so as for all questions to be answered. Mans delight in life is questioning, and aristocracy is the courage of questioning each other. Aristocracy is primarily the integration of rudeness into politeness. Of harshness into polished manners: the phallic rage constrained in the doric pillar, but also the absurdly intense pressure that works within a tree to push the essences upward, most of all perhaps in the cry of an eagle, which is so far convinced of its own effect that only its echo can be discerned as its body  - there is no more personality, there is only will that has acquired a certain character, a character directly cognate with 'Earth'.

In the case of the Eagle, it can be said to be the Aegis of Earth; that which marks to an earthling the end of his earthling-ness. The eagle himself lives between Earth an Sun, it is he who Zarathustra will never understand; an eagle only goes down to kill, he teaches by this descent, and what he teaches is fear of eagle and will to be eagle. America is like that eagle. All it can do is keep hunting and inspire other animals to become like it. It is still by far the only model that has ever done justice to the mixture of man and technology.

Freedom, Strength and Independence,

and yet, In God We Trust. As William Blake says in the Marriage of Heaven and Hell:

"The fox provides for himself. But God provides for the lion."

There's only one activity that can lead to more freedom  and that is the hunt for new hunting-grounds. America is itself 'the new hunting ground' - and Columbia is named after the greatest hunter. The 'Indian' myth of the hunting-ground after death, coinciding with the perfect representation of their heaven to their world as their conquerers perceived it, whereas they couldn't see the ships coming across what they didn't realize was an expanse. Correspondence between Aristotle and the native Americans. Dislodging of "A" = "A". We need to re-install God to replace "A".

Have I been understood? Never fully. That is why I must also be 'felt' - I am sure you have felt what I mean. I mean that the beast now considered the ugliest of sins must be adorned to be the most formal of virtues. In this way only its shaming nature is curbed - this sin is its self-righteousness. It is the only living self-righteousness left in the world. It therefore must be concluded that it is righteousness itself.

All of this is metaphorical - where the metaphor touches the earth is where I see the action of politics hitting the sand.

View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:18 pm

One of Nietzsche's most impressive maneuvers is the transition from the re-evaluation of all values to the inversion of all values. Christianity is so perfect as to act as an almost perfect mirror for virtue... But something escapes.

This may be awkward for an honorable soul disposed to self-sacrifice, but Nietzsche's greatest discovery was God.

And these lands are so ready to venerate Him, that the only thing they lack is this knowledge which is bottom-up. Maybe they need a little further to go, but a grounds to venerate Him already appears.

Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:44 pm

I wouldn't dare to propose any of this if that weren't the case! But the aim is not to get them to venerate Nietzsche, it is rather the same as Zarathustra's unaccomplished aim, which is to get them to venerate themselves, and do so in the right way. For this we employ the insight that the means create the ends. Health and essence; sap, juice, well-condensed excess. Earth, natural heritage, where nature means work, worked, labored, mastered.

This is why the absence of silliness is so important. And why the few hundreds of years of advantage matter so much, why they can never be caught up with. The US  has been through the process of globalization as the primary shaper of it. That is an experience no other country will ever have. Fittingly and no coincidentally it is a nation that represents all nationalities in its population. This allowed it to absorb scientists from every besieged country. The United States was founded as a metaphysical place; not before was a nation formed by severing the ties to the tribe and homeland for pursuit of idea, 'happiness'. It is thus logical that the Jews found such a perfect home there, but they were merely the first wanderers, the first who realized, struck by fate, that god is not on anyones side. They then claimed to be the ones chosen to be on gods side while he was preparing grounds for them, but all that is too long and complicate a story to be told by the same one who tells that the Jews found relief in America, along with  a lot of other tribes who had long  been fatigue by delusions, by silliness, as you so aptly characterize the antipode to experience. America had no roots, therefore it created experience. And so it became rooted into 'the world of tomorrow', the balance of power that relies on superior means and superior psychology. The Chinese can become a threat to the latter, perhaps this is why we are developing deeper narratives in television. Our population needs to be brought to breathe beyond good and evil if it is to compete with the yang-yin breath of the great swallowing reason. We need to stay ahead of the curve of reason, the west needs its individuals because it needs genius.

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:59 pm

New juxtaposition:

happiness versus silliness. As opposites, one excluding the other.

Mind you this is not an epistemological claim, but a 'political setup' - a way to differentiate the substance of fortune and philosophical justice from the raw substance of earth.

Happiness as proto-philosophical 'formal happiness' specifically - 'that to the pursuit of which one has the right' ; thus a happiness necessarily won by endurance, competition, sometimes harsh scarring fight, overcoming. Happiness as something conquered.  The people who posited that formula were absolutely philosophers, but esoteric writers, who hid their purpose in the bellicose effect of their words, while the words themselves formally betrayed no harsh battlecry.

"Go get experienced" was the message. And here we are. "You're a man now, act like it", must become the new one. Just a subtle nuance, a referent to hard time that can't have been for nothing. History, indeed.

View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:22 pm

Agreed. I didn't mean venerate Nietzsche. No man is to be venerated but who rapes a culture... This is why American imperialism has had such a deservedly hard time taking root in less European cultures. No single man god. I like that, they'll have to come around the hard way, through happiness.

I see the need now to formalize it. And that Americans are at a further stage, one that can now be more humble and observant through its own formalization. I was deeply touched by the eating fungi served on velvet image.

This may be a way to go for the hardest distances.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain    

Back to top Go down

Truth strength love power justice mind hope pain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: