Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Will to Power as psychological subjective method

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Will to Power as psychological subjective method Empty
PostSubject: Will to Power as psychological subjective method   Will to Power as psychological subjective method Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 2:43 am

As Parodites pointed out to me, all metaphysics raise up a single image of the perfection or Totality by which everything, and I mean everything, is then reinterpreted back in terms of that Totality and single Idea. Nietzsche's will to power is perhaps the best-yet formulation of a metaphysical idea, probably because Nietzsche reverses traditional metaphysics and kills God, therefore finds the will to power as the last remaining metaphysically-possible notion. Metaphysics works because it gives us a means of catharsis and freedom over what had formerly limited or blinded us, as how I've talked about how free will is simply a kind of determinism that is capable of surpassing those causes which, prior to a given threshold of freedom attained, would have acted as absolutist causes and blinders for us but now by virtue of this new freedom (deeper more complex determinism, our minds, understanding, emotional catharsis, etc.) can be either suppressed or parsed out and dispersed this compelling cause power over us.

It may be the case that there is no possible higher metaphysic than the notion of will to power. In this case the will to power is the metaphysic of all metaphysics. For me this is very useful right now because it gives me extreme objectivity, catharsis, freedom, and the ability to synthesize contrasting and different perspectives in thought and emotion within myself. But to what end? My own self-valuing, edification and sanity, surely. These are very good ends for me or for anyone else, and the will to power is therefore justified as a psychological subjective method over probably all other metaphysics ideas and systems.

Interestingly, the form and type and scope of "freedom, catharsis, edification, etc." to be had by any one metaphysical method or idea depends entirely on that idea itself, on its content and formulation, on its 'meaning'. New and different types of humans develop under new and different metaphysics. Nietzsche did not go beyond metaphysics, as he thought, rather he found the "metaphysic to end all metaphysics". This isn't "bad" per se in so far as metaphysics is useful and still necessary, or at least in so far as an individual person such as myself finds far more meaning and value in this one "final metaphysic" than in any other competing metaphysical ideas or systems.

But is this really the end of philosophy? Parodites says no, and shows how we can go even further than even the best possible metaphysics. I am going to keep my will to power method for now, while also trying to move toward the truly "post-metaphysical" method that Parodites has created. I will continue to use and value Nietzsche and the will to power until such time as I find and encounter something that cannot be beneficially reinterpreted or used within the WtP/Nietzschean frame. So WtP/Nietzscheanism is something I posit for my own gain, a self-value in a purest sense. It is unclear to me how to live as a psychological subjective selfed entity without at least some sort of "metaphysical" grounding. Perhaps the perfected philosophy (Parodites' work) is still too new to have yet created a corresponding psychological subjective type and 'self' able to embody that philosophy in and as an individual human being.

It seems that his notion of mens heroica, or maybe the eroto-daemonic, hold the key to how to surpass all metaphysical need on all levels of our being. I'm not there yet, but can intuit the way forward.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Will to Power as psychological subjective method   Will to Power as psychological subjective method Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 5:39 am

Nicely done. I actually like it.

Personally, I have stated on occasion that I am the center of my universe and,

I place value based on it usefulness/uselessness to me.

No other valuing is needed.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Will to Power as psychological subjective method   Will to Power as psychological subjective method Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 1:33 pm

If I am honest I can only express undiluted joy at this, T -
I could go on about VO and how it does things for philosophy beyond the WtP but this is not correct, as VO is a way of applying the WtP metaphysics to all the constructs of reason we can come up with - it is itself a form of WtP, the will to power of someone who was willing into the will to power principle.

In as far as where philosophy can enter the ground beyond metaphysics, Pezer is always sharp on this at the other side, where we don't encounter the commanding firmament of Parodites - he sees VO as a means to dissolve ontology back into the earth.

Earth, this is to what the daemonic process would amount qua humanity, rather than what it amounts to in its original genius, to which only one Man can and needs attest.
Our psyches decrypted into the world through finalizing the Will to Power qua philosophy -
to me it is already clear since we started that this is a worldly task. But the worldly can only be successfully engaged by the comprehensive psychology. The mens heroica is the mind that has turned entirely towards its ground - the heroic act is itself the relinquishing of metaphysics - but qua humanity this can only be done in worldly terms, in accomplishment of a certain type - the type that brought about metaphysics - philosophers, us.

The time is coming when politics will have a different meaning.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Will to Power as psychological subjective method   Will to Power as psychological subjective method Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 12:54 am

I basically am pleased to see you mixed up in this as your will to power is so raw. It fits.
To say, Nietzsche would not be indifferent about your friendship.

He might nod and say Also, jetzt geht's los.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: Will to Power as psychological subjective method   Will to Power as psychological subjective method Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Nietzsche is a true friend to each of us, yes.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Will to Power as psychological subjective method   Will to Power as psychological subjective method Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will to Power as psychological subjective method   Will to Power as psychological subjective method Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will to Power as psychological subjective method
Page 1 of 1