Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

anti-Oedipal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

áš  : 8696

anti-Oedipal Empty
PostSubject: anti-Oedipal   anti-Oedipal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:56 pm

The Oedipus complex, may be seen very simply as the drive of an individual to own himself. The drive to eliminate the father and impregnate the father is the irrational desire to compensate for the knowledge that one has not brought forth oneself. Of course by actually doing such acts as violating and penetrating ones progenitors one achieves precisely the opposite. It is merely an expression of a repressed unfulfilled longing to completion, a displaced valuing.

The proper way to address the fact that one has not, as an organism, spawned oneself, is to identify the ground of the organic process itself, within oneself, as the highest and deepest experience one can attain to. Metaphors have been constructed to this end - Jesus who asks that the seer renounces his parents to become a child of God comes to mind first. But when we realize that "God" refers only to a profundity of self-experience, to the disclosure of self-valuing as the "miraculous ground" of being, even such renunciation becomes unnecessary.

Neither to impose on nor to renounce ones progenitors is required to know in/as oneself the quality that brought one forth from them. One has to learn to know oneself at the innermost operative core.

We can never be "one with the cosmos" when the cosmos is seen as a totality, a collection, a set, a thing, but we can attain consciously to the ground of the cosmos. We move deeper even that affirming the will to power or the Eternal Recurrence, than affirming the manifest to the maximum of our capacity - we move to embody the progenitor of time-space. And this is not "God". God is dead and gone.
Back to top Go down

anti-Oedipal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Storm :: Psychology-
Jump to: