'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A possible formula

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: A possible formula   Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:23 am

Selfvaluing is power to will, will is will to power, power is will to love, love is will to life, life is will to give, bring forth, create-through. And that's the end of that.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path


Posts : 1422
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:17 am

Does love really need to be in there? Love is one of those words with so many connotations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:28 am

will to exalt, then -
I mean among other connotations to refer to the idea of creating beyond oneself, and to take pleasure in serving a real cause that includes but exceeds oneself, or at least that part of oneself that one wishes to cultivate - what I call the selfvaluing logic.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path


Posts : 1422
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:47 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
will to exalt, then -
I mean among other connotations to refer to the idea of creating beyond oneself, and to take pleasure in serving a real cause that includes but exceeds oneself, or at least that part of oneself that one wishes to cultivate - what I call the selfvaluing logic.

Yes, this I can easily work with. I think that a full life includes holding ideals greater than one's self. If you will, having an ideal you are willing to die for in order to protect or accomplish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:08 am

Very well. I see that ethics is the sort of context where you can best follow what I am saying.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path


Posts : 1422
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:56 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Very well. I see that ethics is the sort of context where you can best follow what I am saying.

Well done Fixed Cross.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drops_Of_Jupiter
bowstring
bowstring


Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 56
Location : Columbus, Ohio USA

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:40 am

I don't agree with holding onto a concept that we will "die" for. - That seems a young persons creed. However, having made it to 56, very little in life is worth dying for...if anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Drops_Of_Jupiter wrote:
I don't agree with holding onto a concept that we will "die" for. - That seems a young persons creed. However, having made it to 56, very little in life is worth dying for...if anything.

Its a great privilege to have such a value as to exalt ones consciousness above ones physical self. Usually we dont have it. Modernity is in a sense mans impotence to value beyond his mortal coil... he does not have the will to sow himself like a seed.

But mans greatness is a seed.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : Will to Power

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:36 pm

I can't imagine a worse hell and fate than to have nothing worth dying for.

 

___________
"Since the old God has abdicated, I shall rule the world from now on." --Nietzsche

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : Will to Power

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:03 pm


 

___________
"Since the old God has abdicated, I shall rule the world from now on." --Nietzsche

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drops_Of_Jupiter
bowstring
bowstring


Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 56
Location : Columbus, Ohio USA

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Hmmm... When I was younger, I would have "died" for many of my beliefs. But something happened.... I got a business education and grew up.

I used to see only my side of the coin, the "right" side. Now I see multiple sides and angles. Let's take the controversial topic of abortion. When younger, I knew in my heart that it is wrong. Then I met my best friend. She had an abortion when she was young. She explained her story and I felt her pain and understood. Still, it was "wrong" in my book. Then, I met another friend whose beliefs are "Its a woman's body and her right to choose." I don't know that I agree with that. Seems really out there to me. ---- But I ask, "Who am I to judge??" I'm just a woman. I've never been pregnant. I've never been faced with the choice to make. How can I judge or stand for or against this???

Most all people in this world are doing the best that they can. Everyone makes choices based upon their experiences. Until I live another's life, I don't think I can judge.

I ask, " How can I die for issues that are so complex - and have an individual side to them as well?" An Aerosmith song comes to mind....(changing the lyrics a bit [Livin On the Edge])... "If you can judge a wise woman by her decisions, Based on her individual experiences, Then mister your a wiser person than me!!!"

No dears.... I will not be dying for some "cause." There is "All Sides with Debbie Styers [Ann Fisher]." It is sad that some people cannot see another's point of view...with love in their heart and understanding in their mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : Will to Power

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Drops_Of_Jupiter wrote:
Hmmm... When I was younger, I would have "died" for many of my beliefs. But something happened.... I got a business education and grew up.

I used to see only my side of the coin, the "right" side. Now I see multiple sides and angles. Let's take the controversial topic of abortion. When younger, I knew in my heart that it is wrong. Then I met my best friend. She had an abortion when she was young. She explained her story and I felt her pain and understood. Still, it was "wrong" in my book. Then, I met another friend whose beliefs are "Its a woman's body and her right to choose." I don't know that I agree with that. Seems really out there to me. ---- But I ask, "Who am I to judge??" I'm just a woman. I've never been pregnant. I've never been faced with the choice to make. How can I judge or stand for or against this???

Most all people in this world are doing the best that they can. Everyone makes choices based upon their experiences. Until I live another's life, I don't think I can judge.

I ask, " How can I die for issues that are so complex - and have an individual side to them as well?" An Aerosmith song comes to mind....(changing the lyrics a bit [Livin On the Edge])... "If you can judge a wise woman by her decisions, Based on her individual experiences, Then mister your a wiser person than me!!!"

No dears.... I will not be dying for some "cause." There is "All Sides with Debbie Styers [Ann Fisher]." It is sad that some people cannot see another's point of view...with love in their heart and understanding in their mind.



 

___________
"Since the old God has abdicated, I shall rule the world from now on." --Nietzsche

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drops_Of_Jupiter
bowstring
bowstring


Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 56
Location : Columbus, Ohio USA

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:44 pm

Hey Babe - I appreciate the crayons [keyboard & forum.]

Did you know what makes humor, funny? LOL!!! It's the tiny degree of truth in it.

As for the helmet.... that is kind of like the old CB Rambo thing that truckers used to use. You know, you can say anything because no one knows who you are (because you are hiding behind a CB mike somewhere). I didn't pick up the helmet. You have my real name right there. I see no reason to use a helmet. LOL...I reckon I appreciate the gesture though. LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sisyphus
Path
Path


Posts : 1422
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Helmets are useful if things are dropping down from above.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : Will to Power

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:07 pm


 

___________
"Since the old God has abdicated, I shall rule the world from now on." --Nietzsche

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Drops_Of_Jupiter wrote:
Hmmm... When I was younger, I would have "died" for many of my beliefs.

""died""?

I imagine a priest on a funeral reading the last sacrament, and then saying here lies DOJ, he *wiggles fingers* "died" for his country.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drops_Of_Jupiter
bowstring
bowstring


Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 56
Location : Columbus, Ohio USA

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:

Seriously, to quote Ray Stevens "Everyone is Beautiful." Why make fun of some picture of some woman that probably has no clue your even using her picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : Will to Power

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:10 pm

I think my point was lost on you.

Beauty actually means something. Not everyone or everything is beautiful. As soon as you universalized beauty you destroyed it.

Modern leftist-liberal-PC culture of making everyone feel like a beautiful precious snowflake is fucking stupid.

 

___________
"Since the old God has abdicated, I shall rule the world from now on." --Nietzsche

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drops_Of_Jupiter
bowstring
bowstring


Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 56
Location : Columbus, Ohio USA

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
I think my point was lost on you.

Beauty actually means something. Not everyone or everything is beautiful. As soon as you universalized beauty you destroyed it.

Modern leftist-liberal-PC culture of making everyone feel like a beautiful precious snowflake is fucking stupid.

A person is born with her mother's and father's genes. She can only control so much of her physical appearance. Why make her feel less "beautiful" cause her face doesn't meet your standards of beauty? That is not only cruelty, but it is also unnecessary.

I think its sad when people look for ugliness, instead of seeing the beauty in most all of life!

Do you fear that "universal beauty" will destroy your "special beauty?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : Will to Power

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Do you even know what beauty is, and means? Do you even believe in the concept of beauty?

It seems not.

You have re-defined beauty as "whatever makes me feel good". It makes you feel bad to pass judgment on anyone for being "less beautiful", therefore you have re-defined beauty as "never feeling bad by judging anyone for being less beautiful". In the process of your aspirations to universal kindness and warm-feeling you have lost sight of reality, it seems.

You are free to go along with your female feeling of never feeling bad for judging anything in a way that might feel bad to someone else, by all means keep it up. But don't pretend what you're doing is either philosophy or has anything to do with what beauty really is.

No matter how much the feminish-leftist-liberal-politically correct paradigm doubles down on this approach, it will not change the fact that beauty means something and we are beings that respond to beauty and to what beauty indicates. No amount of warm-feeling liberalism will reverse ugliness and beauty, no matter how much you wish it could.

And of course physical beauty is connected to genes... so what? Does that somehow belie the fact that beauty is beauty? No it doesn't. Everything has a reason and cause for being what it is, including beauty and ugliness. But again, feel free to pretend that isn't the case.

 

___________
"Since the old God has abdicated, I shall rule the world from now on." --Nietzsche

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : Will to Power

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:45 pm

To me, the great ugliness is the fact that people like you have lost the ability to call ugly ugly, and beauty beauty.

It is profoundly ugly that you can no longer differentiate properly, all because it might not "feel good", or something.

 

___________
"Since the old God has abdicated, I shall rule the world from now on." --Nietzsche

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drops_Of_Jupiter
bowstring
bowstring


Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-02-03
Age : 56
Location : Columbus, Ohio USA

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Beauty means of extraordinary quality that is pleasing to the sight.

You seem to limit sight to the surface....as in skin deep. The woman's picture doesn't meet your qualifications as beautiful because you see only her face. - Sadly, this I understand. However, I believe that the motto of ..if you can't practice kindness, then nothing should be said. Can you possibly imagine having your picture being mocked and posted online like this? It is simply hurtful, unkind and cruel. - Ironically, you seem to fancy yourself as a thinker. Yet, you think nothing of being hurtful! To me, that is ugliness.

I see beauty in that woman's picture because I suspect she as seen it, has been hurt by people like you, yet...most likely goes on to live a somewhat "normal life." But in truth... we really don't know the damage those remarks under the woman's picture has caused her! - Yeah, I can look at reality. I know beauty from ugliness.

--- I read somewhere once that when a person lies to protect another's feelings, it demostrates that the person has a higher IQ than someone who doesn't, because it takes intelligence to actually consider another's feelings.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
To me, the great ugliness is the fact that people like you have lost the ability to call ugly ugly, and beauty beauty.

It is profoundly ugly that you can no longer differentiate properly, all because it might not "feel good", or something.

It doesnt feel good to the ugly, but nothing feels good to them. I mean ugly in the broad sense, like Obonko and Cloggcunt represent.
And this is the goal: to eliminate all good feelings, because some unfortunates don't have the capacity for them.
That is Socialism in a nutshell: to level with unlimited violence and intrusion all mans feelings to those of the very most miserable miscreants.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Drops_Of_Jupiter wrote:
Beauty means of extraordinary quality that is pleasing to the sight.

You seem to limit sight to the surface....as in skin deep. The woman's picture doesn't meet your qualifications as beautiful because you see only her face. - Sadly, this I understand. However, I believe that the motto of ..if you can't practice kindness, then nothing should be said.

Then you are a slave.

Quote :
Can you possibly imagine having your picture being mocked and posted online like this? It is simply hurtful, unkind and cruel. - Ironically, you seem to fancy yourself as a thinker. Yet, you think nothing of being hurtful! To me, that is ugliness.

Your mind is deformed. It's very ugly to look at. Cover it up, show some decency, slave.

That that woman is ugly is your judgment by the way, the picture doesn't say that. its all in your mind.
So not only are you ugly, you are also cruel and mean to that poor woman, and without being able to help yourself.
Your subconsciousness decides that she is ugly and has you interpret the pic like that, and then your consciousness is scared of your judgment and blammes it on T.

Sad.

Quote :
I see beauty in that woman's picture because I suspect she as seen it, has been hurt by people like you, yet...most likely goes on to live a somewhat "normal life." But in truth... we really don't know the damage those remarks under the woman's picture has caused her! - Yeah, I can look at reality. I know beauty from ugliness.

--- I read somewhere once that when a person lies to protect another's feelings, it demostrates that the person has a higher IQ than someone who doesn't, because it takes intelligence to actually consider another's feelings.    

Oh you read that, huh?
That's impressive man.
Now you have your own opinion about IQ. That's so awesome. Cherish that opinion. It's super-important, slave.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower
avatar

Posts : 3451
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : Will to Power

PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Thrasymachus wrote:
To me, the great ugliness is the fact that people like you have lost the ability to call ugly ugly, and beauty beauty.

It is profoundly ugly that you can no longer differentiate properly, all because it might not "feel good", or something.

It doesnt feel good to the ugly, but nothing feels good to them. I mean ugly in the broad sense, like Obonko and Cloggcunt represent.
And this is the goal: to eliminate all good feelings, because some unfortunates don't have the capacity for them.
That is Socialism in a nutshell: to level with unlimited violence and intrusion all mans feelings to those of the very most miserable miscreants.

Yeah, that ^

 

___________
"Since the old God has abdicated, I shall rule the world from now on." --Nietzsche

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A possible formula   

Back to top Go down
 
A possible formula
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Ethics-
Jump to: