'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Trump World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:06 am

Just talked to an anti-Trumper online, who claimed Trump hasn't done anything good so far. I proved him wrong by copying about half of my ongoing list to him, 13 things Trump has done so far that are good, and then he picked one to disagree with me on. He tried for a little while, but I proved him wrong and myself right on that particular issue (trade and wages), and then he ragequit.

I wish I could say this was par for the course, but it isn't. Even this subhuman display of garbagefilth rises so much higher than the average Clontish or anti-Trumper.

But it doesn't matter. "Victory is all you need, so cultivate and plant the seed."

The dross simply falls away, in the end.

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 am

Yeah, sometimes even when you show them how wrong they are it still makes no difference to them. Personal opinions are more important than any truths.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:40 am

Thrasymachus wrote:
and then he ragequit.

Hahaha, ragequit.
Still laughing at the word. Liberals always, aways, always ragequit. We could simply call them ragequitters.

"Hey, are you a ragequitter by any chance because I don't talk to ragequitters, I need to know, they always ragequit on me."

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Yes it's quite funny actually. I love this proliferation of new terms, "ragequit, edgelord, microaggression, mansplaining, virtue signaling, triggered, SJW, normie, kek", it's a fun time to be alive.

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:29 pm

I started doing that a while back. If I couldn't find a word to express may thought I would just make one up and use it. Then, of course, I would have to explain what I meant by it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:33 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Yes it's quite funny actually. I love this proliferation of new terms, "ragequit, edgelord, microaggression, mansplaining, virtue signaling, triggered, SJW, normie, kek", it's a fun time to be alive.

Haha, edgelord. My favourite so far.
I would take it as a compliment.

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:35 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
I started doing that a while back. If I couldn't find a word to express may thought I would just make one up and use it. Then, of course, I would have to explain what I meant by it.

haha.
Welcome to philosophy.
Any of your terms stuck?

View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 am

My favorite ones are "transmutation" and "ulterior".

The first counters the concept of rebirth and the second one refers to action without hidden intent; ulterior motive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:50 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:10 am

Not fake news - true lies, with intent.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Just fake, very fake news.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:29 pm

both.
propaganda.

But as I believe William Randolph Hearst himself said it, the only truth you'll read in the paper is the advertisements.
Which interestingly is also what pays for it.

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:15 pm

China all the time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:

Check out the hiphop part that starts somewhat beyond the mid point.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump World   

Back to top Go down

Trump World
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: The World-
Jump to: