Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nietzsche Nachlass

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Nietzsche Nachlass Empty
PostSubject: Nietzsche Nachlass   Nietzsche Nachlass Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:04 pm

The complete collection of the German texts:

http://www.nietzschesource.org/texts/eKGWB/NF-1869,1

These are mostly untranslated. I will try to post whatever I translate here.
Others are invited to do the same.

Last edited by Fixed Cross on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Nietzsche Nachlass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nietzsche Nachlass   Nietzsche Nachlass Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Sommer 1872 - Anfang 1873

19[24]

"Es handelt sich nicht um eine Vernichtung der Wissenschaft, sondern um eine Beherrschung. Sie hängt nämlich in allen ihren Zielen und Methoden durch und durch ab von philosophischen Ansichten, vergißt dies aber leicht. Die beherrschende Philosophie hat aber auch das Problem zu bedenken, bis zu welchem Grade die Wissenschaft wachsen darf: sie hat den Werth zu bestimmen!"

We are not concerned with a destruction of science, but with controlling it. She is in all here goals and methods through and through dependent on philosophical perspectives, but forgets this easily. The controlling philosophy must concern itself with the problem to which degree science may grow, she must determine the worth.

19[25]

"Nachweis der barbarisirenden Wirkungen der Wissenschaften. Sie verlieren sich leicht in den Dienst der „praktischen Interessen“."

Proof of the barbarizing workings of the sciences. They lose themselves in the service of "practical interests".
Back to top Go down

Nietzsche Nachlass
Page 1 of 1