'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ask the Oracle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Ask the Oracle   Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Oracle, will you play this game?

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Oracles crunch the numbers. Pure tectonics, fucking fucking hell.

Average human ability is about 0.006% of total possible output.

"It would be wise to exercise caution with one's wishes." --Penny Royal AI

Odinwar <---[truth]---> Jeraz

Peace. War. Love. Wordz

“Grow a pair, preferably between your eyes.” -Styxhexenhammer666

104 Qdd5#
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Sorry-- I a man drinking, and the moon is bright right now.

"It would be wise to exercise caution with one's wishes." --Penny Royal AI

Odinwar <---[truth]---> Jeraz

Peace. War. Love. Wordz

“Grow a pair, preferably between your eyes.” -Styxhexenhammer666

104 Qdd5#
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:46 am

Yes. Ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:11 am

Capable wrote:
Sorry-- I a man drinking, and the moon is bright right now.

The brightest moon is such wonderful company... even a little sliver.
We all need our beacons.

Ginsberg would have loved it.  It makes me want to "howl".  We all need to howl at times.

Philosophy is the childhood of the intellect, and a culture that tries to skip it will never grow up."

"If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped."

Thomas Nagel

Last edited by Arcturus Descending on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:18 am

Oracle,

Will you please tell me why i dreamed of two little snakes last night - one thinner (which somehow got into some kind of salad(?) I was making - which got a bit chopped up - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek as I was chopping up some ingredients  but still had a small piece of its body left in whatever it was I was making wriggling around.
The other little snake was more plump and it managed to escape down the drain.

I went in search of my mother to tell her about it to ask for help (she's gone from the Earth) found her but she had no answer for me.

Why do I sometimes have the weirdest dreams sometimes, Oracle?
And don't talk Freud to me.

If this has no place in here, I'll be more than happy to delete it.
But first ask the oracle what she thinks?

Philosophy is the childhood of the intellect, and a culture that tries to skip it will never grow up."

"If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped."

Thomas Nagel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:47 pm

Oracle after you have answered Arcturus, please answer me.

What is the greatest emotion that a man can feel, and what is the greatest emotion a woman can feel?

View user profile
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:44 pm

Foreign dreams are not my forte. I will share what I feel and think.

Your Mother crossed over to visit you, to simply be there for you. Many times those who have passed are not able to speak in

our dreams but they do wish for you to know of their continuing presence.

As far as the snakes, your chopping up the one is your handling of a situation that you are still unsure if you've handled that

situation properly. The escape artist snake represents an even bigger situation that is waiting for you to address it on your

own and preferably without a knife since knives can cut both parties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:35 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Oracle after you have answered Arcturus, please answer me.

What is the greatest emotion that a man can feel, and what is the greatest emotion a woman can feel?

This I feel is highly subjective. As a woman, for me, it is ecstasy. Now that can come about as a result of love, a sense of wonderment, anything capable of raising the human spirit in a transcendent way.

For a man, I can't speak for a man, it might be a sense of the highest achievement or pride - the right kind of pride, in having done what is necessary to be done.

I do feel it is an individual thing. It depends on one's psyche.

Thomas Nagel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 am

Hi-D wrote:
Foreign dreams are not my forte. I will share what I feel and think.

Your Mother crossed over to visit you, to simply be there for you.  Many times those who have passed are not able to speak in

our dreams but they do wish for you to know of their continuing presence.  

As far as the snakes, your chopping up the one is your handling of a situation that you are still unsure if you've handled that

situation properly.  The escape artist snake represents an even bigger situation that is waiting for you to address it on your

own and preferably without a knife since knives can cut both parties.

...or I simply had moments when I missed my mother. Our dreams at times balance out what we sometimes consciously or unconsciously are missing from our waking life. I don't always miss my mother but I do have my moments when I wish that I could sit down and talk to her. That's material for a dream.

I don't know if there is some kind of afterlife but we do keep people alive through our memories and emotions.

Quote :

situation properly.  The escape artist snake represents an even bigger situation that is waiting for you to address it on your

own and preferably without a knife since knives can cut both parties

I actually found that dream to be kind of creepy. lol even though in RL I have held two different snakes. They were quite cute actually. They do get a bad wrap, like the wolf.

The dream i had was more about bigger worms so to speak. Not sure yet what they symbolized - both the so-called escape artist and the skinnier longer one.
I'm not even sure if I liked the idea of chopping up part of the one which was in the food. I shuddered though and was creeped out to find it there in the first place. It takes a while to decipher our dreams I think...to know what the escaping fat worm was about and the other one. I seem to recall, I think, being surprised at the one escaping down the drain. Despite its ugliness, I might have been a bit disappointed lol

Both of them do represent a part of myself, my psyche. Why would we want to find such easy solutions for our dreams?
I've had other dreams about snakes or big worms before. I once had a dream that I was in a rowboat and there were all snakes swimming around me. It might have just as easily been a dream of healing as a dream of danger. We can't know without reflection, introspection and listening to what the "symbol" has to say to us or paying attention to what is transformed into something else.
Sometimes it is the emotions and the way in which we describe the dreams which speak louder to us than the so-called universal symbols.

Thomas Nagel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Oracle   

Back to top Go down

Ask the Oracle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: