Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CK

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

CK Empty
PostSubject: CK   CK Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 4:18 pm

I'm going to break form here and do a topic on comedian Louis CK. He needs to be interpreted.

I'm watching his recent "2017" show. It's sort of hard to even put this into words. I recommend you watch/listen to it if only to know what's popular right now. And it's interesting because I think he has crossed the threshold between satire and ideology: he used to satirize what now has become for him a pure ideology. He has bought into his own "comedy lie", and I think he has done it because he is a comedian, a profit-making machine, a worker, an "interested party" in his own product.

I've watched him for many years; he used to satirize stupid aspects of society but realized these are what get the most laughs, but not because people thought of it as satire, because they thought of it as gospel. Louis CK has made a new religion, one without a name, one that even he believes in now. And I'm not prepared to say that he is now super-satirizing in some Stephen Colbert fashion, because even Colbert was fucking around from day 1 and couldn't really believe that people bought into it... Louis CK never thought that far ahead, he simply goes where the culture laughter takes him, he doesn't really care beyond whatever sells tickets.

And it's clear from his new show that he buys it. He is now the pure face of that which he used to satirize, because he realized "hey this is reality" and never stopped to wonder if it is THE reality or just ONE reality and perspective. His fans love him therefore he became what they are. And now he satirizes satire as such, which gets the most laughs.

Yeah, fuck Louis CK. Comedy is supposed to be about reality and truth, and mocking untruth, it isn't supposed to be about absolute capitulation to the ignorance that is properly satirized on a comedy club stage. He bought the lie, so fuck him, now he has to live with it, live with untruth and madness. I hope it's everything he wanted it to be.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

CK Empty
PostSubject: Re: CK   CK Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 4:23 pm

At least Stanhope fizzled out, at least George Carlin died without ever compromising to the debased audience, at least Hicks died (but he would have never compromised, in any case). Louis CK is an abomination who now "satirizes" truth as such and in service to the most vile nonsense imaginable.. he is actually trying to mock reality as such and not just it's mockable aspects, but it's true aspects.

I used to like you, CK. Now I see that you're a sell out piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

CK Empty
PostSubject: Re: CK   CK Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Wow that 2017 show has the weakest opening ever.
Either he's particularly terrified of being killed and pissed on or he just died and sort of still exists.

Fuck him sounds disgusting. Let's just forget him.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

CK Empty
PostSubject: Re: CK   CK Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 6:30 pm

Agreed. It's sickening to see non-entity personified. And to think he sold out his kids in the process.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

CK Empty
PostSubject: Re: CK   CK Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 7:41 pm

It wouldnt surprise me now.

Sad. The guy used to be pretty good in some respects.
He was always a bit of a narcissist though, unlike Hicks and others.

Colbert is always been committed to being a solid semi-entity, or like 3/4th. He's not such a bad guy for a liberal. He makes no claim.
Jon Stewart, what do you make of him?
David Letterman was very cool because precisely he never spoke out on politics. He can thank god or his own wits that he grew a beard and away from the public eye before he started commenting on the government.
And then there's Bill Maher. I remember seeing his show first in Moscow on HBO, where it was the only thing not absurdly badly made.
I enjoyed it tremendously and thought I had a solid tv program I could watch. But with some viewings I got bored by hos predictable quasi conservativist morality that is actually completely liberal.
What happened when he said he was the 'housenigger' was interesting.
Because that wasnt hypocritical.  Pezer made me thoroughly aware last summer of how utterly intolerable it is for a black person to hear that word out of a non black mouth. I totally understand, and accept that as fact now. I cant say that word, even though itll escape me in 'yeah nigga!' sometimes in a certain context, Ill definitely not let that happen when there is a black person around. That word is indeed owned by the ones that used to be addressed with it.
When a black person calls a white person 'my nigga' that's intimate, but it cant be said back.
That Ice Cube came on and stuff was some interesting tv, it was the first relevant thing the liberals did since before Trump announced.
I mean its nothing great, its a matter of sad things, but it was truthful, a lesson was conveyed.
In this sense I think all of us look to the comedians for what's possible on the left. Obama is, of course, predominantly a comedian. A brilliant one, truly.

poz6W0znOfk

Trump is funny too. But he's no comedian, just a jester. He doesnt write his jokes, he doesnt have his jokes written for him, he's not a performer, he's a leader that's ruling in an age of cynicism. He manages to 'speak of great things either with cynicism or innocence', as Nietzsche would have had it.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

CK Empty
PostSubject: Re: CK   CK Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Stewart is partisan souldeath, Colbert is like Stewart's little demon muse. Both are funny sometimes, but still. I agree with Styx that the left has lost comedy, once they sided up with status quo liberalism and its PC "culture" comedy became impossible for them. Now all thy can do is crack a joke about Reublicans wanting to steal babies or something stupid, while everyone knows it's bullshit because every point they make at one politics side applies equally to the other. And of course they never once made a joke about Obama.

Now we know that Shillery was feeding scripts to Colbert for Bill's appearance on his show. Lol.

I don't know anything about "nigger" and I don't really care. I would probably never see a reason to use that word, but neither do I accept one "race" owns it. It's just a fucking word. People need to get over themselves.

Bill Maher just sucks. Sorry but he does. Why anyone watches him will forever perplex me. Never been a fan of Letterman either, the guy is pure banality with weird glasses.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

CK Empty
PostSubject: Re: CK   CK Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Did you hear the hysterical cheering from the audience when CK said "I think women should be allowed to kill babies"? This wasn't laughter in response to a joke, it was applause of support and agreement. These cunts actually feel that way.

CK: "Women give birth so they should be able to decide if it lives or not."

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away. This is indeed a religion he is perpetuating. Long gone are the days of George Carlin and Bill Hicks. The sole purpose of "leftist" comedy is now nothing more than to make non-entities feel good about themselves.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

CK Empty
PostSubject: Re: CK   CK Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 10:57 am

To be fair, Carlin and Hicks were hardly comedic geniuses either. My left leaning friends used to love them, they bore me. Letterman entertains me, he makes no written jokes. Obama is the best at delivering written jokes. It's basically his only standout quality.

CK also compared giving birth to taking a shit. The audience seemed to enjoy that, too.
Again, a symptom of the will to death. Every notion that debases life and biology is enjoyed like a lullaby.

I think the purpose of all modern comedy is to just 'keep talking' so that no painful silences will ever fall and force people to get a bit more serious. This is why comedy is failing now, on the left people crave simply bloodsport, beheadings, and CK tries to give them that, and on the right, people just need to watch the left to see the absurdest dark comedy of all time.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

CK Empty
PostSubject: Re: CK   CK Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 11:04 am

I consider Carlin and Hicks to be comedic geniuses, and I never once laughed at anything Letterman said. Just different comedic tastes I suppose. I've also never laughed at anything Obama said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CK Empty
PostSubject: Re: CK   CK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Interpretation-
Jump to: