Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The defined

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

: 188

The defined Empty
PostSubject: The defined   The defined Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Definitions are but limits and what do we do but seek to limit ourselves in fear of what we yet know?
And what we yet know we say shows our limits but can we not be limitless and yet have that which we yet have?
For there to be heaven, Nirvana, must there not be more, and for their to be always more their must always be something that we yet have.
And what do we seek but more.
And to seek.
Seeking is consciousness.
We have what we want and what we want is always more.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

: 307

The defined Empty
PostSubject: Re: The defined   The defined Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:55 am

"Abstract"

Quote :
Definitions are but limits and what do we do but seek to limit ourselves in fear of what we yet know?
Definitions 'may' be confining but at the same time, they are a beginning to finding the truth especially when we struggle to build on them with newer, clearer words.
Would you not go thrashing with the scythe through the field in order to clear it and to see where it takes you or would you simply sit and complain that the grass and the weeds get in the way of things?

Quote :
And what we yet know we say shows our limits but can we not be limitless and yet have that which we yet have?
If we have the capacity to see a panorama of possibilities, and yet, at the same time, still realize that we have our limitations, perhaps it is that very vision/knowledge of our limitations, which spur us forward toward possessing new knowledge and truth. Nothing is ever created or transformed without conflict.

Quote :
For there to be heaven, Nirvana, must there not be more, and for their to be always more their must always be something that we yet have.
As for the first, I think NOT within that moment - as I think I've often said, 'heaven' is 'being there' - what more of a need is there in that moment of complete harmony?
As for the second part, I think there must be something sacrificed in order to have the 'more.

Quote :
And what do we seek but more.
For me, a continuum of enlightenment...
and sometimes other nonsense which I don't really need but heh I'm human. Twisted Evil

Quote :
And to seek.
Seeking is consciousness.
That would depend on what is being sought after, no?
Perhaps seeking is our moments of waking up?

Quote :
We have what we want and what we want is always more.
I wonder why that is?
Back to top Go down

The defined
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Storm :: Logic-
Jump to: