'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Political Aims

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Political Aims   Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:50 am

Aesthetics are objective. That's why all high powers in high cultures are deeply aesthetic. A purely aesthetic narrative then is the highest percievable peak for politics today and since it has existed.

Artists are, in a sense, people who give up. The good ones, anyway. The correlation is clear.

A scary task, no doubt. Many a genocide has been carried out for this fear. This ambious lack of ability to take it or make it. It is not necessarily admirable, just an example of evolutionary sense. Value, if you will.

Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Political Aims   Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:33 am

Yes the subjectivity of valuation reveals a deeper objectivity, this is how we connect into reality. More reality = more political power, but it also equals more power to construct subjectivities, "non objectivity", like opinion, sentiment, etc. It is possible that all human "opinion, sentiment", everything "subjective" is simply something created as a side-effect of true objectivities as politics power in the high culture of a civilization.

But it requires something... unknown, to link self-valuings in this way, under the surfaces of shared value-worlds. We can simply call it logical necessity, but I imagine it is far more "real" than that too. Think archetypes, global consciousness project, ...

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." --Parodites

"Between this sky and the faces turned toward it there is nothing on which to hang a mythology, a literature, an ethic, or a religion—only stones, flesh, stars, and those truths the hand can touch." --Camus

"It is a tedious thing to be always beginning life; they live badly who always begin to live." --Seneca

"I kick ass, all these other humans suck balls." --Inmendham
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Political Aims
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: The World-
Jump to: