Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Notion on myth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Notion on myth Empty
PostSubject: Notion on myth   Notion on myth Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Were discussing the myth of Persephone, this dude said something wise.

∵ Nyctophile 93 ∵ wrote:
Taking something at face value rather than turning it into an elaborate metaphor is kind of antithetical to mysticism and esotericism. Most of the occult is concerned with finding the hidden allegories behind myths and, if one can't be found, inventing one that sounds plausible.
Look at the plethora of differences in how a Rosicrucian interprets the Bible compared to an evangelical, fundamentalist Christian, for instance.
Which isn't to say that either direction is right. I just mean, yeah, that's kind of the audience a Discord server centered around Thelema is going to attract.
Personally, I don't think the original intent matters at all. I'm far more interested in the mystical traditions developed out of it. Even if the foundation is in a mistake, a lot of truth can be poured out through the process of mysticism. In that sense, any text can become mystical with enough time and devotion.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Notion on myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notion on myth   Notion on myth Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 4:33 am

Exactly. This is why there is much value in numerologically reading a person’s license plate or birthday. Seemingly random numbers. Produce extended truth structures when utilized in ratio’d systems imbued with rich and deep significance and meaning. And the prerequisite to already have a very perceptive mind with strong rational deductive and inductive powers only fortifies this “magical” effect.
Back to top Go down

Notion on myth
Page 1 of 1