'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kids are transgender now, I guess

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Atheism is a religion. It is the other side of theism, and equally religious about its claims.

If you meet a real 'atheist', such a person would have no need to call themselves an "a-theist". Such a person would simply be... a philosopher.

There are no a-unicornists for example. No need to make an entire system of thought around an obvious claim. And furthermore, as Fixed ws getting at, atheists don't generally care to define or understand the concept of God, which is why they miss insights like what Parodites has to offer when it comes to the god-concept and how its use relates to various stages of human subjectivity.

And anyway, the most proper response to the question of God's existence, beyond to ask what they actually mean by saying "God", is to simply ask, "who cares?"

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." --Parodites

"Between this sky and the faces turned toward it there is nothing on which to hang a mythology, a literature, an ethic, or a religion—only stones, flesh, stars, and those truths the hand can touch." --Camus

"It is a tedious thing to be always beginning life; they live badly who always begin to live." --Seneca

"I kick ass, all these other humans suck balls." --Inmendham
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:36 pm

I think Atheism as a doctrine accounts for the larger part of the lobotomizing of the populace.
It's the single stupidest doctrine man has come up with. Everyone I know who is an atheist is completely braindead.

Personally Ive always been an agnost. Which means that I dont let myself be convinced by any other thing than either completely exhaustive empirical evidence, or strict logic based on absolutely verified premises.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:34 am

Thrasymachus wrote:
Atheism is a religion. It is the other side of theism, and equally religious about its claims.

Seems you too have a gross misunderstanding of what religion is.

But you go ahead. Your beliefs are yours, not mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:35 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
I think Atheism as a doctrine accounts for the larger part of the lobotomizing of the populace.
It's the single stupidest doctrine man has come up with. Everyone I know who is an atheist is completely braindead.

Personally Ive always been an agnost. Which means that I dont let myself be convinced by any other thing than either completely exhaustive empirical evidence, or strict logic based on absolutely verified premises.

Thanks for defining me as braindead.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:10 am

Sisyphus wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

I know you are a Taoists.

Tao is just another 'god'.

A thing fictional except to the one who actually walks the path. Like the value of money is fictional, except that so many people believe it that it exists practically.  Same with God.

It's a standard of interaction.
Now you may think that doesnt exist, but all your interactions are governed by such a standard. Even if it doesnt exists to your mind, it influences you. To my mind, that means it does exist.

Standards are, to my mind, all that exists.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:02 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

A thing fictional except to the one who actually walks the path. Like the value of money is fictional, except that so many people believe it that it exists practically.  Same with God.

Now you may think that doesnt exist, but all your interactions are governed by such a standard. Even if it doesnt exists to your mind, it influences you. To my mind, that means it does exist.

Oh No! A show of a gross ignorance of Taoism. "Tao" is a verb, not a noun. It can also be called "Tzujan" - self-becoming. It is a process in nature and requires no god.

If something exist in your mind but doesn't exist in my mind then it means that it is just an illusion in your mind. (This can be argued but I will leave it stand.)

True, money has no value but it is power. Power creates value. I think you have said that yourself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:07 pm

"(Events without a cause except for something that doesn't exist?)"

You mean like the Big Bang.

Atheism is absolutely a religion, not only is their premise without logic until they actually define this 'god' they believe doesn't exist -

(thinker: "what is it you think doesnt exist?"
atheist: "Urrrk, I dunno, uuurk I hate thinking I just know youre wrong unga bunga hoonka bonka")

- whats more, all atheists seem to believe in the Big Bang, which is by any standard the most implausible miracle-story ever devised.

Really, whoever isnt able to see that the Big Bang is a completely illogical premise has no business looking down on primitive Islam.

Learn some logic first.

I don't know why atheists keep trying to pretend they understand the Big Bang by screaming to anyone who questions it: It was Einstein Himself (The Prophet!!) who said it! It cant be wrong!

It only tells me that they don't understand it, and that they go to sleep with folded hands.

Sad but natural that science has become a religion when it abandoned logic, which is what the Big Bang theory did for it.

