Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond    Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 11:05 pm

Meaning in as far as language understands it even when it gives it is ambiguous.

Meaning means more than language does, language is the chandelier, or the coal, that holds the flame of meaning.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond    Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 11:08 pm

This is the flame of meaning, but meaning is not a flame. This flame is a metaphor and we understand this - we understand meaning as awake in a flame. And yet this has only though innumerable tangents to do with actual fire. All this is the excess around the hard angles of linguistic-semantic meaning, the "logic" which gives its grammars and powers to contain and combine characters of experience, which would not exist in such relations and structures if it weren't less than what it "does", if it would have been a true edifice in the Wittgensteinian sense, when men thought of the world as a building.
Back to top Go down
Parodites
Tower
Tower
Parodites

: 856

PostSubject: Re: Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond    Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 11:10 pm

And it is that reaching-beyond language by Meaning, that grants language:

the ineradicable silence of Negativity, and that Loss hemmed
around all Being,- the inarticulation and ALEPH at the mysterious border or NULL of all
speech, through which alone speech might reckon with its own finitude and thereby
produce actual meaning.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond    Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Yes, thats what I meant to say. It is thus no wonder that meaning evolved from pure Aristotelean virgin cult into the scope it took on in the Renaissance through the art of seduction in the Troubadours. It has to do with fractal evolution, not gonna go into this here.

We thus seen meaning as relying on three different "functions"; literal-indicative, seductive-evolutionary and grounding-ontic.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond    Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 3:28 pm

That’s a place I’m not prepared to go — yet. Let me let this marinate just a little more.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond    Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 9:04 pm

As truth must recede. The Negative.

Is truth Negative?

What is the meaning of truth?

What is the meaning of a stage?

Truth is indicated by its opposite. Antipodes, of which many prance around teasingly, trolling.

"What is the meaning of this question?"

"What am I asking here?"

lol

The cup, the grail, the golden construct of reason
and then we have the ale.

Ale. What is the meaning of ale?

Nay! claimeth the townsfolk, what is the ale of meaning? Because meaning is to man what ale is to man - and language is the froth of ale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond    Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meaning studies as the new philosophy 2200 and beyond
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2