Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Philosophy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Philosophy  Empty
PostSubject: Philosophy    Philosophy  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 10:50 am

Philosophy is the search for truth for its own sake, called love of wisdom, and makes use of how truth impresses itself upon us in an intimate psychological sense. Truth “feels good” because it opens us up to more existential being, we become more clear to ourselves so that even if truths themselves are painful to us we still experience them as freeing and pleasurable.

One thing that philosophy is not is a compensation for psychological failures. Philosophy (infusion of truth) does not merely compensate for these errors, it solves them. To compensate means to not solve. To solve means to refuse to compensate for. I see many self-described philosophers online or self-described intellectuals in real life who are obviously using truth as compensation for ways in which they are already imbalanced; they quite literally prop up something about themselves with their intellectualism and scope of knowledge, and one way you can tell is that these people not only have no discretion but must always assert themselves and their knowledge against others, drawing other people into implied debates and forcing them to agree or disagree with something.

These people are using “philosophizing” to compensate for their persona lack of will to power when it comes to their ambitions for that same will to power— their will to power is inadequate to itself, it cannot satisfy its own condition of action and success, therefore the gap is sublimated through the psychological personality and any truth seeking that occurs must always satisfy that half-sublimated self. Such people simply cannot help using their knowledge to compensate for their lack of success with regard to their values, because they cannot use that same knowledge to actually solve anything in the puzzle of themselves. Thus also this “philosophizing” sits atop a particular tectonic threshold below which it cannot access any contents, therefore such people as this are always unable to push their thinking beyond a certain point and even end up seeking ideological positions that justify this failure in terms of some emotional rationale, for example “liberalism”.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

Philosophy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Philosophy    Philosophy  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Very nice. I unconsciously had already came to that conclusion a long time ago. I pretty much ended my search for wisdom from philosophers.

Love of wisdom, not love of knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Philosophy
Page 1 of 1