Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'
 
HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

 

 Will to Power

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 am

Pezer, you pedestrian, laziness isn't philosophy.


Or: if you're making jokes, make good jokes. I just got up for christ sakes.
Have some decency.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 am

Was gonna just leave, but I'm quitting cigarettes to-day, and I need an outlet. The hating fullfills the smoke's role. I'll take some more, please.

I guess I can't go on about will to power anymore. None of my entries into the subject have been addressed. Cared for, haha...

My 4th year philosophy teacher taught me cogito ergo sum. Then I read Nietzsche talk about it, I think maybe in Beyond Good and Evil. Wtf is wrong with you, dog?

Sisyphus: the answer to the questión what matters? Is infinite. There's one thing I agree with Capable about: will to power is not really the work. But it is the key to the work. What it unlocks is really era defining.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 11:13 am

I read y'all some subforum some time ago wondering whether there was philosiphical value to drugs.

Drugs violate the law that nothing wanted can be attained. They actually directly satisfy the urge for them. This is because they don't opperate on things, on power, but on will to power itself. It shifts what matters.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 11:17 am

What “law” that “nothing wanted can be attained”? What does that even mean?

Stop reading Lacan and Zizek, they’re fucking you up.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 11:19 am

Also there is a reason they cover cogito ergo sum in Phil 101 courses: because it’s retarded.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 am

Pezer wrote:
My 4th year philosophy teacher taught me cogito ergo sum. Then I read Nietzsche talk about it, I think maybe in Beyond Good and Evil. Wtf is wrong with you, dog?

Lol sure man.
Begone, slave.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Look, I'll come straight. I'm not in any position to achieve great things in philosophy, politics or anything. All this posturing was just reflex.

I just wanted to talk about will to power. My position of not being able to do anything with it doesn't preclude my enjoying talking about it. I guess I had cemented something of a position here where I am expected to help the effort, so no one is going to indulge my just wanting to shoot the shit (but shoot it at high levels). So I won't try that anymore here.

I'm doing ok. Not too worried about my future in terms of survival and even enjoyment.

Good luck guys. I'll probably drop by some time again. Try my luck.

Catch you all on the flip side.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 pm

I like honesty much more than posturing. Im gad you took the message. And very glad you're doing ok survival wise. I was fucking worried when you threw yourself in the hands of Christians, criminals, lunatics. That was graceless of you to do. But not dying was graceful. More than most who choose that path can say.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 12:41 pm

"Useful" in Darwinian biology means what has proved advantageous in the struggle with others. But it seems to me a sense of growth, a sense of becoming stronger, quite apart from any advantage to be gained from the struggle, is true progress: it is from this alone that the desire to struggle arises.

--- Friedrich Nietzsche, The Will to Power.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Yes. And also a section from the new book I’m working on, that is relevant here,


The notion of exchange is the key idea when it comes to ontoepistemology: exchange is merely the representation or symbolization of the fact of spacetime, the fact that differences in distance exist between points in space and points in time. Einstein equated space and time, brought them together and said there is no real difference between them; this is true, all that truly matters are the distances. Distances between points in space, in time, distances in history, in culture, distances in the soul... and every distance is nothing more than a geography upon which exchange becomes possible. We see this obviously in the natural world and in economics, but it is also the case in every other domain and area of existence.

Distances exist, and points develop along these distances which points cannot be reconciled to one another, and even more so these points form meta-relations between other points distant from themselves which other points fall along quantitatively and qualitatively different lines of difference, different kinds of differences... this is pure irreducible tectonics. Points then come to be exchanged or to form relations between each other, meta-relations that stack and built upward without end. An infinity quickly develops between relating points among line-differences of differing quality and quantity, an exponential and self-feeding curve that mathematically coheres what we know of as reality, as existence as such and from this building limitless geometry, most of which exists only in potentia, come what we call logic, reason, material and the natural laws.

There must be a separate logical framework underlying the points-differences themselves, but it is still impossible for us to find it because we do not even know that such a tectonics exists, as deeply hidden and buried within existence as it is... as massively distant from us it is (read “massively” as both applying to the scale of the distance itself amongst these various tectonics as well as applying to the fact that these distances, both individually and in sum, actually do become “massive” as in: formulating matter, mass, substance, thickness, a kind of “physicality” through which we would actually need to move in a tangible immediate sense if we are ever to approach and understand the deepest logical frameworks of existence).

But regardless of that, we know that such frameworks exist and I’m quite comfortable understanding them in terms of VO. Rather the concept of WtP simply cannot keep pace here, because WtP is literally nothing more than a linguistic-symbolic stand-in idea for the fact of the tectonic super-framework that I outlined above and which is usually what people mean, indirectly and without knowing it, when they speak of “existence” or “reality”. The WtP aims to consolidate existence into one kind of relation, a basic exchange-factor; that is fine because such raw quantums of exchange do indeed exist, but the WtP does not either 1) explain or show us how it actually works in application within any specific fields of application, 2) why it is itself logically necessary (although Nietzsche does do some work in this direction, and I agree that it does spring from a necessity), or 3) why there could not also be other quanta of basic exchange. Why is the WtP supposed to be the only, the universal, the singular foundational logic? Nietzsche never says, because he never actually explores alternate ideas for how to construct universal modifiers like would be the case along different sorts of exchange-parameters and within different kinds and degrees, “metas”, of tectonics.

WtP exists, certainly, and it certainly is highly relevant. It has substance as a reality and as an idea, it means something. No one is disputing that. But not even Nietzsche [much less you Pezer, or anyone else] had shown why we ought to just stop there and declare an end to all ontological-epistemological speculation, work and building in the eidos or merely surface image of a metaphysics. The Eternal Return was Nietzsche’s recapitulation of religion, but he didn’t even adapt this idea he just borrowed it and transferred it directly, unchanged; he didn’t exchange it with anything, therefore it became nothing more than a dead stop in his quest for Being.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Similarly we must keep exchanging our ideas with other ideas, which requires discourse with other people. Namely BTL and philosophy generally.

That is all this whole thing is, vast exchange-sequences. In the exchangings we produce-create new substance, new being/s that move into the world around us and also move into the world within us, and eventually work themselves irretrievably in there. Most people hate this sort of thing by instinct because it involves a lot of pain, uncertainty, loss of personal control (at least temporarily and at first), and basically just requires a lot of effort and energy. People tend to be lazy, that is natural as preservation of our body’s and brain’s energy reserves; it is conservative, all of nature and life are conservative at base, but nonetheless excess spills over the edges and re-enlivens back into the core the truer instances of being, truth, fact, as experience in the most immediate sense and that therefore also most directly mobilized us in pleasure, joy, euphoria, etc. That is all that “youth” really means to me now, the fact that these re-enlivening loops of excess remainder aren’t stifled from feeding back into the core. Truly chaotic (chaos-theory) results obtain from this, of which the idea-experience of novelty and its vital importance to the happy functioning of our consciousness is a psychologically analogue of the basic ontoepistemic setup I’m outlining here.

Will to power can basically be taken to mean this entire setup that I outline above, and if that is the case then obviously I’m in agreement. I like the will to power, it healed me about a year ago or 6 months ago when I really needed it to. I’ll never abandon it as a principle or idea and I’m always finding new intricacies and applications for it; but equating the will to power with either philosophy as such or with existence/Being as such, with truth, is just silly. And it is quite clear or me that self-valuing is of an exponentially higher order of thought than is WtP, evidenced also in the fact that self-valuing led to a systematic development culminating in and as Value Ontology while for Nietzsche there was never any similar systematic developing from will to power to a kind of “Power-Will Ontology”. This glaring absence is one reason for a lot of fucked up shit we see in the world and in philosophy, or at least it contributes to that, because people or theories are always trying to fill in that void and always failing to coherently manifest something that can actually do that, that might actually stabilize the WtP-as-idea into a larger universalizing systemstic machine.

VO came about naturally from the insight of self-valuing, and Parodites’ system also I believe came about naturally from the insight of excess and daemonism. There is just no corresponding philosophy-system that Nietzsche produces. Hence one reason why the impact of his philosophy still lends itself so well to postmodernist deconstruction decadence and last-man-ish nonsense, to pure destruction without reason; because he sees into the ends of beings, but he doesn’t then develop a response and answer to those very future questions that are proposed. And they are questions because they are residing in the future: we learn them in advance therefore we create the implicit logic of being able to deal with them before the fact of them, to preemptively alter them according to some other criteria or “will”. Nietzsche was woeful here, unfortunately. He knew the right questions, some of them anyway, but he didn’t really care about finding the answers. So he was far more Socratic than he would have liked.... as anti-system builders, Nietzsche and Socrates are nearly on par with one another. They left the work of buidling systems out of their ideas to other, lesser minds, which caused humanity to devolve into lower order cycles of its historical progression over time than otherwise would have been the case.

But luckily there is now Parodites, and Fixed, and myself. And Pezer.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:


Decartations, Descartations.


And there are some people who are but don't seem to think at all.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Thinking is very dangerous. Thinking and caring at once is even the most dangerous thing. Thats why they call it philosophy. You have to love wisdom, she's no easy bitch that'll suck and take money.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Pezer wrote:


Sisyphus: the answer to the questión what matters? Is infinite. There's one thing I agree with Capable about: will to power is not really the work. But it is the key to the work. What it unlocks is really era defining.

I will go along with the infinitude of "what matters". Approximately 16 million species of life on the planet and each species has its ow matters as well as different individuals with those species.

And I also agree that "will to power" is a mental attitude. It's not the work. But it can drive us to do the work.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 pm

Pezer wrote:
I read y'all some subforum some time ago wondering whether there was philosiphical value to drugs.

Drugs violate the law that nothing wanted can be attained. They actually directly satisfy the urge for them. This is because they don't opperate on things, on power, but on will to power itself. It shifts what matters.

Leave the fucking drugs alone!
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 8:50 pm

There are 7 billion people that will reward indifference. The rest, the remainder, the .001 percent, won't. This is their turf.
Gambling goes the other way. Deflationary tactics. Ive foreseen it all.

S - I was glad to see you say "don't we all, we who care" -  I think this is the true recognition of what N had coursing through his veins.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 pm

Pezer wrote:

I just wanted to talk about will to power. My position of not being able to do anything with it doesn't preclude my enjoying talking about it. I guess I had cemented something of a position here where I am expected to help the effort, so no one is going to indulge my just wanting to shoot the shit (but shoot it at high levels). So I won't try that anymore here.
The will to power is mental masturbation. That is all. To get things done we must get up off our ass and devout resources to the goal.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
"Useful" in Darwinian biology means what has proved advantageous in the struggle with others. But it seems to me a sense of growth, a sense of becoming stronger, quite apart from any advantage to be gained from the struggle, is true progress: it is from this alone that the desire to struggle arises.

--- Friedrich Nietzsche, The Will to Power.

I like that and agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Thinking is very dangerous. Thinking and caring at once is even the most dangerous thing. Thats why they call it philosophy. You have to love wisdom, she's no easy bitch that'll suck and take money.

Yeah, most people, when first attempting philosophy, go into denial and that's the end of it. Can't look at themselves in an unaltered mirror.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:

S - I was glad to see you say "don't we all, we who care" -  I think this is the true recognition of what N had coursing through his veins.

Yep. And Nietzsche saw this. Most of the people he was trying to talk to felt very comfortable with their herd mentality. Why change positions if you are already comfortable?
Back to top Go down
Elaia
bowstring
bowstring
Elaia


Posts : 21
: 25
Join date : 2012-09-27
Age : 44
Location : Amsterdam

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:21 am

Pezer wrote:
Was gonna just leave, but I'm quitting cigarettes to-day, and I need an outlet. The hating fullfills the smoke's role. I'll take some more, please.

I guess I can't go on about will to power anymore. None of my entries into the subject have been addressed. Cared for, haha...

The tragedy may be that the one post that addressed your entries into the subject was too "long" for you to read. (Not saying this is the case, i.e., that none of the other posters addressed those things or that my post did address them--though it does seem to me that I picked up on something I didn't see addressed, and I do care: I seemed to recognise something in what you wrote that I have deep recent personal experience with, and that is indeed the emptiness about will to power, the nihility about self-valuing. My electrician and a colleague of mine quite smoking thanks to Chantix, by the way--though that's based off an anti-depressant, so I don't know if you should take it.)

Here's something I told a contact of mine about my last mushroom trip:

Quote :
My trip went well, you might say it wasn't strong enough because I didn't go "bad" at all. It was very intuitive, and its theme was "space", as in "room" (though also as in "outer space"). I now think my big question, why should a philosopher become political, is basically the same as "why should a God create a world?"

Which doesn't mean I now "have" the answer! Anyway, I also thought: there may be countless universes besides ours, and there may be countless planets within ours with "human" intelligence on them, but _we don't know that_... and therefore we should care about the preservation of man (though by bringing him back to the Stone Age in numbers and technology, if necessary!)

But after a while, when I'd turned on the heater, which meant the Kit couldn't lie on it, I coaxed him into my lap and "we" watched pictures of him in his infancy.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Sauw I did read the texts you posted, and I’m not surprised no one commented on them. They’re incredibly annoying to read, dry, pretentious, academic, and entirely obvious. Just kids level stuff, really. “This is that, that is this thing, this here means this over here....”

We are working on mountain tops here, forging new worlds into existence. Tldr is an annoying response to an annoying post, although I won’t tldr because that’s not how I am. I will simply respond to what has merit, whatever builds with me.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 12:41 pm

I think the reason why no one responded is also that the text wasn't written for this thread. That is not a sign of great involvement, and neither is the remark that it was the only post that addressed Pezers concern. I think, by the way, Pezers concern here was simply to brawl a bit, to test. But in as far as the (illusion of) nihility of the will to power is an issue, do you really think S, that I did not address that?

The WtP is only a nihility-bringing theory if ones world is empty to begin with
this is the selecting procedure. One can not accept VO or WtP if ones world is a desert.

Got some nice feedback from Pezer on the music. These are relevant issues, non-nihilly will to power.




Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Your music is the future of rap creating itself in the present.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Also it isn't mine alone, its futurity is in what seed is in it, this multiplicity of wisdom now. The music came as a necessary will and imagination, out of the apartment of Pezer where only genius or nothing could exist. I call the orthogonal alley the death valley alley on account of the heat of walking through it, the months that part of the city were part of my life were extremely hot. Also it was extremely struggle-worthy and the only way out was up into the unthinkable; that part of the postmodern world which is actually pretty awesome. Hiphop. I was humble before it as of course, but I knew there was only one justification to the jungle - take it seriously. I knew in my soul there were disasters to be averted but hey, what else is new. So we wrote lyrics about the abyss and partying on top of it. Dangling from the cliffs like a buncha apes with champagne. The abyss is humanity, of course. We are constantly threatening to plunge into it, and then rising like genies in smoke to fulfill wishes from above like apes in trees and indicative of the moon hovering above the abyss in which these peons live. New Athens I sensed it in all the bad apples, all the treadmill cattle, all the fat shit blasphemed, all of it gaseous and spongy like bad schemes I eat nothing before breakfast I sleep I bleed demons.

We've been to the edge - yeah if I describe the path we took, yes. There isn't a further point that modernity can offer.
Now expanding this we get a crew, with you and Pezer, of testing reality as you are both rappers. Its not really strange to do that with music, its what its for. Become what you are, plunge to earth like a star and pass by like a star and see earth plunge very far down like being.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Will to Power - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Will to Power
Back to top 
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Men are will to power, Women are power
» A Thought on Will to Power / Power
» Power
» Will Is Power
» Towards right apprehension of power

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Interpretation :: Nietzsche Campfire-
Jump to: