Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it) Empty
PostSubject: NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it)   NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 3:03 am

Actual examples I heard in one single short listening segment:

1) story about AT&T merger, the reporter right in the middle of the story said “and this sort of thing is important because for example Trump has personal connections to high level Russians, and we deserve to know about that”. The comment literally had nothing to do with the story itself, nothing, and was not elaborated further.

2) story about fake news, reporter says “fake news caused a deranged man to open fire in a pizza shop because he believed in a secret child trafficking ring connected to Hilary Clinton, which does not exist”. Wait, what? “Which does not exist”, she actually said that. How the fuck could you possibly know whether or not it exists? You can’t prove a negative here, and there hasn’t even been an investigation that piled up a lot of evidence on the side of it being unreal.

3) same story about fake news, “and there are still some Americans who actually believe 9/11 was an inside job. What do we do to combat the negative effects of all this fake news?”

Haha. Also it helps to remember that these “people” are reading from scripts, and they have no idea who wrote the script. They just get paid to read it and make it sound informal/spontaneous. These “reporters” are actors.

Don’t believe me? Turn on NPR sometime and see for yourself. It is absolutely the worst of all fake news.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it)   NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 3:07 am

Probably because it’s entirely government run, NPR is the most Orwellian of all fake news (propaganda) outlets. It really feels like you are in 1984 when you listen to it. I used to appreciate some of their human interest stories, but no more. Why do we tolerate our taxes paying for state run propaganda so an actor can read a script of lies to us in the voice of a flaccid pretentious academic? Defund this garbage now.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it)   NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 7:21 am

I don't knw how NPR was able to become so politically based. Likely they were pressured into it with threat of ending funding. Of course, Trump could do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it)   NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NPR really is the worst propaganda (Trump should defund it)
Page 1 of 1