'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Nietzschean Cauldron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:06 am

Actually, I couldn't find the source of that quote. This is as close as I could find:

"Deception, flattering, lying, deluding, talking behind the back, putting up a false front, living in borrowed splendor, wearing a mask, hiding behind convention, playing a role for others and for oneself-in short, a continuous fluttering around the solitary flame of vanity-is so much the rule and the law among men that there is almost nothing which is less comprehensible than how an honest and pure drive for truth could have arisen among them." From: On Truth and Lies in a Nonmoral Sense
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:07 am

Sorry but can not loose any argument, that would ruin my stats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:11 am

You see, when you master a revolutionary thinking system, the inconscious part of the brain get use to it and start to incorporate "the algoritm" in its own way to facilitate your toughts, then you just chill out and look for mystakes with eyes half closed that all.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:12 am

Myki2 wrote:
Sorry but can not loose any argument, that would ruin my stats

Belly laugh. Yes, I had already figured that one out. I do that selectively at the Taoist forum. I won't do it here intentionally.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:16 am

I love the part of "playing a role" because when i was young i wanted to write a scy fi scenario until i realize that life is the best scy fy movie i have ever seen, thanks to Nietzsche !
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:16 am

Myki2 wrote:
You see, when you master a revolutionary thinking system, the inconscious part of the brain get use to it and start to incorporate "the algoritm" in its own way to facilitate your toughts, then you just chill out and look for mystakes with eyes half closed that all.

I talk about this when talking about ego and especially excessive ego. In my opinion it is fine to have ego. It's part of the survival instinct. But our ego (self image) should reflect reality.

And then, too little ego will land us in all kinds of problem, mostly of others taking advantage of us; becoming a herd animal. We are social animals but so are lions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:18 am

Myki2 wrote:
I love the part of "playing a role" because when i was young i wanted to write a scy fi scenario until i realize that life is the best scy fy movie i have ever seen, thanks to Nietzsche !

Good point. Real life is full of mystery and excitement. All we have to do is open our eyes and mind to see it. But we shouldn't open our mind so far that our brains will fall out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:23 am

Quote :
Belly laugh.

Very Happy i had one for 3 days because of this crazy guy who smoke the hottest chilli pepper in the wolrd, he killed me xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:34 am

Quote :
We are social animals but so are lions.

Dude that's funny, sometime i like to watch animal documentary, that's relax me, like whales singing before sleep and just this week i was into lions, and god, i was thinking about the fact that humans exterminated all super predators of the world, but not the lions and the bears (all other felins or carnivore are not "super" predators,) so much respect for the king of the jungle and the BIGFOOT of the forest Very Happy

Last edited by Myki2 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:39 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :
Belly laugh.

Very Happy i had one for 3 days because of this crazy guy who smoke the hottest chilli pepper in the wolrd, he killed me xD

I have tried a lot of things in my life but that is one I have never had the desire to try.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:41 am

Quote :
I have tried a lot of things in my life but that is one I have never had the desire to try.

It's not mortal so for how much you would do it ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:42 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :
We are social animals but so are lions.

Dude that's funny, sometime i like to watch animal documentary, that's relax me, like whales singing before sleep and just this week i was into lions, and god, i was thinking about the fact that humans exterminated all super predators of the world, but not the lions and the bears (all other felins or carnivore are not "super" predators, the aigle for exemple doesnt count, he can't hurt a human) so much respect for the king of the jungle and the BIGFOOT of the forest Very Happy

Yes, we have killed so many simply our of fear; never trying to understand and respect.

I too enjoy watching nature, science, historical, etc documentaries. But I don't do ghosts or bigfeet or any of that other stuff.

BTW I noticed the post count of the forum. I, personally, have 34,727 posts on the Taoist forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:45 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :

It's not mortal so for how much you would do it ? Very Happy

I don't, and never have done drugs. I don't even like taking OTC pain pills but sometimes need to.

Just so you know, I am 75 years old so there are a lot of stories from my life that I might have the opportunity to share here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:49 am

Quote :
I talk about this when talking about ego and especially excessive ego.

showing ego is good, healthy even, just deal with the consequences xDD
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:53 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :
I talk about this when talking about ego and especially excessive ego.

showing ego is good, healthy even,  just deal with the consequences xDD

Yes, but if we show excessive ego we will be setting our self up for criticism and destructive challenges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:56 am

Quote :
so there are a lot of stories from my life that I might have the opportunity to share here.

I bet you have some stories with being in the us army....

Last edited by Myki2 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:01 am

Quote :
Yes, but if we show excessive ego we will be setting our self up for criticism and destructive challenges.

A challenge is a challenge, my idol Conor Mcgreggor showed me the way of fighting, life is a constant fight, you must be a lion and be ready to be removed, loosing is more easy than winning that's for sure !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:14 am

Quote :
I, personally, have 34,727 posts on the Taoist forum.

Jeez that's a guinees book record !!
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :

A challenge is a challenge, my idol Conor Mcgreggor showed me the way of fighting, life is a constant fight, you must be a lion and be ready to be removed, loosing is more easy than winning that's for sure !

I try to not look at life from that perspective. Winning or losing doesn't matter to me all that much any more. I just do the best I can and accept the results then let it go.

But sure, during our younger years fighting for whatever is frequently necessary. And I agree, be a lion or take the chance of being killed and even eaten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:31 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :
I, personally, have 34,727 posts on the Taoist forum.

Jeez that's a guinees book record !!

I'm not sure about that but some folks felt intimidated by my post count and tried to negatively criticize me for talking too much but it was pretty easy to negate their criticism.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:31 am

Quote :
Winning or losing doesn't matter to me

You see this with your human eyes, but with scientifical eyes, it's positiv or negativ data !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:37 am

Quote :
I just do the best I can and accept the results then let it go

Sorry that was the scientifical eyes my bad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi guys i would like to present you my final definition of the "EGO" according to the will to power.

EGO = imagine that i give you 1 billion dollars, you will be in a state of trance right ?
But what give you pleasure, is not actually the money, but your thinking system,
so why could you not be in this state without it ? Because Ego activation depend
on your vision of what the power is. Pain and pleasure are two sides
of the same coin. We can call that operating system "EGO" you can not control it,
directly because you can not control your vision of the power(your beliefs) i mean
you can not believe in ghost just by the power of your will, you must see one
and then get scared. The ego control our emotions, emotions control our actions,
the consequences of our actions activate the ego....
Absolutly no free wil, Ego system work only for reach more power depending on what is your vision of it.
Pleasure is a residual effect of reaching more power, pain is a residual effect of loosing power,
ego need pleasure and pain to orient itself in this reality.

Is my definition complete ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:44 am

Just for the hell of it I am going to disagree.

Ego is not about power. Ego is self-actualization. It will be different for each individual. Some will fall into your category, most won't.

And you may not have free will but I damn sure do. I even have the free will to entertain the thoughts that arise in my brain or to just let them arise and fall as they will; totally ignoring them.

Nietzsche had a strong ego. But he realized that his ego had gotten too big and this is why he confessed that he could never became a superman. He knew the path but he knew he could not travel it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    

Back to top Go down

The Nietzschean Cauldron
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Interpretation :: Nietzsche Campfire-
Jump to: