Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'
 
HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

 

 Will to Power

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 12:43 am

So we see clearly the derivation of how-why Nietzsche’s statement about the last man lives longest is correct: the leftist-Marxist, post-modern deconstruction globalist blah blah paradigm has inverted the meaning of war to the point where war can no longer serve its natural function of reinvigorating a society that has lost its sufficiency of giving a fuck, because war is now being used in these post-colonial times as a means of sustaining goo-levels and of preventing the totalizing of the collective substance of our karmic aeon. Thus the last man can never succeed in his aims, because war does not ultimately work in the way he wants it to work, but also thus the last man will die the slowest death because he has perverted the last and surest means to curing himself, namely war.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 8:27 am

Shit, I gotta say, all this is beyond me. I just heard "war in the first world could be good" and the malandro instincts bred in me thrpuhj years of sharing rehab with stone warm killers got activated.

I just wanted to discuss will to power. There is a lot of fun to be had with it, for I think we disagree on it on important levels.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 9:53 am

Europe is a good example of what I meant. Western and probably northern Europe too are decaying for lack of their people giving a fuck. I am sure Fixed can speak more to this with what he has seen there, how things have changed over the last decade or so.

So this Europe is flirting with war, cultivating a greater need for war, simply because of the natural logic of how these societies' peoples are allowing things to degenerate to a dangerously low level. Macron, Murkhell, May, the EU, virtually unlimited third world migration of poor ultra-religious medieval non-western peoples into Europe... and so many other shit I don't even know about. All of the moralists, those like the Nazis who "fought against decadence", the religious zealots, the more radical nationalists and "alt right", these people are just reactions and signs of this deeper logic. They are instantiating that logic through their naive desires to fight decadence; really all they are doing is shouting "you should give a fuck!" But of course most of those people shouting are equally as tragically stupid and ideological-nonsensical as those who are degenerating. As goes that Robert Frost poem, you can degenerate, you can not give a fuck, as either fire or ice.

So war is just a reset from all that, and ultimately one side or another, one party or another, one nation or another is going to serve as the focal point for that war. It doesn't really matter who ends up warring against whom, so long as the degenerated/dying places are personally involved.

The US has its problems with this too, with decay as not giving a fuck, but I think the US will be fine. Yeah sure, a lot of people here voted for the Shill, but I think the US has enough substance and depth and diversity and earthy funk to sustain this as an active daemonic that never quite tips over into dangerously fatal levels of not giving a fuck. I worry more about Europe.

. . .

Back to the will to power,

"If one needs to accept or affirm it, one misses the point. Will to power brings nothing new to the table in terms of what is there. It just points to the place where caring about what is there begins.

If I don't care about it, if it doesn't matter, it is not there. Thus a person that has evolved to caring about things that don't matter to others will have created something that thosr others will not see. The genesis of it is that it matters. But what matters about it is not it in itself, but that it matters."

I am interested in how you are linking meaning as such to the will to power. I don't quite understand it yet though. Are you using the will to power to symbolize the very core and kernel of meaning, the "it matters because it matters to someone", and that is basically what you are saying the will to power means? That's a cool interpretation. If we are not to abandon Nietzsche here then we must say that this "caring about stuff", this "means something because it means something to someone" logic is willing-to-power, is what the will to power reduces to. I can get on board with that, because VO also says something very similar, namely VO reduces the will to power to self-valuing, and self-valuing is very close to what you are describing with 'the logic of giving a fuck' as i'll call it.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 am

In the event no one has noticed, my understanding of "The Will To Power" links very well with my Anarchist mentality.

Things that matter to me. Yes, that expresses it well. Institutions suck!
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 11:42 am

C - yes. It appears to me that what P is saying is no different from what VO is saying. Activity, i.e. existence, is partial and is nothing besides this partiality. This goes a long way to explain why people imagine objectivity at the end of the tunnel.

P - You say we disagree, but Ive never seen where. I mainly disagree with you that we disagree. But I know you insist on it since a long time. I can be nice and arrogant about that: people that love Nietzsche can't handle, usually, that I got to the end of Nietzsche first. But thats too bad, as I did get there first and I sure as hell claim ownership of his heritage. I.e. I claim to give the greatest and most significant fuck.

C - there is a divide here. Many people who do not live in shitholes like Amsterdam do give great fucks. Where I am now, the harbour town of the Vikings, living over the river, people here do give a fuck. And thus, their city is relatively uncorrupted. So it is with many other smaller hubs, just like in the US, the smaller hubs voted Trump in office while the deathzone-cities voted for the most fermented cunt in bio-history. I.e. the smaller communities voted against war against Russia, the bigger ones for it. Instinctively they are pushing for their own perishing. This is why there can be no reconciliation but only victory. But the war can't be fought out with arms except if it goes to total civil war which will last a thousand years. Europe is rough. A lot rougher than other parts of the world except East-Asia. It has had so many more wars and its people have been terrified much more thoroughly.


The last war in the first world was the bombing of Belgrade in the 90's by Bill Clinton. Was it good? No doubt people liked the flashes on tv.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 11:47 am

Right, as Styx was saying these millennials like war when it’s drones doing it in some foreign land and the President happens to be a Democrat. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 11:52 am

Well, civil war won't necessarily last for a thousand years. It will be waged, naturally, between muslim groups and European groups, and the state will be assisting both in total scheming confusion.

If it erupts, it may erupt under two different conditions: either the muslims hold out the first years or they don't. If they don't they will be annihilated in Europe and once that is done, the Europeans, Trumpians and the Chinese will conspire and take over the ME, fulfilling the islamic "end of times" prophecy.
If they do hold out, Europe will simply be transformed into one large "barrio".
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 11:55 am

Thrasymachus wrote:
Right, as Styx was saying these millennials like war when it’s drones doing it in some foreign land and the President happens to be a Democrat. Lol.

Yes exactly. Like that unbelievable comment I got on Facebook from a liberal from Washington state, who said that Trumps arm gestures were the proof the death of empathy in our society, and in the same breath said that Isis cooking children as a direct result of Obolkocloint was "unfortunate but just survival".

Weirdly I like that girl as a person, but her political stance is as depraved as anything Ive ever seen. I did decide to cease my communications with her when I read that. It is the most perversely decadent egoism Ive come across.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 12:05 pm

To understand Europe and War, all one needs to do is read Caesar, and read about Roman campaigns and early colonization of the continent. It is not different now, just 2000 years down the line. We have had literally hundreds of wars in the same vein since then and the usurping of Serbia and Croatia by nazi/to was just the most recent event in that timeline.

Putin, Europes leader, is to thank for the possibility of victory at the head this long line of wars. Trump has made this possibility a lot more concrete.

What victory looks like I can't say in public, but a study of my writing on this subject the past years will give a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Back to the Will to Power as a concept.
All here seem to have a pretty good grasp of what it means, it is the way reality is identified in the terms whereby it must be engaged.

I think it is fair to say that I am the first to draw the full conclusion of it. Namely, to start an organization based purely on the logic of it. Power sets goals. I.e. I am the first reader of Nietzsche to have enough power to read him so as to draw the proper conclusion. This is the selection principle.

What is crucial to the absolute is that power only organizes in terms of taste. Nothing else is deep, strong or rugged enough to handle the dynamics of power and bind them.

Hence, the Philosophers Clan and the Jupiter Calendar, and the other things I have brought into being. And the things Capable has brought into being, too. It may all seem like a modest start with a lot of failure, but it stands, and it is the only standard in this world that is ahead of the political and financial curves. It just is.

We are now half-way the years I allocated in 2011 for the preparation of new laws. I have said then that the world would turn to chaos and new beginnings of a sane order would be emerging. That is all happening as I said it would. And it will all proceed as I said it will.

Bottom line: anyone who talks about the will to power but not about his will to power is in categorical error.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:23 pm

"I claim to give the greatest and most significant fuck."

Here is a nice one. There are no -est or most in will to power. There is no final or supreme anything. That would take the point away from it as genesis. Will to power would only be a vehicle to a thing. Will to power is only a vehicle to will to power.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 pm

I'll be honest Sysiphus, your statement was confusing.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Not it matters because it matters to someone: it exists because it matters.

But it doesn't matter that it exists. Existence is superfluos. It matters that it matters.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:46 pm

There is no it matters without an it matters to someone.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:49 pm

I don't know that I am someone. I was taught that like words. But I know that things matter. That requires no mediation for me to know.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross


Posts : 7305
: 8690
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:40 am

Pezer wrote:
"I claim to give the greatest and most significant fuck."

Here is a nice one. There are no -est or most in will to power. There is no final or supreme anything. That would take the point away from it as genesis. Will to power would only be a vehicle to a thing. Will to power is only a vehicle to will to power.

I would call that a Socialist statement. So you are right, we do disagree.


Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:57 am

Well... That really wasn't as much fun as I anticipated.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:58 am

Pezer wrote:
I'll be honest Sysiphus, your statement was confusing.

No worry. Sometimes I confuse myself.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:02 am

Pezer wrote:
Not it matters because it matters to someone: it exists because it matters.

But it doesn't matter that it exists. Existence is superfluos. It matters that it matters.

Yep. Existence is. If there were no one to care then it wouldn't matter.

But as there is physical reality and "I am" there are some things that matter "to me". Most of us will have things that matter in our life. Therefore we attend to those things that matter and in the most part ignore those things that do not matter.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path



Posts : 1647
: 1649
Join date : 2016-08-06
Location : Florida

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:05 am

Pezer wrote:
Well... That really wasn't as much fun as I anticipated.

But we're not done yet. I don't know what it was that I said that caused you to be confused by my words. Perhaps if you speak to the words I used I would be able to clarify.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:18 am

I don't know... Something about your anarchist mindset and institutions and The Will To Power (the book?).
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:19 am

Didnt read three prevuous posts. Stand by
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:22 am

I can't really say anything against what you wrote about existence. It seems up to snuff.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder



Posts : 2191
: 2592
Join date : 2011-11-15
Location : deep caverns in caves

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:26 am

Just realized I was misspelling Sysiphus. It's Sisyphus.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized


Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 9:53 am

"I know my destiny. There will come a day when my name will recall the memory of something formidable—a crisis the like of which has never been known on earth, the memory of the most profound clash of consciences, and the passing of a sentence upon all that which theretofore had been believed, exacted, and hallowed. I am not a man, I am dynamite. And with it all there is nought of the founder of a religion in me. Religions are matters for the mob; after coming in contact with a religious man, I always feel that I must wash my hands.... I require no "believers," it is my opinion that I am too full of malice to believe even in myself; I never address myself to masses. I am horribly frightened that one day I shall be pronounced "holy." You will understand why I publish this book beforehand—it is to prevent people from wronging me. I refuse to be a saint; I would rather be a clown. Maybe I am a clown. And I am notwithstanding, or rather not notwithstanding, the mouthpiece of truth; for nothing more blown-out with falsehood has ever existed, than a saint. But my truth is terrible: for hitherto lies have been called truth. The Transvaluation of all Values, this is my formula for mankind's greatest step towards coming to its senses—a step which in me became flesh and genius. My destiny ordained that I should be the first decent human being, and that I should feel myself opposed to the falsehood of millenniums. I was the first to discover truth, and for the simple reason that I was the first who became conscious of falsehood as falsehood—that is to say, I smelt it as such. My genius resides in my nostrils. I contradict as no one has contradicted hitherto, and am nevertheless the reverse of a negative spirit. I am the harbinger of joy, the like of which has never existed before; I have discovered tasks of such lofty greatness that, until my time, no one had any idea of such things. Mankind can begin to have fresh hopes, only now that I have lived. Thus, I am necessarily a man of Fate. For when Truth enters the lists against the falsehood of ages, shocks are bound to ensue, and a spell of earthquakes, followed by the transposition of hills and valleys, such as the world has never yet imagined even in its dreams. The concept "politics" then becomes elevated entirely to the sphere of spiritual warfare. All the mighty realms of the ancient order of society are blown into space—for they are all based on falsehood: there will be wars, the like of which have never been seen on earth before. Only from my time and after me will politics on a large scale exist on earth."

-N
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Will to Power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will to Power   Will to Power - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Will to Power
Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Men are will to power, Women are power
» A Thought on Will to Power / Power
» Power
» Will Is Power
» Towards right apprehension of power

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Interpretation :: Nietzsche Campfire-
Jump to: