'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Modernism and Christianity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Modernism and Christianity   Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Christianity as it exists today is as much a creation of liberal secular humanism, which emerged out of its collapse, as liberal secular humanism is a creation of Christianity, it's values and cultural inheritance, etc. They created one another in a strange postmodern situation, even though they are antagonistic toward one another.

Christianity today is a seething mix of broken sects and denominations, literal readings, symbolic readings, feminist readings, some Christians even find a way to incorporate Islam, etc. Christianity up to the 1800's is so different than any Christianity that comes after a certain event, out of which Liberal secular humanism also appeared.

I will write more about this later, but I felt the need to note it. Also, whenever I talk about Christianity, it's virtues or shortcomings, just assume I am talking about the one disconnected from liberal s. humanism and modernity, that is, the first one, unless I state otherwise.

Nisus ait, "Dine hunc ardorem mentibus addunt,
Euryale, an sua cuique deus fit dira cupido?"

Have the gods set this ruling passion in my heart,
or does each man's furious passion become his god?
- Virgil.

It is not opium which makes me work but its absence, and in order for me to feel its absence it must
from time to time be present.-- Antonin Artaud
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Parodites
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Modernism and Christianity   Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Christianity was one of the deepest and longest evolutionary periods for man. If the meaning of Christianity has been obscured and distorted by this layer of modernity on top of it, of which Nietzsche was a member among many, then a very large block of human history has been erased and must be recovered in order to move forward, as I have been saying all along.

Nisus ait, "Dine hunc ardorem mentibus addunt,
Euryale, an sua cuique deus fit dira cupido?"

Have the gods set this ruling passion in my heart,
or does each man's furious passion become his god?
- Virgil.

It is not opium which makes me work but its absence, and in order for me to feel its absence it must
from time to time be present.-- Antonin Artaud
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Modernism and Christianity   Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:29 pm

We could look back at the old medieval Christian philosophers and writers, for an idea of this buried substance; the substance must contain elements of Judaism, Greek and Roman culture and mythology, as well as political elements from all of these. A strange kind of fusion, very interesting that it even came into being.

"It would be wise to exercise caution with one's wishes." --Penny Royal AI

Odinwar <---[truth]---> Jeraz

Peace. War. Love. Wordz

“Grow a pair, preferably between your eyes.” -Styxhexenhammer666

104 Qdd5#
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modernism and Christianity   

Back to top Go down

Modernism and Christianity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top