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

Oh No!  A show of a gross ignorance of Taoism.  "Tao" is a verb, not a noun.  It can also be called "Tzujan" - self-becoming.  It is a process in nature and requires no god.

If something exist in your mind but doesn't exist in my mind then it means that it is just an illusion in your mind.  (This can be argued but I will leave it stand.)

True, money has no value but it is power.  Power creates value.  I think you have said that yourself.

Obviously "God" is a verb too. As well as a path, as I keep saying.

I wont repeat it again, I trust you will register this info now, and take some time to reflect, rather than keeping on insulting me without addressing what I actually say.

So far youve been responding to your own beliefs and presumptions, and not addressed my arguments at all. that, again, is very typical religious behavior.

I, on the other hand, address all your arguments. As I have no capacity for superstition or belief. I dont believe. I dont believe in the big Bang, I know that it is an irrational notion.

Ive also explained at least ten times the past month what I mean with gods, and that I am equally certain there is no creator god, as I am certain that there was never a Big Bang.

Both are exactly the same insult to my intelligence, and to cognition in general.

If you would be sincere, you would try to argue for the big Bang, rather than shamelessly attacking my person because I thoroughly explain how it is analytically impossible, and you dont like to hear that.

Ironically, Einstein, your prophet of Atheism, did believe in God.

Even more ironic: I disproved his theistic claim....
resolving the, for theistic-objectivistic people apparent, discrepancy between QM and Relativity.
There is no discrepancy, it is just that God the Creator never existed, and the Universe isn't governed by a central authority.
Its governed by principle, which eludes penetration by the physics it grounds, as Heisenberg has shown.

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Back the transgender topic -
Its a kind of end-of-history phenomenon.
There is nothing to gain for the instincts and genes anymore in a world where everyone and everything is equal, and all that is allowed is to rub against each other in blind indulgence of womens social instincts - in this world, this rub-zone in which at least 60  percent of the west lives - so if there is nothing to gain, no path for growth, no challenge, people get bored, cut off their penis, paste on a new one, just to have something happen.
But what I really was gonna say is that since evolution has been formally abolished (equality), humanity has reached a plateau where reproduction is just basically bullshit, and you can fuck with it, and that is all that it is, something to fuck with.
Many genepools are just exhausted with themselves. This is good news, as there are certainly not too few humans in the world. I am all for the people who are genetically depleted to not procreate.
transgenderism and abortion-addiction are symptoms of a branch of our species that has all but died - and is pushing itself into the abyss from where it wont reproduce.

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:42 am

Fixed Cross wrote:

Atheism is absolutely a religion, not only is their premise without logic until they actually define this 'god' they believe doesn't exist -

atheist: "Urrrk, I dunno, uuurk I hate thinking I just know youre wrong unga bunga hoonka bonka")

- whats more, all atheists seem to believe in the Big Bang, which is by any standard the most implausible miracle-story ever devised.

Really, whoever isnt able to see that the Big Bang is a completely illogical premise has no business looking down on primitive Islam.

Learn some logic first.

I don't know why atheists keep trying to pretend they understand the Big Bang by screaming to anyone who questions it: It was Einstein Himself (The Prophet!!) who said it! It cant be wrong!

It only tells me that they don't understand it, and that they go to sleep with folded hands.

Sad but natural that science has become a religion when it abandoned logic, which is what the Big Bang theory did for it.

Well, see you don't care too much about facts and logic. That's fine. You go ahead on. I woun't discuss the Big Bang with you any more because your mind is totally closed to the concept.

And I won't discuss Atheism with you any more because your mind is totally lose regarding this concept as well.

And I can't discuss gods with you because, in my mind, none exist.

Maybe we can talk about Nietzsche at some point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 am

Fixed Cross wrote:

Obviously "God" is a verb too. As well as a path, as I keep saying.

Okay, now you are beginning to speak in a language I can understand.  If this is your honest belief then I must agree with you.

I have never spoke against a person's religious path.  I speak against beliefs that cannot be supported with at least one fact that can be observed by anyone.

Ironically, Einstein, your prophet of Atheism, did believe in God.

I know that.  And this is what caused him to make his biggest blunder:  his rejection of his own theory of Singularity and the Big Bang.  It took a Catholic Clergyman to prove to him that he was in error by injecting the Christian concept of a static universe into his equation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:04 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Back the transgender topic -
Its a kind of end-of-history phenomenon.
There is nothing to gain for the instincts and genes anymore in a world where everyone and everything is equal, and all that is allowed is to rub against each other in blind indulgence of womens social instincts - in this world, this rub-zone in which at least 60  percent of the west lives - so if there is nothing to gain, no path for growth, no challenge, people get bored, cut off their penis, paste on a new one, just to have something happen.
But what I really was gonna say is that since evolution has been formally abolished (equality), humanity has reached a plateau where reproduction is just basically bullshit, and you can fuck with it, and that is all that it is, something to fuck with.
Many genepools are just exhausted with themselves. This is good news, as there are certainly not too few humans in the world. I am all for the people who are genetically depleted to not procreate.
transgenderism and abortion-addiction are symptoms of a branch of our species that has all but died - and is pushing itself into the abyss from where it wont reproduce.

Good. Back on topic.

I am pretty much in agreement with you here. However,

Evolution does not equal equality. Actually, it is more at creating diversity within a species.

But, when we mess with natural mutation and insert artificial mutation we are messing with what would happen naturally.

We are not all created equal. That is a myth. We all are created different and there is a natural reason for that.

Man has always had the desire to control nature. We mess up nearly every time.

I personally think that sex change operations are stupid but that is just my personal opinion.

Our species is designed to procreate. However, as with all species, some do not have the capacity to do so. That's nature.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Ok let's just be clear and to the point: if you are a male and think you're female, or if you're female and think you're male, then you have something wrong with you. An identity problem perhaps, a psychological "disorder" especially considering that such thoughts and feelings are strong and central enough to affect such a person's life drastically, leading to such weirdness as cross-dressing, changing your name, taking hormones, and surgery to change your sex organs (not really possible, but they try anyway).

You know I have much aversion to the (B)DSM psychology, but that doesn't mean mental disorders do not exist, it means 1) that APA via (B)DSM and in collaboration with pharma-slavery grossly overstates what is a true mental problem, and creates more mental problems than actually exist, and 2) does this in order to prescribe very bad and dangerous treatments that rarely make things better.

Gender Identity problems is a case where a true mental problem exists. It doesn't matter if you think you're a cat, a dolphin, a different gender or age, any radical departure of identity from what a person undeniably is, is pathological. As one pediatrics group said, fact not ideology determine reality.

Homosexuality is about attraction and novelty value, and also somewhat genetic as well as with environmental aspects; transgender is about not knowing what you actually are, and trying to turn such a deep and disgusting pathology into a virtue.

I used to think all this deconstruction postmodern liberalism stuff was a kind of Nietzschean strength of overcoming, reaching for an excess across boundaries... now I mostly see it as the opposite, a decay and degradation. Sure it is possible to see this stuff as Nietzschean from the outside and at a distance, at the theoretical level, but once you glimpse inside it and see some of its inner and outer causalities it becomes apparent that entropic forces are at work here; the abandonment of excess, not the value of excess.

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." --Parodites

"Between this sky and the faces turned toward it there is nothing on which to hang a mythology, a literature, an ethic, or a religion—only stones, flesh, stars, and those truths the hand can touch." --Camus

"It is a tedious thing to be always beginning life; they live badly who always begin to live." --Seneca

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:39 pm

No disagreements with what you said. And I would agree that most of it is psychological.

But lately I have started thinking that the additives that are being put into our processed foods might have something to do with it as well. I haven't researched this yet though.

And no, this is not Nietzschean. Not even close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

Learn some logic first.

Well,  see you don't care too much about facts and logic.  That's fine.  You go ahead on.  I woun't discuss the Big Bang with you any more because your mind is totally closed to the concept.

And I won't discuss Atheism with you any more because your mind is totally lose regarding this concept as well.

And I can't discuss gods with you because, in my mind, none exist.

Maybe we can talk about Nietzsche at some point?

Logic is not a person who was on tv sometimes. It's a method.
So that is what i was doing in that post.

Yes, all gods exist. You are carried forth by your own, your taoism, your diligence before your humble will, the attempt to do justice to what you do not know... that wide wide world where you seek balance.

You too are guided by unknonws that you trust.

More so than I, I would say, but this is not the point.

I welcome your sins.

Nietzsche, yes.

The will to power is al algorithm. Can you agree, or disagree, accompanied by a logical argument?

View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:26 am

Fixed Cross wrote:

I welcome your sins.

Nietzsche, yes.

The will to power is al algorithm. Can you agree, or disagree, accompanied by a logical argument?

I sin not. My thoughts, words, and deeds are consistent with the processes o nature. Nature has never defined sin. IN fact, the concept does not exist. Man creates all kinds of concepts for the purpose of controlling others. I prefer to not follow man but rather to follow nature.

Nietzsche. Yes. His concepts can be discussed and if there is any disagreement we can always refer directly to his work for a decision. Here we have a rule with which to measure

Algorithm is a logical process. Yes. "If, then, else", it's that simple.

We might need, at some point in the future, to find a definition of "will to power" that is simple and straight-forward that we both agree upon but at this point I will agree;

The will to power is an algorithm as it is, in my understanding, a logical process, both of the mind and the physical. (Note I used the word "mind" instead of "brain". I don't normally talk about the mind often as there are too many differing understandings of what the mind is.)

The only power I will for myself is to be able to live my life as I wish to live it. But this must include not messing with others' will, self respect and respect of the choices of others.

Logic tells me that, if twice before I have put my foot in water and my foot got wet, then if I put my foot in water again my foot will get wet.

My understanding of Nietzsche, in simple form, is that he is telling us that we have the power to become. Become what? Whatever our potentials allow.

And Taoism offers guidance such that it suggests what will likely happen if we do such or such. The are no Commandments in Taoism. There are no dogma. The most important thing it teaches, IMO, is that we should think of the consequences of our considered actions before we act. To not have to act is the preferred state.

Of course, Nietzsche tell us that we must act. I find no conflict between this and Taoism. If we are in the middle of the herd we must act in order to get out of the herd. But if we succeed it will be only our self who must watch out for the wolves. No more herd protection.

I think I may have spoken further than you needed at this point but I felt I needed to present a little of my root understandings of life so that you can speak to them if you wish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:20 pm

I am a male biologically, but I identify as a female bicurious firetruck.

Please use my preferred pronouns:

They/them (singular)
Theirs (singular possessive)
Red wagon (plural)
Firehose (plural possessive)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
I am a male biologically, but I identify as a female bicurious firetruck.

Please use my preferred pronouns:

They/them (singular)
Theirs (singular possessive)
Red wagon (plural)
Firehose (plural possessive)

You should leave those mushrooms alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:27 pm

TRANSPHOBE!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
TRANSPHOBE!!!

hahahaaa are you serious... i looked it up the word exists...

what a time

View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:31 pm

I have phobophobia, like FDR.

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:33 pm

The Muslim-loving Nietzsche would be laughing merrily right now.

The saner Nietzsche would of course be crying, but hey. We all have our good and bad days.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:33 pm

How do you translate Aletheia into an Aletheia-phobia? That is what they actually suffer from, fear of truth.
Alethophobe? Aleltheiphobe?

View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:34 pm

For bad days I recommend a six pack of beer and a Death Note marathon. Or you can just listen to Metallica on a volume sufficient to induce tinnitus.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Drinking tends to get me into fights. I'm not a good lone drinker. Well and apparently also not a good one in company.
My last hangover was celebrated on this overpass.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.484989,-73.6321978,3a,75y,302.62h,110.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDrN9F8f-fJtDeltc3qbahA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

of alcohol consumed in this etablissement six months before this picture was taken
https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.4832678,-73.6287914,3a,75y,213.29h,90.72t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-0hqbi-11VjRj9UW_74DRg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids are transgender now, I guess   

Back to top Go down

Kids are transgender now, I guess
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Idealism-
Jump to: