Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maher with Conservatives

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Maher with Conservatives Empty
PostSubject: Maher with Conservatives   Maher with Conservatives Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 5:10 pm

I first saw Bill Maher on tv in a motel room in LA, found him brilliant.
It therefore annoyed me disproportionally when he joined the "Trump is stupid" choir and seemed to have lost his wits like half the world.
But in these conversations here, he is actually quite efficient in inviting both conservative men (Jordan Peterson and Steve Bannon) to make their points.

Ive never seen JP this tense, look at his posture. Maher is gracious and steers the talk well though.

Bannon overwhelms Maher here with his tax justification, and Maher responds very honestly, even if over the heads of his audience.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Maher with Conservatives   Maher with Conservatives Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Maher with Conservatives ZF4jZmc5nQWQHRkFnwMUrQLjZQNjZGNjZQNj

Yeah he is definitely masking a more philosophic instinct with his apparent choice of one side.
He certainly doesn't tend to respect his audience, thats always been clear.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Maher with Conservatives   Maher with Conservatives Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 6:44 pm

It always baffles me at first when a leftist is honestly surprised that a conservative would honestly think that racism is of the left rather than of the right. But then I realize that there is of course a lot of racism on the right, and that every culture on Earth that I know of has racism as a conservative trait, in the sense of preferring ones own race to interact with and rely on. This will seem obvious to liberals but to me it is a reality receded behind the more problematic racism of the left, which aims to make race the central issue of basically all decisions a human makes in his life, as a background radiation to all of consciousness. There are people now going through life wondering if it is racist to wash their hands because in Africa there is drought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maher with Conservatives   Maher with Conservatives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maher with Conservatives
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Storm :: The World :: Media-
Jump to: