Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the equation of god and money

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

the equation of god and money - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the equation of god and money   the equation of god and money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HJiOc-qNik

Yeah, just like that.

I don't know if I mentioned this short story here but here goes:

A Martial Arts teacher had a favorite student with hopes that the student would carry on the lineage.
The student trained hard and learned everything the Master taught him.

One day the student was feeling a little cocky and challenged the Master.

The exchange began as within one minute the student was flat on his back totally defenseless.

The Master bent down and said quietly, "I taught you everything you know. I have not yet taught you everything I know."

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: the equation of god and money   the equation of god and money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Have you ever heard of the Tai Chi master who was so good that he could only get excitement out of fighting himself in his mind? I think he said he fought a dragon - he had no equal in this world, and he only got better and better. All good arts and ethics teach a man not to resit his own strength.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: the equation of god and money   the equation of god and money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 6:37 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Have you ever heard of the Tai Chi master who was so good that he could only get excitement out of fighting himself in his mind? I think he said he fought a dragon - he had no equal in this world, and he only got better and better. All good arts and ethics teach a man not to resit his own strength.

No, hadn't heard that one. But yes, I can see the logic in that. To fight one's self is a challenge because you know your own weaknesses. You would naturally go after those weaknesses and then you would have to create defenses for those weaknesses.

I'm not sure about fighting the dragon though; Chinese dragons are pretty much peace-loving dragons, bringers of the rains and other good things.

But generally speaking, one must learn from someone who is better than we are. If we have no challenges we become complacent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the equation of god and money   the equation of god and money - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the equation of god and money
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2