'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Thought on the Power of Women

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: A Thought on the Power of Women   Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Women's power is indeed witchcraft, pure reaccionism that is more honest in the face of nature, perhaps, than the manly chemistry. It is their own, and since it is of this nature, it often leads to being the concequence of loving a man.

The most powerful have an arrogance that command something more powerful than the all-too-mortal arrogance of a man. One such woman was named Manuelita Saenz, Bolivar's lover from the last lands he conquered (high Peru, today Bolivia). No coincidence that she was brown skinned, possessing that beauty power unique to the indian mixed white women of New Europe. In an attempt to the then dictator's life, one of the would-be assassins recorded the following:

" ... Zulaibar and Azuero start shouting hooras to liberty, and Bolivar alarmed, and suspecting what was happening, threw himself onto the street from a window, and went to hide under a bridge of the San Agustin river. When we broke, then, the door to his sleeping chambers, Bolivar had already saved himself. A beautiful lady came out to meet us, with a sword in her hand, and with admirable prescence of spirits and very courteously, asked us what we wanted? We corresponded with the same courtesy, and tried to know from her where Bolivar was. Someone of the plotters came a little after and expounded some threats against that lady, and I opposed to them being realized making manifest to him that the reason that drove us there was not that. We proceeded to search for Bolivar, and a young 'negro,' who served him, informed us that he had thrown himself to the street through the window of his sleeping quarters. We looked out the window, that Carujo had neglected to guard, and acquired the certainty that Bolivar had escaped."

Pablo Neruda wrote a poem about Manuelita in honor of that foiled attempt:

"Your little brown hand
your slim spanish feet
your well clear hips
your vains through which ran
old rivers of green fire
everything did put on the table
like a burning treasure
as if from abandoned and dead quirks of fate
in the shuffle of the fire
in the game of life or death
you were liberty
liberty in love
you gave dons and doubts
disrespecful idolatress
the owl was scared in the shadow
when your het of hair passed."

Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:58 pm

A woman that can defend us, a virtuous one, is an amusement but only that. One requires above all else, not a woman that can raise a sword on our behalf, but a woman that is capable of raising the dagger and turning it against us, if only in possibility. If she cannot do that, then it was impossible to love her. How else, but through war with us- if only a spiritual war, could she show us who we really are and what we are actually capable of? A mysterious and hidden strain of sublimated cruelty is necessary for them to win the love of man.

Nisus ait, "Dine hunc ardorem mentibus addunt,
Euryale, an sua cuique deus fit dira cupido?"

Have the gods set this ruling passion in my heart,
or does each man's furious passion become his god?
- Virgil.

It is not opium which makes me work but its absence, and in order for me to feel its absence it must
from time to time be present.-- Antonin Artaud
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:38 pm

You can bet your ass this girl had it. But that's the beginning stage. After, if love is true and respect is gained, they both turn outwards towards the world and do battle onto IT.

"Te equivocas amor,
No quiero guerra contigo,
Sino batallas a tu lado."

I saw a graffiti like that some days ago. That is the state in which the woman has earned the respect, but not the man.

("You are mistaken love,
I want no war with you,
But battles at your side.")

If it is the other way around, the woman clings desperately and the man is apathetic.

Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Of course, some ritualistic reliving of the initial cruelty is always needed, and if the respect is lost, a heart is broken. It was dishonestly gained.

Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:10 pm

This love is true enough among men also. The ethics of brotherhood in battle is born of two men intending, at least spiritually and tentatively, to kill each other.

The thread is about women, though. Men are alchemical, women are witch-like. This love is transcendental as opposed to brotherhood, which is on the plane of honor, the peak of scendentalism. That is why couples tend to retreat from other allies and brothers tend to grow in numbers.

Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:16 pm

I like this.

Gay love between men: one man only wishes to be able to aspire to kill another. If he trains and acquires this aspiration, brotherhood. If he is so fascinated as to ditch the effort and follow the man, and that one disdains him and this one reproaches the other, they can also earn respect: one of magnanimity and the other of wisdom in restraint. The same process is repeated.

Lesbian love and sisterhood? Complete misteries to me.

Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:29 pm

I would venture the guess that sisterhood is founded upon mutual respect of taste, following the intent to kill in terms of taste. Lesbian love, the same unattainability in respect of taste as there is in gay men for respect of power.

Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Perhaps this love, once turned outward upon the world as you say, becomes monological and forgetful of that world, for Virgil even admits that love conquers all- how much of a struggle could the world put up? Nietzsche's idea of love was this forgetting of the world, by two people whose lives were bent on the course of one, shared star; they draw together in epicycles only.

- Virgil.

It is not opium which makes me work but its absence, and in order for me to feel its absence it must
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:10 pm

The battle on the world is defensive... The inertia of previous battles is the form this takes, an attack only by inertic defense. The world will only respond to the attack. If it is subdued... This is where kings are born.

Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:24 pm

One forgets the world- subdues it, when one stops defending against its leveling inertia, when it ceases to concern one: you can reject the world or forget it, you cannot accept it. As Amiel said- one can only make one's cross lighter by carrying it. Or even more appropriately, my own variation: you cannot accept your cross, you can only shun it. Our cross- that is the world. It is no coincidence that a new love seems to return you to the Adamic state before the fall into time and the world, a state in which you desire to give everything a new name, and call all things to announcing themselves truthfully, even the rocks and bugs, as much as the stars, for insofar as one forgets the old world one can't help but to desire a new one.

- Virgil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Why would one need to forget the world to name it? That sounds like the passion of adolescent love, too easily acquired with not much battle behind it.

The previous experience of struggling with the cross provides the means for appropriating it, liberating one's self from the pain of its weight, by finding in another the same kind of love in struggle. This love in struggle is really just taste, and becomes love when a different soul coincides. Then, there is something to lose, to protect, to conquer and lay land for.

Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Adolescent love is easily acquired and easily lost.

Mature love is acquired with difficulty and easily lost.

Real love is acquired easily but lost with difficulty: the passion is sustained.

One cannot name something that one is a part of, otherwise one names one's self.

This loving another because they bear the cross as you do, this loving them for their mutual struggle with the world strikes me as indecent. One must love only with what is still alive and healthy in one's self- only with the part of one's self that does not suffer, that has not placed itself into such a lofty and spiritual proximity as war with something as lowly and gross as this world. I despise those that suffer as I do: for I do not suffer, save for when I am beneath my self.

- Virgil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Save for when I am beneath myself,

I do not suffer.

It is the cross that I lay at my feet and walk upon.

I love the person that distinguishes in me what is taste despite suffering, who sees in the cross loftyness. A loftyness I yearn for, for before I met you, I had nothing but the cross to carry. Before I knew you could walk it, I had to insult your manner of carrying it.

Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:13 pm

Perhaps if there is a Cross it is that "self beneath your self"- yes this seems right. Then to set it down and walk over it is the Crucifixion- the higher crucifixion, not of the body, but of spirit.

The Cross exists, not for you to crucify yourself on, but to teach the vanity of crucifixion: this vanity is the suffering of a soul, and is unlike the lowly suffering of the body, with its feelings- all transient feelings. The happiness of the young man is as meaningless as the sufferings of the old man: pain has taught me that it is as illusory as happiness. Love is the void-star Tara, the black flame of desire of the ancient Tibetan mythos and female godhead, burning in the night of Kali or Time, as turns in the eternal cycles of rebirth in daemonic love upon the face of Siddharatri and reveals the goddess.

All I want, above all, is to forget and withdraw from this creation, and name it from the distance: and, on the other side of the Lethe, to let this name venture beyond the waters in the form of a song, and to hear before turning my back and entering into oblivion one other person sing their own song in return, before turning their backs as well and dying: I have lived my life and never heard another's song, have never heard them answer me and call the world by its true name.

- Virgil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:27 pm

When I stopped to listen for the song of the true name of the world, always I heard the same plea: there are no words between us, no tune we share. This distance does not yet exist... Greater than eternity: will you come back, my love?

No, I will not. But when I have forged tune and word, it will reach your ears.

Then Lethe will be ours.

Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:32 pm

It takes a long time to cultivate that distance; indeed, from the purely psychological perspective, that is the goal of all these words and years of philosophizing. But cultivating this distance for love to exist in, takes so long that perhaps there will be no time left for the love itself: perhaps the cultivation takes a life-time. This is the setup the Gods made for the hubris of mortals to boast of love, as our punishment.

- Virgil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:38 pm

For I left a fourth category of love out: the one that is both acquired and lost with difficulty, as it belongs to the gods and not humans.

- Virgil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:41 pm

But the Gods are wise and more amused by courage than despair, and beneath the punishment they hid reward: the thrill of the ride, and immortality through consequence.

Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:24 am

Yes that is true, one is provided a chance for apotheosis however slight, as without it the punishment is not as interesting to them.

- Virgil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:05 am

And this is the difficulty in the highest fourth kind of love, it is found in cultivating this distance- a personal endeavor, as opposed to in the woman herself and indecently defending and being defended by her, mutually suffering, sharing the burden of one cross, as in the third kind. In that highest fourth kind both inspire each other to rise above the self beneath their self- above the self that suffers, walking over the cross of suffering.

- Virgil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:20 am

Or maybe it is the very ruthlesness of the punishment that first gives men a place to retire to and then destroys that place too which is meant to filter out fluffy dreams and unworthy men.

Perhaps the love of a god fearing woman has no longer the smallest trace of hubris or cowardice. Just the certainty that a step closer to worthyness in mortality has been achieved.

What you said just now reminds me of a post I wrote earlier: "this is where kings are born." A love hardly won and hardly lost is born, too, and it can only be born out of the most discriminating of tastes, those who understand the difference between carrying and walking to the T and to whom a sword has as much right to be lofty as a blade of grass or the entire ancient greek language. How can one such as this sublimate cruelty? As a child: to a T. Their negativity does not discriminate put with regards to itself.

Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:01 am

I recall in relation to this Nietzsche's star-friendship, united by a heavenly aim though estranged in their struggles and isolated in their suffering on the earth.

- Virgil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:08 am

By the Gods! Let us bridge them. If only as attempt, this cannot help but elevate us.

Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:19 pm

What do you make bridges between the stars with? Rimbaud wrote something about bridges between the stars, it is bothering me that I cannot recall it. Though perhaps love is not a bridge between them- rather, as Nietzsche, or at least Zarathustra says, "a seed of wisdom scattered from star to star, it is true, this leaven is mixed with all things. For the sake of folly wisdom is in all things." Or at least love may be that folly, if not the seed of wisdom, or even the act of scattering it.

- Virgil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:31 pm

Love is will to power and nothing besides. Bridges are as much its consequence as stars are its cause. Folly is that we are not alone, here perhaps love is born: how do YOU do it? Ah! Both our ways are good, and different, and as they are good and different, and have one star, they are complementing. Now that I know you, I lack you if you leave. As long as it is the same star we see, we are as two.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Thought on the Power of Women   

Back to top Go down

A Thought on the Power of Women
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: