'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Progression of the soul

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle

PostSubject: Progression of the soul   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:52 am

(still getting the hang of place things in the right forum...)

I tend to think all things are infinite in some manner... as such I tend to think that there is no final state to be achieved in the souls progress...(if there is a soul and all those ifs...) If there is not then we have that there will be an infinite number of progressions ahead of us as there is behind us. Thus I see no sense then in trying to progress (perhaps) because we are already at a place that is infinitely grand... so perhaps the key is learning to love what is now and what we have rather then looking for what we don't. Perhaps the flaw of human nature is seeking more when we already have it... Yet that sounds like a next level... perhaps we do not need to progress but progression is nonetheless fun or satisfying or perhaps improvement ...

"I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law." -Aristotle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
without-music
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Progression of the soul   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:57 pm

I abhor stagnancy in all things. Movement, striving, becoming, fluidity -- this is the object of my affirmation, not its opposite. But perhaps you mean that all there is is movement, becoming, in all its innocence, and so to satisfy ourselves with what we already have is precisely to affirm the primordial necessity of becoming. In any case, I believe we're on the same page with regard to infinity. I like to think of all things as goal-less processes.

Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Progression of the soul   Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:57 pm

A becoming yes
symbols are best used as in motion -
a bull, running down a hill or a monkey dangling,
these are better than atom and uncertainty-principle.
What we describe as "being" as a mental break-pedal for becoming.
Our task is to find symbols less reducing the reality of experience,
finding greater windows for the Real to manifest. Why? Because the real is already there, pressing on us, as non-entity.
This is increased as of late, with the internet has become a global un-void, an ether in which the real expresses itself as through a network.
What in fact exists is the intention behind it. All the rest is noise, the genius of technology is its invisibility. What we seek is the meaning of the Real, pressing in on us. ILP has broken down under this pressure after years of good service to translate in bits and pieces. This forum is meant to enable larger structures of meaning to come through the snow of psychological interference.

But back to Symbolism -
what are the three animals that describe what you want to do now? On which bridge over what river do you choose for this moment?
Can you see any of the old heroes before you? who are they and what attracted you to them when you were eight?
What kind of toys did you break most often? Where were your friends living? What were their names? How are the parents of your parents toward the nation you live in? What is your ancestral seal, if you have any? Symbolism keeps us from losing ourselves in the raw realness of the logical method. We can only address what is there to us. What is there to us is only what we can address. Find newer symbols, mask the truth so to make him most visible to us, - it is not nature who likes to hide, but we who must turn away from her face, terrible and beautiful to the extremities of our weakness.

We can only praise the relentless mercy of the sun with a hand to the receiving earth. We can not directly address the miracle. We have to address the fact that it is to us, who make it a miracle, we have to understand why, next to the sun, we have arisen.

The courage of those first minerals - to face the bold force of radiation in the first appearances and construe a magnification of its impact. This is not courage, this is pure strength. All life is per definition indestructible. If it is destroyed, it is no longer life.
This logic was proposed by Karl Popper to me, in the form of demarcation of certainty. Is life falsifiable? Yes, byt he condition of its death. Therefore life is not to be understood in combination with the concept death, as indeed it isn't. We dont remember the dead, we remember our own experiences.

I am sitting in a garden room next to where long ago already a cousin and good friend of mine passed away, after he somehow managed to fling himself out of the window. I am still bearing this symbolism next to me, all across me, this strangeness of passing, this momentous event of holiness, which I in my reverence for his poetry and music created into his vacuum. The vacuum of this person, unfinished, endless and infinite in his surprising growth, a God akin to a Hades flanked winged Hermes into the trumpet of inevitable glory of na infinitely alone fate in the center of genius. I have projected all my ambition in that moment on him. Finding out through the roads dwelling forward, I created a way as a void with a soul, and acquired a strength of the strange..I learned the art of ritual, which precedes the art of language.
I did not yet learn it well enough to overcome the strong resistance of the real versus our creation, reality. I did not dream aloud loud enough yet, did not convince my conscious self of my symbols. I am not alive yet.

Last edited by Fixed Cross on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Progression of the soul   Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:28 pm

This previous post is the result of a deliberately induced bout of temporary insanity. There is much nonsense here, and hardly any reason.

View user profile
saturnesque

PostSubject: Re: Progression of the soul   Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:56 am

Well I don't know how well this will fit with the spirit of the OP but evolution is definitely inevitable, and it'll keep carrying on, with us or without us. I'm speaking of evolution in the general sense, the evolution of reality itself...
So I suppose that as long as a being or a species or an entity or what-have-you is gaining something out of existence, as long as they're orientated towards finding sustainment, and, well, of course, doing a good job at it, things will continue for them. Maybe at some point, they'll kind of just dissolve into everything or nothing as they find their own kind of fulfillment... It's hard to say if there's a specific trajectory or not I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle

PostSubject: Re: Progression of the soul   Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
This previous post is the result of a deliberately induced bout of temporary insanity. There is much nonsense here, and hardly any reason.
I'll have to read it again when my muse is looking over my shoulder... there is often insight in the insane.

"I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law." -Aristotle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Progression of the soul   Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Well then I must be insane, without reason, and with much nonsense within, because I thought it was really beautiful, poignant and powerful.

Philosophy is the childhood of the intellect, and a culture that tries to skip it will never grow up."

"If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped."

Thomas Nagel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progression of the soul   

Back to top Go down

Progression of the soul
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Lodge-
Jump to: