Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Love

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:03 pm

I'm sort of half tempted to say something.

But I don't. Not for now.

Thank you all, see you all next time.

Neymar has really grown as a person. This match was exasperating to me because I passionately liked both teams.

But I know Capable doesn't like his threads highjacked. Enough for now, enjoy Japan Belgium.

. ....................

Wow wait. Lol. A misanthrope Nietzsche?

That's like saying Copernicus hated the Sun.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:04 pm

The risk here is that one goes into an ivory tower.
Capable is constantly doing the exact opposite of that, engaging the marketplace like Zarathustra and constantly receiving the same responses.
I avoid both market and tower when I need to speak my mind clearly; I become the tightrope walker, just indicating the highest aspect of the process that is taking place.

Ive learned more from Zarathustra than from anyone else, including Nietzsche.
Im sure that goes for Nietzsche too. Zarathustra is the life that life cuts into. His blood is wisdom, why one reads that book so slowly or never and why I intend to never finish it. Odin is close there, much closer than a human can endure qua his humanity, and madness is found accordingly. Madness in the form of redemption.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Pezer wrote:

Wow wait. Lol. A misanthrope Nietzsche?

That's like saying Copernicus hated the Sun.

No, the opposite. N loved life and saw that humanity does not revolve around life but around death. From his perspective the Superman was required to redeem man.
He loved man when man becomes god or animal or superman, but not when man is intent on staying man. This he found sickening.
But we have grown since then - I know he would have liked to see us play.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:07 pm

right. the misconception is that misanthropy is somehow closely related to nihilism, when nothing could be further from the truth.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Wagner convinced N that man is irredeemable. Wagner was his epic-liberal non sequitur, a lost dream.

Philanthropy and Misanthropy are very good friends.

I feel Im quoting st Augustine but one must decline the general nature of man to better it, and to better a nature simply means to make it healthier, more prone to enjoyment, thus more selective, more free in its will to power.

Ns very clear problem was that man wasn't ready yet, that Bolshevism ad Nazism still had to wreak their havoc on mans self-image, and I think he just saw too much of the pain that was possible. Hence, what is the value of truth? That is a all one great euphemism for the biting off of the adders head, which is an euphemism for truth.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
right. the misconception is that misanthropy is somehow closely related to nihilism, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Yes. It is the wholesale condoning of mans crap that is nihilistic.

Mankind needs to be overcome, like the ape needed to be overcome, because it is possible. Greater things are possible. We will still have all that is vital but shed some unnecessary humiliations, like the ape shed so much that we are glad to have lost. And to he who say well we also lost, you can go to the gym. Enjoy ape and man at the same time. Nothing wrong with some of that. But the humiliations man must shed are precisely that liberal skin that is coming loose. There is much that is repressed, that is a ridiculous understatement - a tremendous fear of truth is what characterizes man to such an extent that Nietzsche found even he couldn't escape it - and yet he tread where he feared. Why he is the ultimate hero, action hero even, superhero. But not yet a superman.

Last edited by Fixed Cross on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:21 pm

There is not a single post-Nietzsche thinker that I've seen address Nietzsche and not simply find a way to squirl away from his consequences. And to cover it up, make up some un related weakness. For Derruida, for instance, he claimed he used to like Nietzsche because he was an angry teenager's.

Anyway, that is all I see still. Nietzsche was in fact so hopeful towards man as he was that he threatened to leave Europe if they did not come to their senses. History shew him an optimist.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:25 pm

I will concede that a radical reaction AGAINST Nietzsche would be so powerful, because Nietzsche was so powerful, that it would be worth seeing.

Not more worth seeing than a people that could actually read him.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:30 pm

You seem to conflate misanthropy and pessimism. His greatness is in turning pessimism of strength into an optimism of strength. Previously, optimism had been some loose affair with a personal God. Now it became a task.

He was surely a philanthropist, but it was the loathing of the general rule as it stood for man was what inspired his most hilarious writing, his strongest happiest spirit. But I have the privilege of being able to read Zarathustra in the original text, which has been a bloody feast of recognition, dangerous laughter close to madness. Good book. There isn't a decent English translation though, it all sounds absurd and far far away, where in German it is like the tale of red riding hood but even more wolf.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:33 pm

These masters of to-day—surpass them, O my brethren—these petty people: THEY are the Superman's greatest danger!

Surpass, ye higher men, the petty virtues, the petty policy, the sand-grain considerateness, the ant-hill trumpery, the pitiable comfortableness, the "happiness of the greatest number"—!

And rather despair than submit yourselves. And verily, I love you, because ye know not to-day how to live, ye higher men! For thus do YE live—best!

I damn sure know how to read that.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:39 pm

I don't know. Until I see solid proof to the contrary, I will consider you a hard reaction against Nietzsche and follow you with great interest.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Remember that fascism is a hard reaction to communism. A hard reaction to something can be more akin to that thing than anything that came before it.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Lukaku is one exciting motherfucker. He could single-handedly win this Cup.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:55 pm

Of course I am a hard reaction, like a billiard ball to another.
I existed, N hit into me, a reaction took place that was hard as all fuck indeed, and some ten years later this reaction amounts in VO.

I am a counterpart to N, for sure.
As our charts reveal.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Sure. We'll leave it at that.

I am loathe to revive the actual philosophical discussion. Where you bring more pride than quality. Though you do have quality.

I know you are sensitive and easily offended. But by fuck, if this has any future, it will be with a bucketfull of honesty on my part. No more pasifying.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:49 pm

I guess that means it probably doesn't have any future. Frustrating how I can never tell what it is that can keep this thing going.

Imaginary tug of wars in a dozen different directions. But if the images can't keep up with reality, it becomes sterile.

I feel like shaking the computer.

MAybe that's the problem, a computer again. Phones are more honest.

More likely your inability to remain current. Current, dog. What is the point of this damn forum if not my amusement?

I'll go cool off. I can see I'm getting impertinent now.

See ya when I see ya.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 4:09 pm

I'll be more specific, since this IS a thread about love.

I am restless to a point of transcendence as a default state. I cannot handle things going well and being on track: I either need an incredibly existential arch to do battle in or... I forget the other. You easily provide these, but they are shadows, nothing real. They don't stand up to prodding. I can hear you thinking "that's neither my goal nor my problem."

Fuck I forgto the rest.

My main problem with life is how boring it is. Truly, it's fucking boring. The girls are prudes, the men are cowards and the people in charge worship machines. And everybody is scared of themselves and life and anything that isn't a spoon in their mouths.

You at least overcome 99% of these fears. But you are a first world baby, actual danger turns you off. Except if it's machinic genocidal danger, like Nazis, which you may or may not realize also provides detachement and thus avoiding from and of actual danger. The building up of forces on a scale that drains them from any individual humans, just the archetypical undercurrents.

This will not prevail, because I exist. You may also not understand that yet.

Only a pampered first world baby could consider those build ups appropriate sources of fun. Quixotesque to the max, without the charm of the scarcely populated world of medieval knights.

Fuck. Fuck your complacency. It is cowardice, I say this with love.

Oh well. Goddamnit. This boredom. On with taking over the world.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Stop looking at me like I'm crazy you fucking asshole. You're the one that lit the beacon.

Who in the fuck did you think was gonna come?
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Quote :
I'll be more specific, since this IS a thread about love.

I am restless to a point of transcendence as a default state. I cannot handle things going well and being on track: I either need an incredibly existential arch to do battle in or... I forget the other. You easily provide these, but they are shadows, nothing real. They don't stand up to prodding. I can hear you thinking "that's neither my goal nor my problem."

The real prodding isn't done here, among real people.
The problem is the path into the goo, the type of path Trump found.
Its not so much a problem as a case.

Im a detective in this sense. I like the action, but Ive got a purpose between the lines. Detective work is a lot of watching things unfold.

Quote :
My main problem with life is how boring it is. Truly, it's fucking boring. The girls are prudes, the men are cowards and the people in charge worship machines. And everybody is scared of themselves and life and anything that isn't a spoon in their mouths.

Hence the misanthropy.

Quote :
You at least overcome 99% of these fears. But you are a first world baby, actual danger turns you off. Except if it's machinic genocidal danger, like Nazis, which you may or may not realize also provides detachement and thus avoiding from and of actual danger.

Ive always sought out danger to the point of getting hurt, it is why I don't drink much. The nightmarish psychic memories of nazi times don't allow for avoiding danger either, thats a misconception. My sister is the same in this way, walking into the ghettos of Johannesburg, got held up and robbed of course, didn't mind it much, what counts is just seeing what really dangerous out there and what happens next, what you do next, to see if you're helpless or not. Neither she or I are helpless in danger. Perhaps we both endure it a bit too well, causing the conditions for it around us. What to do with this dangerousness, this is the question. I am fortunate enough to have friends like these, there is a great deal of meaning to the danger. But knowingt he absolute reality of it, I am patient with what matters the most.

Quote :
The building up of forces on a scale that drains them from any individual humans, just the archetypical undercurrents.

This will not prevail, because I exist. You may also not understand that yet.

But then again, I might understand such things quite well. And they might be the very reason for what you see as complacency. Taurus isn't complacent.

Quote :
Only a pampered first world baby could consider those build ups appropriate sources of fun. Quixotesque to the max, without the charm of the scarcely populated world of medieval knights.

Fuck. Fuck your complacency. It is cowardice, I say this with love.

Such a reproach is no insult. It is merely a call to action.
This is of course one of the reasons of my respect for you, that you give out this sort of reproach to the most complacent historical type, the philosopher; this is why we are a clan, if only bound by the fate of promethean vision.

Quote :
Oh well. Goddamnit. This boredom. On with taking over the world.

There is no other thing.
Boredom and love form a hard nut, the world itself, which needs to be made, usurped into life, the earth as a temple to the will. It must be erected, it isn't already there. But as soon as there is one temple, one explication of life that suffices in Dionysos' presence, as a theater, the age will have shifted.

I take your instincts seriously, this is also your Saturn year, the first year of the Saturn calendar, and with the Sagittarius Jupiter year starting inside of this Saturn year, I would be a fool to dismiss the signal of your increased unrest.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 7:38 pm

It's just... Yeah, you would, the question is whether to incluye you or not. And since I know you have a similar path that you will follow anyway, I am willing to throw everything and the kitchen sink at it.

Which led me today to the Second great pain. The first was the Nazi flag. That sort of stopped me cold and drew me off of my happy dream. The Second was looking at my horoscipe in astrocafe after throwing you away. One of the things it said: Lilith making some aspect: avoid love at first sight at all costs for it will lead to ruin of all duties and projects. Which I knew when I saw her. But you know how those things go.

That pain is significante enough to send me into a tail spin. Fuck all the Gods.

So obviously fuck you too. And me.

So here we are. Faith now outside of me, hovering like Link's fairy by my side.

Situation normal, dog.

Crazy game with that Japan.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Plus you have an ability that I can never have, no matter how hard I try: sitting still, riding the wave that you made, performing a proper stake out.

I'm a terrible fucking detective and I know it.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Also I'm quitting the smokes. Cheating often.

But I gotta do it. Can't have the vultures laughing at me like that.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:36 pm

That's not entirely true. I'm the finest detective in history after Nietzsche. Of real men. But what is needed now is what you say, detecting the goo. Working the goo. I could kill it. But the patience thing, it's bad. Even though the gods offer me women and riches aplenty as a reward. I can't ever hold it for long. I'm hoping as Saturn progresses and I amass the control that comes with the money I can be seduced by the gods. But, as you know, the from here to there is a problem. So here we are. Just me and fixed cross and the shadow of the dragonfly.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Also, this needs to be on the record, Capable is an unparalleled genious. I always tell him that he's the only philosopher I know. His writings are some crazy fucking shit. They can actually highjack a Nietzschean. That's impressive. But I can't do battle AND read his shit. I hope a life or two from now I'll be able to.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:41 pm

So that's why I urge him to drop the hate and keep writing. He will be posthumous. But he will be up there with Nietzsche, past Nietzsche in many important ways.

To him I say: stop the hate fool. We got this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next