'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Scienctific breakdown of philoscophies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Scienctific breakdown of philoscophies    Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:37 am

Science breaks down philosophies. How? Because science does not know how to speak the languages of philosophy.

Science deliberately obviates meaning. Science does this in order to form new kinds of connections, e.g. analytic, empirical, quantitative ones. Direct causal links. Logic and the robotization of the world. This can be useful, even to philosophers. Certain uncomfortable truths are revealed in these furnaces.

So should philosophy entertain science by pretending that science can break down philosophy like it thinks? Maybe science is a pure Bitch that can only be useful when it is... being used.

"It would be wise to exercise caution with one's wishes." --Penny Royal AI

Odinwar <---[truth]---> Jeraz

Peace. War. Love. Wordz

“Grow a pair, preferably between your eyes.” -Styxhexenhammer666

104 Qdd5#
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Scienctific breakdown of philoscophies    Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:52 am

Both science and philosophy are supposed to be searching for the same thing: the truth.

It is just that their searches are at different levels.

I would think that both would almost always be other-supporting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Scienctific breakdown of philoscophies    Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:44 am

Sisyphus - technically, science uncovers fact. Truth is something different; truth requires a context for facts to have meaning. For that, we need to entirely get to the bottom of the Word, and thus the Mind. Science has broken no ground here, let alone traced the outlines of possible truth. It has no truth-frame. Philosophy is the work of building or disclosing a truth frame.

Philosophy does not concern itself with mere facts, it wants wisdom, for which truth is required. The main difference between how science and philosophy approach a fact is in that a philosopher requires a standardvalue for that fact as pertaining to other facts. (Such as math, which is a philosophical system.) The alternative is nihilism, which most 'scientific groupies' now do regard as philosophy. But that is only philosophy naturally ridding itself of toxins.

Capable - yes I would say this is wise. My method here will mostly be this; pinpricks and small probes, and keeping the interest of the scientist in philosophy as a source alive by thinning down the stream, and making it so that these little dudes of which a few have brilliance, and another few have some heart, can keep drinking it until they're so close to Being, that they might make a significant leap in science that produces  Value.

What you do not want to do is level with them.

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Scienctific breakdown of philoscophies    Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:53 am

"What you do not want to do is level with them."

Yes I've tried this before, it doesn't work. Scienctists simply have no "mind-eye" for truth/s, they like the analytical facts as you say. What do you suppose such 'facts' are from the perspective of philosophy and truths? Even from the perspective of just the barest ground of meaning? Strangely they are, for the most part, nonexistent. And in ironic fashion this lends ammo to the sciency camp counselors who preach the religion of philosophy-breakdown because philosophy doesn't even acknowledge what science is "doing", for the most part; just as Einstein while puzzling over something might not have acknowledged his niece playing with some blocks in the corner of the room.

I think the base of sciecnce is math. Math is pure analysis but raises analysis to beauty (not to truth) because of the purity factor. Math is meth to he bitch-science that is locked in a whore house; philosophy didn't build that house and doesn't operate it, and every now and then stops by to tell the whores they really don't need to live like that..

"It would be wise to exercise caution with one's wishes." --Penny Royal AI

Odinwar <---[truth]---> Jeraz

Peace. War. Love. Wordz

“Grow a pair, preferably between your eyes.” -Styxhexenhammer666

104 Qdd5#
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Scienctific breakdown of philoscophies    Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:40 am

Haha, yes that is ther type of relation. Science is sleazy as fuck. Well, I would not even truly call all of it science - I prefer seeing men like Copernicus and Einstein as Scientists, and the laborers of numbers as something else. But indeed Math is the spine of science and as it is a thing of pure beauty, a generator of beauty, a beauty of a generator, it is, I say, philosophical, True.

Philosophy after all is for a good part the skill or science of making proper/true relations.

What I make of the fact-fetish is in accordance also - not much, if anything. It does not have a ground on which to dynamize itself, it does not build or give a ground, it just gives blinking eyes and the phrase "it's science". It is the god from the book, the one who mutters gibberish so as to get idiots to their knees.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Scienctific breakdown of philoscophies    Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:18 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Sisyphus - technically, science uncovers fact. Truth is something different; truth requires a context for facts to have meaning. For that, we need to entirely get to the bottom of the Word, and thus the Mind. Science has broken no ground here, let alone traced the outlines of possible truth. It has no truth-frame. Philosophy is the work of building or disclosing a truth frame.

Philosophy does not concern itself with mere facts, it wants wisdom, for which truth is required. The main difference between how science and philosophy approach a fact is in that a philosopher requires a standardvalue for that fact as pertaining to other facts. (Such as math, which is a philosophical system.) The alternative is nihilism, which most 'scientific groupies' now do regard as philosophy. But that is only philosophy naturally ridding itself of toxins.

Good points. Perhaps we could say that philosophy is personal and science is worldly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scienctific breakdown of philoscophies    

Back to top Go down

Scienctific breakdown of philoscophies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: